Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have noticed that many crossdressers dress younger than their male side years

Gone to live my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Roli F View Post
    I think in my case it seems that I have a 30% female side, She acts 25 to 26 unlike my 50+ years I think its because she only gets 30 % of the time to dress/exist so she is 70% younger. does anyone else concur
    Hi Roli,

Love the creative statistics which leads to 70% younger so I will concur. However, the pragmatist in me . . . okay truth be told . . . my wife . . . sounds the voice of reason for me "Age appropriate sweetie boy or girl" So alas no skateboarder pants and hoodies "en boy" for me or mini skirts and halter tops for me "en girl".

Hugs

Isha

OK, so my calendar age is 50+ but I took this internet quiz that says I am only 32, and you know if its on the internet it has to be true, so which age do I consider when trying to figure out if I am dressing younger than my actual age?

I dunno, my wife and I have always dressed pretty much the same - mostly black clothes and tee shirts with monsters, skulls, samurai and such. Leather if its cold. Bamboo and modal if it isn't. We haven't changed that much in 30 years. I'm wearing more tight compression clothes these days and more tunics and dresses but I really mostly just look like my wife. I have no intention of wearing age appropriate clothes. Why would I? Nothing else I do is age appropriate, whatever that means.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It all depends....when in Rome. ..

I don't see anything wrong with wearing anything in the privacy of my home.

Outside of that, it's venue specific. I wouldn't wear jeans to a symphony concert, nor my doleman sleeved top that's just long enough to be an incredibly short dress, even though it would work if I were 22! I like to feel comfortable in whatever setting so I dress to that end.

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    It all depends....when in Rome. ..

I don't see anything wrong with wearing anything in the privacy of my home.

Outside of that, it's venue specific. I wouldn't wear jeans to a symphony concert, nor my doleman sleeved top that's just long enough to be an incredibly short dress, even though it would work if I were 22! I like to feel comfortable in whatever setting so I dress to that end.
    Well said Tina.
    Barbie

I would say I dress according to how I feel, I like to look like women I like or what I have seen them wear. I still like the 50's classic dress look or 80s skirt and blouse ensemble. I dress to what makes me feel feminine not to neccessarily seem like a younger age. Being 46 and 6'6" I could never go out in public and pass but if you saw my long legs you would swear they were XX. I know nothing of todays fashion and that is okay, my mind is still in the 70's and of my own choosing I never left. Bell Bottoms, chokers and corduroy here we come!

Yeah I'm guilty of that. I'm 66 but dress like I'm 45. Totally scandalous, right? :P
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I always dress younger than my advanced age. 58 and climbing. There seems to be a gratification from being able to emulate a symbol of desire. Sexy, buxom, youthful. Sometimes crossdressing is the adult swim in the fountain of youth. But, hey! Woman do it to! Here in Las Vegas the 'Malibu Barbie turns 70' look is everywhere. I sorta fit right in.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

My female part/persona/mind whatever you want to call it, is stuck in early adolescence; while I have lots of theories why, it doesn't change what I want to wear. I'm 50 now, but have always wanted to wear clothes that a girl in her early teens does. School uniforms, cheerleader outfits, etc., all things that can be found in the 'Juniors' section at the stores. If you want the theory that supports it, read the link in my sig.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Makes sense to me. Age a relative thing. Hell, nowadays 60 is the new 40. I mean if you got the looks. Because that's what it's all about, am I wrong? Pretty is pretty and if you're not? Well....I dunno What, actually. Horrid thought.

You can make figures and statistics work for you all the time.
    I used to dress younger than my age because when I was 25 I was still being asked for ID in bars.
    A looked like an eighteen year old blonde at age 25.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have been told that when I'm dressed I look ten to fifteen years younger than my actual age and that makes me feel good about the girl inside me.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Well... Kacey's only..... ~4 months old for me soo... Diapers it is!

I guess my bit of chin in the face forces me to not present _too_ young..
    That being said, I've felt I've missed out on a good part of my life for the last couple of decades.
    And since the majority of presentation is artificial I figure I'll try for a bit young as possible.
    (Always was told I look younger than my 48 anyways so I try to make it work for me )

But it is venue-specific. That's the primary control factor.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Not even GGs want to be old ladies. lol Most GGs I see try to look younger than they are. Gosh, turn on the TV and all you see are cosmetics to make you look younger. None of them WORK of course... but the hope sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Iz View Post
    Being 46 and 6'6" I could never go out in public and pass
    Sure you can ... wig, big sunglasses, and jacket that says "WOMEN'S ALUMNI BASKETBALL"
    Last edited by Katey888; 02-14-2014 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts - edit should be used, not new post

Silver Member
    Many here want to experience the missed years of experimenting and learning what girls experience as they grow up. I learned the same as my sisters did as they progressed through growing up. Maybe that is why I have always dressed my age. Well actually I wanted to have boobs at 12 and look older. After 30 I wanted to look younger the same as my sisters did. Today, I'm just happy to be alive.

Dressing as an older woman doesn't mean stretch pants and baggy top. I know many women who wear beautiful clothes and look sharp. It just means they don't shop in the teen departments. Let's face it we should wear clothes that make us look good and not outrageous. What goes on behind closed doors should remain there.

As I live in a mild climate and a very casual locale, I dress "young" in male mode I suppose, lots of jeans or shorts and T-shirts or sleeveless Ts, with flip flops when the weather cooperates. But when the occasion calls for it, I suppose even my dressed up clothes are slightly on the young side in male mode. I just don't know what 50+ is "supposed to" feel like, lol. I don't try to look 25 (or 35 or 45), all GQ, but I don't do 3 piece suits, either.

That said, at home I often dress from the Juniors dept., in High heels. I want to feel sexy, so I do. I've gone out lately only to Halloween or exotic events, so could "get away" with nearly anything. Previously, and possibly in the future (DLV anyone?) I have and will dress appropriately for the day or evening outing or event. That said, I still will show off as much leg as I can! They're my best (and only) feature, heh. Oh, that reminds me, I'll get pics up pretty soon!

I think that the "dressing younger" thing could stem from several factors:

Some of us didn't start at a young age and we are sort of "making up for lost time." I have some things that I bought just to try privately and wouldn't think of wearing out the door.

Some of us, despite our age, are slim and narrow-hipped, proportions which lends itself more to Juniors or Missy sizes than Womens. These sizes are naturally styled younger. If they can wear it well, they should. A fiftysomething GG lucky enough to have that sort of figure would do the same.

Some of us just don't know better. Dressing appropriately comes with experience, and it's a much more demanding skill for women than men. Men dress to look like other men in a particular situation. Women strive to look different than other women, yet conform to some general standards that vary with their personal situation, including age. Learning what is age-appropriate takes experience and observation and the rules are constantly changing.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    When I started dressing, it was all about skin tight mini skirts. Then I took some videos of myself in different outfits, and the skin tight minis looked ridiculous on me. Now I dress well for a classy old broad who can go anywhere she likes and be accepted pretty much as such. I like to think of myself as a naughty librarian. It keeps me grounded yet playful.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I absolutely fit into the "dressing younger" category! I am approaching 50, and my closet is filled with mini skirts...mostly denim. I also have some short shorts, and some really cute patterned and also lace tights. I also like sweater dresses with leggings, and most of my pajama sets come from the Juniors department (Tweety Bird, etc.). I like bright neon colors for socks and workout clothing. All of my jeans are low rise boot cut and fit pretty snug. I only wear women's jeans; they fit me better and they are far more comfortable.
    I guess it makes me feel younger, and it's the style that I like.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Hi Isha
    I think what I meant was that because she exists in a 70% less timescale, there is a reason for the younger portrayal. I have dressed age appropriate on occasions, but dressed younger have attracted many wolf whistles from my rear profile but never from the front profile, regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Hi Roli,

Love the creative statistics which leads to 70% younger so I will concur. However, the pragmatist in me . . . okay truth be told . . . my wife . . . sounds the voice of reason for me "Age appropriate sweetie boy or girl" So alas no skateboarder pants and hoodies "en boy" for me or mini skirts and halter tops for me "en girl".

Hugs

Isha
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Maria View Post
    As my male counterpart,if I live until June,I'll be 60,and look and feel every minute of it.As Barbara,I look and feel about 45.That's why I dress younger.I like what I see in the mirror as Barbara(don't like seeing my male counterpart at all). I love feeling young(er),pretty and feminine.
    This is me, just subtract a couple of years in age!

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    My female part/persona/mind whatever you want to call it, is stuck in early adolescence; while I have lots of theories why, it doesn't change what I want to wear. I'm 50 now, but have always wanted to wear clothes that a girl in her early teens does. School uniforms, cheerleader outfits, etc., all things that can be found in the 'Juniors' section at the stores. If you want the theory that supports it, read the link in my sig.
    I just had a conversation with my therapist where I told her I felt silly sometime with how much I was enjoying things like cheerleader outfits and My Little Pony and she suggested that it was important to be okay with enjoying my new adolescence as I never got to experience it from this side of the street and it would be crucial in growing further.

In general though my preference is to dress near my age or slightly younger but fashion wise even at 40 that leaves plenty of trendy and fun fashions to enjoy.
    β€œIn another moment down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

β€œI can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

I dress however the occasion sees fit...to a club...short minidress...to the salon...jeans, a nice top and rather conservative attire...

Begin with the premise, "I never grew up and it is too late to start," even at 72, and one will see why the closet has all sorts of outfits, some of which may be age appropriate for the body in them and some of which are more suited to the age of the mind in the body.

I dress younger as a guy and a girl. I do not have enough girl clothes for outside the bedroom to determine my exact demographic age but I assume as I lose more weight and purchase more outfits, it will be younger.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy