Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do I do this to myself?

I think it looks like it fits you well. Remember, female sized clothes don't correspond to any known measurment on earth, other than wishful thinking on the part of the women, after all, a size zero would mean she wouldn't exist! Women are always concerned with numbers; my ex wife and some previous GF's refused to even try on a size numbered above what they felt they should wear, even if it meant they wouldn't buy something that they really, really wanted. They'd go home lamenting that the store didn't carry 'their size'. or that the dress didn't fit right, all the while refusing to try on the next up size. Thankfully, most of us don't suffer from that problem; I'd have worn a size 200 if it fit! We're all snowed in up here in the northeast today, and travel is out of the question. So I'm stuck alone in the house until the blizzard is over. This may be the hardest test of mine yet, because while I can't drive, my stash is within walking distance. Aaaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The comparison looks a little skinny and scrawny.
    You look like a nice cuddly size.
    I wont do that I will leave it to your wife.
    Well proportioned and quite well presented.
    Yes I don't look so hot in a bikini these days either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    You look great! You have a much nicer smile! That is what people want to see when they come home.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    size zero would mean she wouldn't exist!
    I keep feeling there's some sort of physics.. Maybe tied with quantum theory... That applies here...
    It sure seems like it'd take a physicist to make sense out of so many sizing differences....

Other than that it looks good on ya! And yeah to me that model version doesn't look to match the numbers they present...
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

haha - I do the same - and have a whole "to do" list of outfits and looks I want to buy/try

It looks great on you. Clothes will never look the same on a model as they do on a real person. If you saw the back of her in that moment, she probably has all sorts of clips and things holding the dress perfectly in place. Girl on the left looks so stiff and uncomfortable, while you look happy and confident. Don't worry so much about how you look, focus more on how you feel. More often than not feeling good = looking good.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Jennifer, the dress really does look good on you. We're not models, but we always knew that. Enjoy it, it suits you well and you don't have to worry about anorexia like that model.

What has been said: GGs don't look like models, either. Even models don't look like models! 'shopped, yep. You look wonderful, Jennifer.

Hi Jennifer. There are those of us who would love to have your figure. I think you look great.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    You're feet are wrong and you need a white background. That's the only difference I can see!

It's total folly for girls like me to compare. At 6'3" and 195 pounds I have to set my own style and expect others to follow me! LOL

Silver Member
    If that was true, I would be literally 12 times her size (and would weigh 1200 pounds). Clothing sizes are totally illogical, and were certainly not devised by an engineer.

Jennifer the only thing missing are the red heels, and a bit of photoshop.
    That dress looks fabulous on you. I believe you already know that though, or
    you would not have ever posted it for us to see. Thanks for sharing with us all.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Sweetie, that's because you're a real woman. Models like her are air-brushed, Photo-shopped, stretched, and pulled long before they ever reach the aisle. You look so beautiful in that dress, why worry about a Barbie doll?

Also, I'd like to add that Marilyn Monroe is by far the greatest sex symbol this country has ever had and she wore a size 12

I do compare myself with women a lot too not exactly the way you do though. I think its swell and you've got fantastic measurements quite trim.

Jennifer, I think that this color is not complimentary to you. Everyone, based on skin tone and hair color, has certain colors that are good for their looks and others not so good. These colors in my humble opinion do not work for you. It has nothing to do with weight as Heather pointed out. It has to do with the color of the outfit.

Also the color and lighting are different, her dress seems to be more of a pink plaid and yours is orange-y, and orange is not a flattering color for many people. What I think you need is that dress but a slightly different version, say 3/4 sleeves, in a solid or different plaid. That should do the trick. But don't compare yourself to some almost 6 foot tall, perfect looking 20 year old model at any rate, that's a fools errand.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Having clothing custom made is one option, though an expensive one. A much less expensive DIY approach is to get something that's just a little large and tailor it by bringing in the seams. My wife made me some tailored shirts by making a new seam just inside the existing seams, where needed / as much as needed. Quick, easy, very inexpensive, and even works on thrift store clothing.

There is no comparison! You look great in that dress and I think they should hire you to model for their marketing of it!

You look great in that dress and probably could have gone with a 12. But you're right to be more concerned with a proper fit than the actual size. Many (if not most) gg's fixate on size more so than proper fit as if the general public is judging them on what size they wear versus how the clothing fits. I think it's even more important for us (cd's) to wear good fitting clothes as a poor fit (i.e. too tight) is just one more "tell".

In brief, Jenn, you cut it. She3 doesn't. Great!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Gold Member
    In case you forgot, look up - Dove ad: The Evolution of Beauty
    The woman starts out looking like Butthead's sister and by the time they makeup, take tons of photos, then photoshop the best one, it is totally different.
    If you look up old ads vs the ones of today, you notice models in older ads were only slightly unrealistic where today it is totally unrealistic.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

To be honest, the FIRST thing I noticed was bright eyes and a genuine smile. THEN the dress and pose. I have no problems with any part of the picture. The fact that your wife is cool with this as well is the icing on the cake.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I think that buying a dress, well any clothes, is like buying a house. Don't fall in love with it til you own it. Meaning - try on something that you like, but if it doesn't work for you, or they don't have the right size for you, move on! All of the time I see mannequins with a cute little outfit on and then try it on me only to be sourly disappointed with the look. I think, gee why did not that work for me, it is cut in all the right places, then I go back and check out the mannequin only to discover all of the pinning they did in the back to get it to fit right. Clothes will always look different on different people.

So try it first, fall in love second!

Does it really matter if you are bigger than her? That dress looks beautiful on you and you look beautiful in it. I'm sure there are a lot of men that would love to take you out on a date in that.

kisses
    danielle

Dont let it get to you. You look great in it. I have muscular arms and bet that my arms wouldnt fit the sleeves of that dress so I'd say you are lucky I bout a similare button up dress....guess what...my arms were way to big...oh well ill never try those dresses again lol.