Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do I do this to myself?

Banned Read only

Why do I do this to myself?

I can't help but do side by side comparisons when I buy something that was modeled. I saw this dress on that woman and when "Wow! I want that." Winter has been dragging on and I thought a spring time casual dress would be nice. Now I know I wouldn't look like her, but come on, a size 2?!?!? I went with a 14 to make sure the button front wouldn't gap (I normally wear a 12). Am I really 7 times bigger than her? Does anyone else to this? I must be nuts to keep flogging myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Compare of you want, I think you look 1000 times better then her.
    Honestly the dress looks better on you.

those tall skinny models, do nothing for me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

plain jane cross dresser Kimberly Renee's Avatar
    Try putting your right foot in front. Makes a world of difference.

I "flog" myself every time I look in a mirror. My body might be OK, but my face screams "COW!"

She just to dam skinny. I think I would have go with the size 12 either way you look great.

I think you look natural in that dress. I wouldn't be surprised if the model in the photo has been photoshopped. The cuts look different in the two dresses.

It's natural to compare ourselves to others boy mode or girl mode.
    The thing you have to ask yourself is "Do I like me in this dress?" Not "Do I like this dress on me versus on the girl in the ad?".
    Hope that helped.

If skinny was smiling, she may have won, but you are looking good, happy and smiling, so win the photographic section, the creative section, and the most likely to get a date section.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    Shy, you are dead on on this. But funny thing is, in guy mode I never do this. I don't care. Somehow I care in girl mode. Crazy.

It's usually the style and/or color of an outfit that catches my eye. I begin to formulate what I can do with it rather than the static model in the catalog.Despite the size difference, we will both have our own particular charm wearing it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    It's the heels. Wear some red ones and you two could be twins.

The dress looks better on you, she is too skinny.

I never have Myself. I just look at the dress on the model and ask myself....Can I pull that off?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Dear I stopped comparing myself to those anorexic stepford models ages ago. Besides you have a better figure, nicer legs and much prettier face and smile than her. She's a fence post..yuck. Never got the twiggy look.
    Barbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Shy, you are dead on on this. But funny thing is, in guy mode I never do this. I don't care. Somehow I care in girl mode. Crazy.
    I don't know how you are in guy mode, but for me I have a "Don't really care how I look right now!" or "good enough!" attitude for the most part.
    As soon as I start thinking about CDing I get way more into personal appearance and really start caring about how I look or am gonna look. Then I start going crazy thinking I forgot to buy a hygiene product I was supposed to.

Do I?? It's more like when don't I. I couldn't and don't ever want to be an overly skinny size 2. Thoes models look like toothpicks with boobs to me. I would love to be a size 12 or 14 like you Jennifer but it'll never be. I was that size when I was 16.

BTW that dress looks killer on you.

Silver Member
    Jennifer - maybe you should compete with some photo shopping, like magazines do.

You look better than her, anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Thanks Heather! Nothing like losing 30 pounds instantaneously! Nice perspective

You got it Jennifer. The advertisers have us all hooked. Our minds say, hey, I look like her, I'll buy that one and I'll be just like her.... as long as I don't look in the mirror. In my neck of the woods, it's pretty easy to appear 'skinny'.

That being said, I love your choice of blendy outfits. I think you are a true inspiration to many of us. I thank you for posting....

Renne.....

Personally I think you look pretty good Jennifer,and those models are too skinny. Even the GGs believe that. As for me,I just want to look like most of the GG s I see.

Banned Read only
    Here is the deal. We are not size 00 models who have been Photoshopped. The cut of the dress is made for her body not ours nor most GGs. If you want to get the same look as her, locate a good seamstress. I have to have most of my clothing made for me. I cannot buy off the rack and expect it to fit.

i agree with all that has been said, the dress on you looks right; on the model it looks like a mannequin in a window

I think you look wonderful and just right!!

Jennifer, I agree with the multitude, you look awesome and the model is way to skinny.
    My only issue with this whole deal is you forgot to tell us where you got that cute dress.
    I want one, too.

Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Not crazy at all.. In guy mode in takes me 20 seconds to get dressed. Grab any shirt from drawer a, any jeans from drawer b, grab my one and only coat and out the door.

In my limited outings as Gretchen, it's a totally different story. Colors have to match each other, stripes can't go with other stuff have to matched, things have to be coordinated, different belts for different outfits.

I went away for 5 days on vacation last year, ( i only dressed at home at that time, so I didn't bring any girl clothes), the only shoes I packed were the sneakers on my feet. I went away for 2 days last week and brought 4 outfits and 3 pairs of shoes.

But this is the reason I think I have been drawn to crossdressing in the first place. There are so many different options, more variety of tops, skirt types, shoe styles. Colors abound.

Finally, and I am not just saying to make you feel better Jennifer.. I have not seen one picture for you that you did not look good in. You don't look the same as the model, and we don't give a rats behind when the muscular model wearing the suit in the ad don't come close to how we look in it. But you look pretty in that dress, and from the smile on your face makes you feel nice, and I would rather have pretty than drop dead gorgeous any day of the week!!

Pretty dress but no you're right. Important to choose what matches you. Can always work to change yourself. Never too late despite everything. Your body is flexible changeable robust. You can fit in if willing to give up. Change your lifestyle diet and stuff. Not as hard as you might think.