Thread: Driving with ladies sunglasses

Driving with ladies sunglasses

I was wondering how many of you ladies like to drive around town with
    fashionable ladies sunglasses. When I have a good hair day, I really enjoy
    wearing them while driving, and unless someone really looks hard I don't
    think they can read me since I have fairly long hair styled in a Bob.

I used to, but now that I wear glasses and am not willing to buy prescription sunglasses (in either form) I rarely wear them.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Yeah, I got a pair of very fashionable Coach sunglasses

Yes Trysha - I can't say I've ever done it being en femme or even with a wig, but temptation has got the better of me once, and I have pair of 'cats eye' shades (that I decided I don't really like as they don't suit me) and a pair of large, oversize, knock-off D&G ones, which I do like and which cover a multitude of sins...

Sadly, sunglasses haven't been worn here since last September by anyone in the UK - it's more a fashionable line of goggles and snorkels that are needed...

I expect you have sun where you are..?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I did for a long time but sat on mine a few months ago LOL.
    I was bummed out over it because I loved them.
    Still haven't found any I have liked enough to buy.

Since I have been dressing (last 7+ years) I have bought the cheaper sunglasses, normally always on sale, from brand name women's clothing stores for much less than $20.00, many less than $10.00. I had one pair that was definitely and obviously feminine and only used that when dressed en femme. Now I have a few pairs that are all almost gender neutral, but do give off feminine hints. My prescription glasses are male Maui Jim's (not cheap at all!) and I will primarily use them for golf. I can now see how women can get hooked on them because they come in so many different styles that you have to have more than one and in more than one color depending on what you are wearing.

I have found some nice ones at TJ Max, that are knock offs ,and I usually buy the slightly oversize models.
    I actually find wearing them as much as I can helps me to increase my confidence with dressing in public, although
    I know doing it while driving is not the same as walking around while wearing them. I suppose anything to help
    with self confidence is good.

Actually, I just bought my first pair last week and really like them a lot! I've even been wearing them when in drab mode including this morning when I was out shoveling our latest snow!

In the summer and snow, sunglasses cover up a lot of sins.
    Something I can hide behind.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Bought a cheap pair at Walmart about a year ago. Cheap, but they look nice & I like them. I do wear them when driving, or any other time I can get away without being noticed.

Meg

Trysha, I don't think that the sun glasses sold at TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Kohl's and other similar well known stores are really knock offs. They may be cheaper versions of the more expensive ones that look similar and still branded by the original well known company. Just like the products sold at the official Coach outlet stores. I asked some sale agents in those stores if their purses in that outlet store were the same as in their regular stores. They told me that most were not and were specially made to be sold at the lower prices, i.e. lower quality. I do not think that these stores want to risk negatively impacting their reputation by selling fake products, especially when they all advertise designer and brand name products at very low prices.

Now, another thing I have found is that a lot of well known clothing brands have branched out to sell a lot of other accessories. I bought a nice looking, for my face, pair of sun glasses at a very well known (I can't remember its name) clothing store. The only quality thing about those $15.00 on sale glasses was the look. The rest was very poorly made and they eventually broke. For my part time en femme needs they worked very well. So, unless the sun glasses are retailed at well over $50.00, they probably are not that good to start with from quality of lenses to frame.

I wear them pretty much any time I'm driving or walking around en femme on bright days (with contacts). Definitely go with the cheap ones though.

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar

Sunglasses

Femme glasses and femme sunglasses are high on my list. I have nearly perfect distant vision and don't need prescription sun glasses to drive.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

On sunny days I wear perscription sunglasses, but I never drive.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I bought a cheap pair at the supermarket last summer and I wear them over my perscription glasses in drab while driving. They have been very useful with all the snow and sun we have been having in KC. If I wear them when dressed I don't have to worry about eye makeup, as I has been said, covers a lot of sins!! Hugs Bria

If I forget my sunglasses, my wife will usually give me an old pair of hers as I'm driving.

I have never openly thought about this. Good idea. I think I will go buy a pair of femme sunglasses. Thanks for the tip.

Yes. My wife has a very formidable collection she shares with me. Be careful though if you're not out. It's very easy to forget you're wearing the Hello Kitty's and step outside the vehicle to pump gas or whatever. I once made it halfway through a CVS pharmacy wearing the precious eyewear before I caught myself.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I don't have any sunglasses at the moment, but I do take my red
    women's reading glasses with me when I go out shopping...and use them
    a lot. I never notice if anyone notices. I don't think I'd care by now, though.

(Gotta get some sunglasses!)

I would not only drive around in them. I'll probably also walk around iin them. Sunglasses save a lot of makeup, and probably would prevent others from recognizing you.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Trysha,

I will wear sunglasses when I am wearing contacts and yes I own a more feminine style for those occasions as I find it completes the presentation on those sunny days.

Hugs

Isha

I need to get me some sunglasses

Have to put that on my shopping list

I have three pairs of glasses, one everyday frame that I wear while in drab with darkening lenses so I don't really need sunglases. The other two are feminine frames, one is wire with clear lenses, the other is plastic with sunglass lenses. I keep my sunglases in my purse so there's no opportunity to wear them except when I'm en femme.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land