Thread: Lady's night

Aspiring Member

Lady's night

A local bar/restaurant has lady's night on Wednesdays. Has anyone ever been refused when going in enfemme? I think it is trans friendly...

Jamie,
    You missed the point I think.....

Where?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I've never been refused anything! Wouldn't know how to act!

Go and have fun!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    if it was ladies drink free....i would be in trouble ! LOL...this is a good question though...think about it...ladies drink free..or very cheap...you go in with a dress on. Most would probably be accepting im guessing.

Either have a very convincing presentation or call them and ask.

no I,ve not ever had an issue
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

The purpose of Ladies nights is to attract women to consume those cheap drinks. The attracts male customers who wish to take advantage of this situation. If you go to Ladies' night make sure that male attention is your cup of tea.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

^that.
    My thinking on the drinks side of it...
    If I was a bartender and some guy went full hog dressing up with makeup and all...
    I'd give the cheaper drinks just for the effort!

Or maybe that's just my own thought knowing how much we go thru to transform ourselves....
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I've called ahead a few times when I first started going out, but since I've only been to gay/lesbian clubs, it's never an issue at all. I'd say that's true anywhere, but stay out of the leather bars. :-P I'm not sure I would ever have the nerve to go to any of the straight bars around here, but if I did I would seriously consider calling ahead.

Platinum Member
    I think you need to use caution and do some research. Each bar seems to have a certain element that attracts certain types of people. Of course, you may add fuel to the fire because of the alcohol if you're presentation is not accepted. If you have a certain bar in mind I would recommend going as a male and checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    The purpose of Ladies nights is to attract women to consume those cheap drinks. The attracts male customers who wish to take advantage of this situation. If you go to Ladies' night make sure that male attention is your cup of tea.

And technically they cannot refuse you and SHOULD treat you like a "lady". Now the bar may do this but the patrons may have other ideas. I think the concept is prejudiced but like Eryn explained, there is a method to the madness.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

i've owned a bar for over 25 years now and i will let you ladies in on a little secret. ladies nights are illegal, in most states anyways, and ny for sure!!
    now i'm not one to break any laws, but if i had a ladies nite, i would serve you. and i would probably do it on a wednesday night, maybe after 8:00 pm, and i would suggest
    bringing a lot of your friends and come early as it might be busy...but thats only if i did have a ladies night!!
    paula

Jamie, the best way to find out is to go en femme, order your drinks, enjoy the evening and then see if you got the ladies' discount pricing when you get the bill. No need to call ahead nor ask the bartender. No need to draw any attention to your question, unless you do not mind the attention. If you would go there anyway, then just go and have fun.