Thread: Did you ever discover an old friend or co-worker in the forums?

Did you ever discover an old friend or co-worker in the forums?

I have not, but it would not surprise me if I did. However, how would you react if you discovered someone you knew posted a picture in the forums and you recognized them immediately including the background in the picture?

Would you hint to this person that you saw them, or would you hide and hope they do not discover your pictures ?

No question. I'd welcome them with open arms because I'd be out to them too. Of course I'd just call on the phone or do it in pm. Well really depends on how close a friend they were but yeah that'd actually be cool to me.
    Barbie

never found an old friend here...but looked for a old friend here that had become transexual..and reached out to them on facebook

Silver Member
    No - I don't have any old friends.

Never have,and I guess I 'd welcome them if I did.

I believe I've identified one such person by his assorted posts, about a year ago. But I did not think he was 'out' at the time, and neither am I, so I made no comment. But if you're enough of a detective, you can put the pieces all together with enough of them. So be careful what you post, especially in regards to location, work, number and type of family members, and hobbies. It all adds up, and this section of the forum is open to the public.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I would not burst their bubble just keep the secret to yourself unless an occasion arises where you can discuss it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would do neither and totally leave any recognition or revealing up to them.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yes, I have seen a childhood friend here but really don't know how to bring up the subject. Its been years since I've seen her. Unlike me when we were children she wasn't very secretive about her feminine side and I'm quite sure she'd be shocked beyond belief if she found out I was TS and also CDed.

It's funny, but when my wife and I first began going out and attended a Tri-Ess meeting she was concerned about that. She asked, "what if we see someone we know?".
    I said, "yeah, they might run to all our friends and say, Guess who I saw at my crossdressers meeting last night".

I would love to meet a friend who was a sister, but it's more likely I'll meet a sister who will be a friend.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Well said Cheryl
    Barbie

I've never found anyone I know on here. If I did or someone found me I would hope to share our lifestyle with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Not on the forum, but I did run into a former co-worker at a restruant once. I was in drab, she came up to me and asked if I knew who she really was. I did, had a nice talk and became friends.

Is that you?

The old friend would probably here from me right away, and I'd be happy to share stories with them.
    The co-worker, now that would depend on how we get along. If we get along OK, I think I could share my story with them, and possibly that would create a new friend. If we don't get along at work, I doubt Cd'ing is the connection that would bring us together as friends. I would probably hide from them and hope they wouldn't recognize me.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I wish I would! I would have someone in my "real life" that I would feel comfortable talking to about this with then

Nope never have

Not in here, but once I had a coworker flirt with me on a dating site I found it really bizarre because he kind of hates me when I am a male

Banned Read only
    No, I executed all my old friends and acquaintances. Leave no evidence behind!

Hi,

Yes Old friends.co .nz its our way of keeping contact with those we went to school with in 1952 on and yes they know me from then and when we met 3 and 2 years ago for our class reuion 7 from my class yes was neat to catch up with them and some lived in our street so we played together and knew thier familys as well.

and iv had friends from then ring me as well. being well known does open lots of doors,

...noeleena...

Never have, but if I did, I guess I would delete my picture and see what the new girl was like. Then later I might get comfortable enough to approach her, or not.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I have thought about that alot but, I've yet to come accross anyone who I know or have known. I think that I'd welcome it. I would chat with them and take the time to really get to know this side of them and after awhile I would broach the subject in a round about way. I would think that they would feel the same way as I do. More than a past to have in common and a new sister to have a real life friendship with.