Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG, I have to dress for 4 events on one weekend! Yikes!

OMG, I have to dress for 4 events on one weekend! Yikes!

I just made contact with the TRI-ESS group in Atlanta and have been invited to their monthly support group meeting. That all sounded swell until I figured out that, unlike dressing in drab, I will need to have 4 different outfits for a reception Fri evening, group meeting Sat morning, PM activities on Saturday and a dressier dinner on Saturday evening! Dressed en femme, I will need to present a whole different "package" on each occasions - from shoes, hosiery, dress or slacks, jewelry and accessories!

So, Off to Lane Bryant I went (en drab) and after browsing for a while, selected 3 items to purchase. The cashier said," Someone's going to have a great Valantines Day!" So, I replied, "Little do you know". She said "Aw, come on, we both know that these are for you and that you will look great in them!" I asked how she knew and she reminded me that I had a bra fitting there about 6 months ago. "48b, isn't it?" Can you believe that she remembered me?

Anyway, she dug in her drawer and found some "REAL WOMAN" discount certificates and that gave me 30% off. After completing the transaction, she handed me another REAL WOMAN coupon good for $25 on my next purchase. She said," You're just as REAL as any woman who comes in here, honey!

Talk about making my day!!! I wonder if she knows what an effect she had on me.

I already know what I will use the $25 certificate for! I need more accessories for my outing!
    Last edited by AKADonna; 02-13-2014 at 05:51 PM.

That is awesome. Hope you have fun.

Sounds awesome-You Go Girl !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    so exciting!! I would love to make that event...but scheduling didnt work out...i would like to make it down there for that event in the future be sure to tell us how it is and take pictures

That sounds like you will a great time and I know you will go back to the same SA

Enjoy yourself

hugs

Linda Leigh
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

What a great shopping trip!! Have fun on your weekend!!!

Gone to live my life
    Nothing is better than a reason to shop but getting the great service and reception you did makes it that much nicer. I hope you have a great time.

Hugs

Isha

The bottom line is that women are always busy, no matter what kind of "woman" they are.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    That is too cool, Donna! Hope you have a great time and lots of stories for us!

Sounds like a whole lot more work than I'd be willing. Any chance you might get paid? Kaching!

I know where I would shop in future.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Let's see. That's one big suitcase for Donna and a backpack for boy you.

Um, that's a "Cadillac" problem.
    Have fun!

You guys in the States are so lucky!

sounds so fun...so jealous. have fun dear.

Thanks for the kind words! You know, I've been thinking about the SA from Lane Bryant and how well she treated me without so much as a strange look or hesitation. I'm thinking of buying a little heart shaped box of candy and taking it in to her today, wishing her Happy Valentines Day and thanking her for caring about me (and other crossdressers!). She REALLY made my day!

Isn't it strange how one person's kindness can overcome all fears and trepidation and really make you feel accepted for what you are? I didn't even catch her name, but I love her!

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    You should absolutely do that, Donna! I'm sure she'd appreciate it! And don't forget to get her name this time!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Valentines day!!

I love to shop at LB!

I love even more the idea to reward a hard working retail assistant!

Once you know her name also let her boss and/or corporate know too.

Now THAT is validation.

Almost lost in this thread is your trip to Tri-Ess. I hope you have a marvelous time there, meet lots of great girls, learn a few things, and come back refreshed and renewed.

We're expecting a trip report.

Best wishes
    MsVal

What a terrible thing to have to wear four different outfits in such a short time - NOT! Even when I am home alone I find that I am reluctant to wear the same outfit two days in a row. This, of course, does not happen when I am presenting as a man!
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    That's one SA who knows the color of money is the same whether it's from a cross dresser or a GG. I've always found if one acts respectful and with the proper decorum most SA are helpful. I wouldn't mind packing for an outing like that.

When I delivered a little Valentines candy today, we had a really nice discussion. She seemed a little offended when I made the suggestion that "it really doesn't matter who buys it, the commissions are the same. She let me know that the SA'a at LB are not paid on commission, that she just really enjoys working with her regular customers and she makes a point of trying to memorize their names and faces. In my case, the "special" thing about me was my bra size from the fitting. However she does it, Karen is an absolute professional! (I think that she enjoys giving bra and female dressing advice to crossdressers like me! It seems that she has areal knack for suggesting the proper items to highlight the better areas and to minimize the negative areas of a person's dress. What a pro!

She was totally shocked that I thought enough of her to bring her the box of candy!

Sounds like a great day, and a wonderful trip! And that was so sweet of you to go back and bring her a gift!

What a fun "problem" to have!

I've never done so many en femme things in one weekend. My usual problem is being en femme, having to do something in boy mode, and then be en femme again. Everything is switchable except for nail polish, so I tend to opt for clear polish for such times.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

OMG I have to dressfor4 events: This sounds like an adventure that you will enjoy even if
    it is for work. Please be sure to fill us girls in on how the 4 times went.