Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformation studios

Transformation studios

As I look back on my past, I feel fortunate to have been able to go to some really cool places to get M2F transformations. The first place was Laine Alexander's near Phila back in the early 90s. Later I got to go to Take a Walk on the Wildside in Toronto a couple times, then Carla's boutique near SF. Jamie Austin at Glamour Boutique I visited couple times. Most recently, I had the good fortune to visit True Colors by Amanda Richards. Bottom line is that I always had fun and it's such a special treat for the girl inside. Does anyone have any experiences with a favorite place(s)?

Hugs,
    Sarah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

unfortunately that is so far just a fantasy for me. I remember reading about a tranny training school when i was a kid, I used to read it again and again. well nothing like that here in these parts.

its on my bucket list, some here could prolly start one up on their own with some success,
    seen some talented photos.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

My first makeover was done at Studio Lights in Denver. I would recomend any one who ever gets close to Denver to go there, they were wonderfull.

I'm a huge Amanda Richards fan. I've had three photoshoots done at True Colors, as well as a makeup lesson, and a makeover for a drag show I performed in. If I was independently wealthy, I'd visit every few months, since I only live about 30 minutes away. Unfortunately, I haven't had transformations done anywhere else, so I can't compare...

I had one just recently at Janets Closet in the Detroit area, and I loved it! First time for me, so I cannot comment on other places. I brought mostly my own clothes because most of what they have is a lttle on the "clubbing" side for me, but having someone really good to do the makeup was so much fun. Bunni even made this old girl look good, LOL!
    I HIGHLY recommend the process.
    Hugs

This in an experience that I have not yet been able to do. I am familiar with all the places mentioned and have seen the wonderful results of their work.

I would also recommend Rori's Transformations in Arlington Heights, IL and Vanity's Transformations in Houston, TX. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few ladies after they had their make overs from these places and all looked gorgeous.

Ok, on my list for the next time I am in Chi-town!

let's see.

Amanda Richards is my favorite. She does a great job and has specialized her craft for guys. She includes face taping, eye brow covering and false eye lashes. She has a supply of wigs to complete the look, and she'll take a couple of hundred pictures in your clothes or hers. She has the best deal on a complete package. My profile pic is by Amanda.

I've been to Vanities in Houston. Great makeover, but only a few pics.

I've also seen Amy from Las Vegas at Keystone. Makeup only, but they have a separate photohrapher.

At Keystone 2013, I have an appointment with Amy on Friday and Amanda on Saturday, and phot appointments with Cass after both makeovers, and after I put on my ball gown Saturday night.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 02-15-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have had several makeovers by Phoebe Cross in Atlanta and I continue to return there every month or two. Since I'm basically an underdresser and seldom get the opportunity to dress fully, I enjoy having Phoebe completely transform me in all aspects. From makeup application to nails, wigs, lingerie, and a vast variety of dresses, skirts, tops, jewelry, accessories, etc, I get to try out 3 new looks on each 3 hour makeover session. As an added bonus, Phoebe photographs me in various poses and outfits on my camera! She really understands the client base that she deals with and its been really helpful to me to be able to talk "woman to woman"! Her URL is www.PhoebeCross.com Her services are fairly priced so that anybody and afford them and its quite a thrill!

I have an appointment with Vanity in Houston next month, my spring break treat! I've shopped at her boutique before, matter of fact, she is the one who really open my mind to the possibility that Cassie can and does exist. I am looking forward to the afternoon with her.

What a dream that would be!

Can anyone recommend a studio in the Southest?
    *StacyP*

Phoebe Cross has her studio on a mini farm just South of the Atlanta airport. It's an easy drive from many places in Tenn, South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama (I'm from Birmignham). It is worth the drive!!!

Phoebe Cross recommendation

I'm one of "Phoebe's Girls" too and I can vouch for the experience. One of the most interesting things about her place is that she has almost a separate house/barn with tons and tons of dresses, wigs, shoes, etc., of all sizes and types, and if you get an overnight package you can explore and try on to your heart's desire. I get worked up just thinking about it and planning a return trip.

Donna Jean

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    My first and only experience is with Scarlett in Thompson, CT. She is a wonderful young GG who puts you completely at ease. She is also very economical.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Another one of "Phoebe's Girls" here! I experienced my first transformation in her suburban Atlanta studio in November of last year. Not only does she have a vast selection of clothes, wigs and accessories to choose from, she truly cares about each client that visits. I got the feeling while I was there that it was about so much more than the money for her. Her gentle southern charm immediately put me at ease and she took a genuine interest in what I wanted to get out of the experience before she started her magic. And magic it was. It was the first time I could look in the mirror and actually see Pam instead of "the guy in the dress". I'll never forget that feeling.

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    Another big Amanda Richards fan here (but some of you knew that already). Like Jamie, I'd go every couple of months if I could afford it and get there easier!

Silver Member
    I have been to several in Pa./NY none of the ones you have mentioned, and only one was any good and she retired years ago Katie Wannabee. All the others just charged me a lot and came up short on service. I then found out that i could get better at regular salons for much less. Of course if you don't have any clothes or wigs... that isn't an option.

I'm another true colors girl. Amanda is simply the best. In the past I was a client of cd tips. But Lynda's pricing got too expensive for my tastes. Also have visited lady Ellen of la femme finishing school in New Jersey. Was happy with the transformation I got there. Would love to have a Jamie Austin makeover someday
    You Don't Have To Be Female To Enjoy Being A Woman

Do they have a service like this that anyone has used in SoCal?

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i went to Wildside in Toronto once to look over their stuff and inquire about a makeover. I was treated so rudely i shall never be going back that is for certain. It turned out they had a "special" client coming on so they shoeed a number of people out (myself included) . We were all apalled at the treatment.

^probably a famouse person or politician. Still, they should have been nice about it.

First time was this Dec. my gift to me. Almost by luck, I came upon PHOEBE CROSS'S site and I told myself this should be my time out of my house. She was so nice and we had fun. I enjoy my fem time so much more since she helped me. Just writing this makes me want to go back and be more adventurous!

I have had 3 makeovers by Amy at Just You in Las Vegas, two at Hana Designs in Denver, and one at a Merle Norman Studio in Boulder that went out of business. I wish I could remember the owner's name and track her down when I am in Colorado for a visit.

Had a great experience with Amanda from True Colors at the Keystone Conference last year, gave me the confidence to get out there. Went to Amy in Las Vegas once and had fun and one bad makeover in Provencetown, MA that I can't remember the name of,
    Last edited by lowxr; 03-07-2014 at 10:28 AM.