Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reality Check . . . Kind of.

Yes Isha, I can certainly relate to blending in. I have never considered myself as passable in the sense that I was fooling anybody, however if I keep my mouth shut so my baritone voice isn't heard, I look much like all the other women.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Platinum Member
    I totally agree with your friend.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I've been dressed now for the past 8 hours or so and have been taking photos, having fun, only a quick look in the mirror between wardrobe changes. No WTF am I thinkin' ?'s running through my little pea brain, yet!
    Maybe too much wine?..... No.... that could never happen. This is so much fun, it really should be illegal.
    Thank god, or anyone else involved, it isn't!
    Don't be afraid to punch the mirror!!!
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Read only
    Hi Isha,
    When I first came to this forum I thought a GG had actually greeted me, you have such a natural look and smile I can't see you have a problem, don't change a thing just keep enjoying it. ( Don't mention the stretch marks !)

Hi Isha! I see my guy face every time I look at Tiffany in the mirror but have found I don't mind too much. I am finally accepting myself and have a lovely wife and family who have been there for me. By the way, I think you look very pretty in your avatar and have grown very fond of reading your posts.

Ooooh, I know that feeling exactly, and let me tell you, it only gets worse with age...LOL. as much as the mirror can love us it can hate us too. I have learned every trick I can to fix every little problem I can, and I can now, with a lot of work, face my own face. But, I will never ever even approach donning a wig now before I have spent a long time preparing the canvas...tee hee...the alternative would likely give me a heart attack.
    I would never, at least as I feel now, even think about going out dressed into the real world. At six three my height alone would draw way too much unwanted attention and scrutiny let alone my tired old face. But, ironically, right after sharing that same thought with my SO, we were at the local mall (me in guy mode) and we encountered not one but two different GG's each attractive and each of identical height to me, without heels! I was floored. I wondered if there was a women's basketball team in the mall. LOL.
    But I do look forward to the day, soon I hope (now that I have allowed my SO to know about Sammie) to joining in some kind of event where I can dress among others like us. And I look forward, almost giddily, to one day having the courage to attend a big event for a multi day outing that seems to me like some kind of heaven.
    Day by day.
    Hugs

PS if I looked half way as good as you, Isha, I would be giddy with happiness, sweetheart!
    Last edited by samantha rogers; 02-16-2014 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Added comment

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    I really wish that I could be out and about more and not wait for stolen moments. You have absolutely the right attitude, a wonderful personality and a very happy presentation. A happy person is welcome many places just because happiness is infectious. I love the joy that you bring to us.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

I feel the same way every other time that I look in the mirror....on those alternate times I feel like one hott girl. No matter what though I'm happy being me and don't care anymore if anyone knows im a guy. I talk to everyone that i come in contact with, dont care if it gives me away or if they already know. I've never had a negative reaction. Everyone has always been friendly

At 62 looking into the mirror, it is what it is after putting on make up I know I will not pass but that is ok. Do we dress to please others or for ourselves or both. I dont have the face or figure many of you girls have but I still enjoy dressing for me the feeling is wonderful If you want to go out in public than accept what you receive.

Silver Member
    From the look of your avatar, I would say you pass ten times better than I do. Bottom line is, I don't even try to. When I want to go out enfemme, I just put on a dress and go. I make every effort to put together a believably tasteful outfit, but no boobs, makeup or wig. I am totally a large, bald man in a dress and the very worst reaction I have received is that someone takes a quick look and avoids me. No actual negative comments. The women who do comment are VERY supportive and the sales assistants I deal with are amazing! I am trying, as tastefully as possible, to claim the right to publicly express my femininity and I'm finding it's going well. And OMG, I feel amazing every time I do.

Isha,

I get the blending/passing thing completely. After years of work, lots of trickery and illusion, a great transformation artist, and finally getting a usable female voice, I've had brushes with passing ..I think..but I no longer care if I do or not! For me, it's fun to try, but the fun is in the challenge, not the result.
    As for seeing the guy in the mirror..I absolutely do, no matter how much positive feedback I get. This CD thing has messed with my head for 40 years, and though I do enjoy the challenge of trying to pull off the illusion, it is what it is, and that's fine.

We all have to manage this part of us on our own terms. I think you have a very healthy attitude about it, and you look great!

Best, Julie

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Yes, I do understand that I make a homely woman. Therefore my only recourse is to offset that fact by sheer force of personality and a huge smile!

Isha
    First of all you look great. Your look has improved since this began. We do pick ourselves apart as we become more feminine. It used to drive me crazy about my wife but now I am the same way. However I now try to concentrate on that beautiful feeling I have inside and not the image in the mirror. I try to blend also but I think my smile and poise to along way. Thanks so much for the beautiful person that you are on the inside!
    Suzanne

Aspiring Member
    Isha,

I really think that you look great! You always look so happy in your avatar.

I do a reality check from time to time.

Dressed as a woman I look 180 degrees different than my male self. I also look 20 years younger.

However, I do have a pretty, non wrinkled face which gives me the youthful look. With the right makeup I actually look pretty.

However with my walk, stance, and demeanor I really can't fool anybody. That is why I am working on all of that now.

I do have a voice that sounds like a woman ( that's a great asset in itself) and working towards developing a woman's voice will eventually produce perfection.

Being 200 lbs doesn't help either. If I could get my weight down to what it should be (between 146 - 150 lbs) I would look a lot better, wear sexier looking clothes and would be able to cross my legs properly. I would really love to be able to cross my legs again and wear those sexy looking skirts and dresses. This would help for health reasons as well.

Practicing with my walk and developing feminine traits will all pay off one day. Practcie! practice! And more practice!

So I do look at myself and see what progress I have made and what corrections I need to do further.