Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funniest/coolest reactions when coming out to friends?

Funniest/coolest reactions when coming out to friends?

A lot of times, we are apprehensive or just downright scared of the reactions will be when we tell our friends about crossdressing. For myself, I know even now.. my heart beat still goes up when I tell it to a new friend.. and that's after having a 100% success rate.

So instead of talking about negative reactions.. how about any funny or cool reactions you (hopefully) have experienced?

My coolest one was after I told some of my friends and showed them my pictures on Flickr, when one of the girls who was going to get married said: "I think you should do my make-up, because you seem to be very good at it!"

(I politely declined.. because as an amateur.. you don't want to be responsible for the make-up of a bride on her most important day when everyone will be looking at her! )
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

One of my main roles was to act as watchdog for some girls at their parents beach house.
    They cleverly disguised me as a girl so as the nosey neighbours would not tell their parents that there was a boy staying there.

Of course I put up a slight opposition for about five minutes.
    After that it was all out over the town.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Mom telling me she was glad she no longer had to sneak into my "secret" stash when she needed pantyhose in an emergency, comes to mind.
    Barbie

A married co-worker asked me where she could purchase "Size 12 high heels." Her feet are no where near size 12.....

Gold Member
    Coolest? My oldest daughter paused for maybe two seconds and then came over and hugged me saying she loved me no matter what I did.

Funniest? A friend of my wife and I who's first words were "I need to see all of your sequined dresses!".

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    a friend of mine saying """Ahhh so THAT explains ALOT...NOW it makes sense"...

feels better in a dress
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    haha that was my moms reaction

A lady I was dating for a while (before I met my current SO) didn't miss a beat ... she simply said "you had better not have better looking clothing and shoes than me!"
    Turns out, I did LOL So we went shopping together, for her wardrobe more so than mine LOL

On one of our shopping outings, we found an awesome pair of leopard print heels - and they were only available in my size. She wasn't a happy camper that day - and still reminds me about those shoes to this day!
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Lexi - maybe she wanted to get some for her SO? Could be a new friend for you to meet

My friends have been great to me. They seem to expect this side of me, which I never expected. I'm not saying this works for all, but in my case things turned out better than I expected.

My grandpa is the only one that I've 'actually' came out to and his reaction was priceless!

So, you're a guy then? That explains a lot..." followed by "Man to man, there's something I have to tell you, son. Have as much sex as you can when you're young Len...once you get on high blood pressure medicine, it's all over." with a sad look on his face lol I love my Papaw ^_^

Many years ago I confided in a female coworker about my crossdressing. She was OK with it. In the same conversation she asked my advice on her own situation. She was dating another male coworker that was trying to get her involved in a 3-way with another female and wanted to know what she should do. I was a bit dumbfounded by this revelation and couldn't offer her much advice.
    Phoebe

For me the best (coolest?) experience was when my wife informed our two daughters and their husbands that we were getting divorced and that I was a CD. They were much more upset aout the pending divorce than they were about learning that I was a CD. It was no big deal to them as they each have many friends who are gay/lesbian or "other". One daughter made the statement that she was not all that surprised (I haven't found out what she meant).

On the way home my wife was very upset that my daughter and son-in-law were not very upset. She said that she had wasted a lot of time and energy "protecting" me! I was very proud that my daughters were accepting of people that are a bit "different" and were not prejudiced!
    Hugs, Carole

I have been frightened to come out to many straight male (non-CD) friends. I did tell my father-in-law. He was the coolest guy, a holocaust survivor, well traveled, highly educated. He always treated me like his own son. He thought it was great. The most touching moment, as he was dying I spent time with him and he grabbed my hand and said, "I never cared how you dress. I love you for who you are." He passed away a couple days later. I miss him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Same here with all my friends
    Drumming, My other hobby

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    ..wife was very upset that my daughter and son-in-law were not very upset. She said that she had wasted a lot of time and energy "protecting" me!
    Gotta be fantastic to hear that. Don't know divorce specs, but knowing how sometimes spouses attempt to 'play the children' to get them on their side (kind of like a war-or at least to justify their own decisions) that's great.

Yeah...that's about what I got. Best friends I've known for ~23 years. And since I've never dated or been as outspoken,etc they had even wondered (I later found out from mom they'd asked or hinted on in a conversation) if I was gay...
    Granted...never really took action on feminine side until long after that point but...
    Last edited by KaceyR; 02-13-2014 at 10:57 PM.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Many years ago my then wife got upset one time when her best friend made a comment about why her husband could not be more like me. He was a real jerk. We had agreed we would keep my cross dressing between us but she blurted out "At least your husband doesn't want to dress in woman clothes". Her friend looked at me with really big eyes and I thought Oh god here it comes. Her friend then smiled and said some of her best friends from when she was in the Navy were cross dressers and she loved men in sexy lingerie. Long story short she and I would go out once a month clubing and dancing while our spouses stayed at home. Sure wish she had not moved away. We had some really fun times together.

^that's just priceless! haha! i love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie Anne View Post
    Mom telling me she was glad she no longer had to sneak into my "secret" stash when she needed pantyhose in an emergency, comes to mind.
    This had me laughing, my SO thought it was funny as well. What was your reaction? "Oh, good,. Err....what?!"

My SO's reaction, when I told her before we actually started dating, was "Oh! Cool!"
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERDRESSER View Post
    This had me laughing, my SO thought it was funny as well. What was your reaction? "Oh, good,. Err....what?!"

My SO's reaction, when I told her before we actually started dating, was "Oh! Cool!"
    I actually turned into a blubbering mess and we had a good cry together. She's not completely cool about it.......little better than DADT but she loves and accepts me.
    Barbie

Funniest....
    When we finally told our son I said "you always knew I was a little odd".
    His response "Yeah, but this takes it to a whole new level!"
    Sally

I told an old friend, when we met we were just kids, now she is grown into a wonderful woman.
    with husband, kids and has a good life.

When I told her, she was shocked and mad, She said I should have told her years ago, so we could have gone shopping.
    Damn, now you tell me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    Ha! That's what my girlfriend said.

The first person I came out to was a GG friend of mine and she was very supportive and said she would love to help me explore this part of myself.

Silver Member
    One night soon after my wife had told her friend that I CDd they were sitting in den talking about an event. They asked if I had a slip or something she could borrow for her outfit. I did and loaned it to her. She returned it after the event and said, here is your slip and thanks.

Since the thread title specifies "to friends", I'll leave for another time reactions of SOs

I had hardly told anyone besides a few women I've been with, just my brothers and their wives, one friend, all of whom were supportive in the way of "we love you no matter what." Then, last May, 2013, when for a variety of reasons I was feeling down and/or fed up with things, I posted on facebook something like: "I like to wear women's clothes, so there's that..." (I don't recall the exact wording.)
    The Coolest reaction was Everyone's who said anything on the post. I hadn't really known what to expect, Unfriendings? But instead I got support from some of what I feared would be unlikely places. Many friends and relatives posted supporting me, sending love and thanks for my honesty and openness.

OK, maybe that says something about my friends and relatives: I have Great ones

I did also get that "you should have told me!" from a long-ago gf who I hadn't told, and while she's not "into" it, she's suportive, and has sent me 4 pairs of sexy heels and a dress and nightgown