Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to Janets Closet

You're welcome.
    I anticipate the after action report.

it will probably be Thursday before I can go now. I am very let down. I have been excited for two days. I guess I will practice make up tomorrow night.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

I have also had two transformations at Janet's, Bunny is great. Tell bunny Jackie F said hi.
    I am planning a third transformation and I hear she has some new dresses so I will be shopping as well!

Have a wonderful time, once you get there!!

Thank you, Lisa. I will tell Bunny hello, Jackie.

I've been to Janet's Closet before when I drove through the Detroit area on the way to my parents. I bought a fabulous pair of red pumps there!

Going to Janet's can be a hit or miss sometimes so I just thought I would throw that out there for you. Not to discourage you but to warn you if you catch her in a foul mood that day as I did My first trip there she can be a hand full and insulting.

Hands down I think Tina is the best CSR/SA she ever had but I heard through the vine that she is no longer working there and that's a real shame. She made me feel very comfortable when I went there fully dressed my second trip which was nothing but a very positive experience.

I am also looking to buy my first set of forms, I have a general idea of what I am looking for but for something like this, it's surely best to go in and have them help you figure it out for sure. I am sorry your plans fell through but hopefully thursday will be worth the wait
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Thank you, Joanne. I hope I have a great experience. I will have a great experience. I will not let anyone over there ruin it for me. I may just be helping myself but help would be great in this circumstance. I def need help with the forms. My most important goal for this trip is forms!

I would like to go there as well, it would be about 500 mile drive. I hope this summer.
    Let us know how it went. Have fun, sounds exciting.

New Girl On The Block NikkiBeth's Avatar
    With the family away next week, I am trying to fit a visit into my schedule as it has changed, I originally planned for a makeover, photo shoot and have Nikki around full time, not going to happen . I might go down and buy a new wig and shoes to cheer myself up .

If you can get in before they close they will not rush you out if you are actively purchasing. I would suggest letting them help you with a forms or wig purchase. Schedule a make over and photo session if you want to play with your look perhaps.

Wig & shoes always make us feel better, Nikki. Have fun. Bridget, I plan on going so I can be there between 11-12. I do not want to be rushed to say the least.

Ditto to the other comments. Went there twice before I managed to get truly out and about. Felt like a breath of fresh air. Second time, met up with a friend from this site and we both bought a bunch of stuff.... Great place to try on and see which forms feel the best....

Renne......

Have fun Kristyn! I've been there a few times. The GG girls there do a great makeover too. They're good. Bought clothes and breastforms there. The clothes they sell are specifically designed for the M2F trans girl. But OMG be prepared. You're gonna drop alotta coin. Expensive! But Janet's really nice. Her's are silicone implants. She's hot.

Kristen,

Good luck on the $400 budget! My first trip there I was just looking for a wig and breast forms...$500 later I left with about 4-5 wigs, breast forms, pocket bra, makeup, and a strong desire to go back for more. Second time was just after Halloween(they have extended hours in October), I made the 4 hour drive, checked into a hotel, got changed, and decided to wait till after dark to go, only to discover at 5:45 (when I checked the website just before I walked out the hotel door) that they had resumed regular hours. Third time, restricted myself to several more wigs and a pair of thigh high boots...for a mere $300+. Last time I was there it was time to replace my forms and add to my wig collection...I think I made it out of there for around $450.

I am heading up to that area next weekend, and hoping to stop by, but cash is tight, and there is nothing that I really need(other than to go shopping as Miranda), so time will tell if I make it.

Hope that you can get there before they close, but plan on at least an hour or more! It really is a great place to go! And did I mention that they have wigs?

Miranda

a bit nutty
    After reading everyone's replies... huh... Am I the only one who had a less than satisfying experience there? I felt like a wannabe. Staff was helpful, but Janet was not very friendly. Guess I got her on a bad day.

Awesome replies, ladies. I appreciate it very much. Now, I am scared of my $ 400 budget but I really need too stick close. Cannot wait til Thursday. Leaving at 8 a.m. and have a little over a 2 hour drive.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kristyn, That is a trip that I would really love to take someday.
    Keep us advised.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLeigh View Post
    After reading everyone's replies... huh... Am I the only one who had a less than satisfying experience there? I felt like a wannabe. Staff was helpful, but Janet was not very friendly. Guess I got her on a bad day.
    No, my very first time there was a complete nightmare. The GG SA was great but Janet her self was a total ______ . She was arguing with someone on the phone about something they had bought online and I guess she didn't shake it off before coming out to see what I was talking to the SA about. Regardless, I left the store without the heels I wanted and my first solo shopping trip for myself was in total ruins.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Kristyn, it sounds like you're working close to my area. I'm in Kalamazoo and still haven't made the trip to Janet's. Thursday morning won't work for me, but hope you have a good experience and don't spend too much.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Haven't been to Janet's in years when it was behind the engine repair shop that she owned. And Janet was to nice then. She came out and wanted to know if I was buying something for my husband and what size was he. I just figured she was that because of the repair shop. I go by there all time I might stop in again and see what they have now that it's a bigger store.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    No, my very first time there was a complete nightmare. The GG SA was great but Janet her self was a total ______ . She was arguing with someone on the phone about something they had bought online and I guess she didn't shake it off before coming out to see what I was talking to the SA about. Regardless, I left the store without the heels I wanted and my first solo shopping trip for myself was in total ruins.
    I have to agree. The first time I stopped in was not the best experience. It was back in the day when her store was small and in the back of the engine shop. Back then I was hoping to buy forms and several pairs of shoes, wound up buying one pair of shoes and leaving without even looking at forms or anything else.

Did not go back for several years. When I finally did go back a young lady named Tina helped me and I had a very different experience. I felt at total ease and purchased 2 pairs of shoes, a pair of boots and forms! Then ordered 3 more pairs of shoes that were not in stock in my size. I really wish Tina still worked there!! She was just sooooo sweet. I have not met this new girl who works there

Lets us know how your trip goes. I have been thinking about going back and looking for a new pair of boots.

I can't say I've talked to Janet when I've been there...
    The first time she looked to be busy with something on the engine-side of the business..
    She wasn't the happiest looking then but dunno.
    This last time she looked busy but happier... Aside from some cat-chasing that went on
    I think she just seems to leave the interaction and store running to the SA's more...working in office/engine side.
    Unless it's too busy maybe. (Max of 2 customers when I was there.)
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I will let everyone know through story and pictures, I promise. I will not be able to keep it in. I love hearing about the experiences each one of you have had. I now know to not seek Janet out but to just deal with whomever is there working. No problem. I just want to SHOP!

Hmmm, I may need to run in there soon. I used a little black leatherette top and skirt number of theirs at a recent session, along with some black alligator heels I just loved. I guess I better stop after work and grab them before someone else does.
    If you want company I might be able to meet you. My office is only half an hour away.
    Regardless, have a great time and tell Bunni I said hi!