Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planning my first time out...

Planning my first time out...

Hi...

I am planning my first time out as Leah next weekend and to be honest I am extremely excited but also mortified. So fearful that I will back out at the last minute.

I will be away on business and have set up the opportunity to attend a local support group's outing on Saturday night.

Looking for all tips, ideas, cautions, that you girls can throw my way.

TY,

Leah

As I was going to suggest having a companion (my first times out were with my ex-wife) I think you'll be set. Perhaps you can contact the support group to see if one or two of the girls would come by for you?

Don't dream it. Be it.

Hi! I'm going out on my first excursion as Len next week as well!

Just keep telling yourself that you can do this! Sorry, I can't give you much advice but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and I'll definitely be rooting for you!

Great idea Audrey...thanks so much...and congrats to you Len...will be with you in spirit! Leah

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    you are going to have a blast! Dont worry too much, I am sure you have read all the success stories on here, just use common sense....Be sure to tell us how it went too

Leah,
    It is an important step in your life, like other rites of passage you should do it.
    It is always nice to say I have done that.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Dress for where you are going. Have fun. Stay confident. In a group, you are read, so get over passing...but most of all, relax and enjoy it.

I'm about to go to a support group weekend in a couple of weeks, too! My main concerns are having enough wardrobe choices for the 4 different events over the weekend, and, of course, my makeup! I am a real rookie at this and plan on spending the whole day at the hotel before the weekend begins perfecting my looks. I figure if it doesn't look good, I'll just wash it all off and start over - until I get it right!

For us to go out, it takes balls

Smile
    look people in the eye as normal
    Smile like your having fun
    Say Hi

People will either think your enjoying yourself,
    on drugs
    or crazy
    or
    all of the above
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Hi I did my first time out in December to a support group. It ended up to be much easier than I would have ever envisioned. Everyone was great.

I also did my first trip out to a mall two weeks ago. Likewise, this was also easier than I would have thought and really enjoyed it. Planning to go out again this week.

Thanks for the messages of support girls...seems as if crossing the threshold is the hardest part.

A confident and relaxed approach appears to work best...let's hope it works!

Leah

Banned Read only
    There is really nothing to fear. Take solace in the fact that people will know you are a cross dresser and they don't care.

Leah relax you look great act like you belong there everything will work out fine. Just have fun.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

If you plan well, you will do well. The planning is the hard part. The execution is the fun part. Have a good time Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hug. That's awesome. Have fun!

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

So proud of you for taking this big step. You've already received some great answers in this thread. All I can add is that you'ready, you're beautiful, and you're loved. Good luck, darlin'. Sending you a great big hug!

Keep your head held high, and be proud of yourself. You look great and you know it--that's all that matters

Girls...

I can feel a cloud of support growing around me...it is so awesome.

Thank you so so much.

Leah

Don't forget the obligatory trip report upon your return.
    Just kidding, but it would be very nice if you did.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Gone to live my life
    Hi Leah,

As many have said, you need to own the moment the minute you leave the hotel room. You are doing nothing wrong, illegal or immoral . . . you are just being you. For the most people won't care and if you do get an odd look it is likely curiosity as not many people will have seen a CDer before. I always like to think that when people read me . . . well I have given them dinner table conversation that night. Most of all have fun and enjoy and you will find the jitters go away.

Hugs

Isha

Just the planning for this weekend event (mine's still 2.5 weeks away!) is incredible. All of the little things that you have to think of to pull off the femme switchover. From the nails, to all of the makeup components, to shoes, hosiery, accessories, purse, jewelry, fem glasses, etc. Then I still have to practice my walking in heels, sitting down while flushing my dress or skirt under me, keeping my hands away from my made up face, etc, etc, etc. I'm just glad that everybody at the support group will have been where I am at some point or another, so I am sure that they will be helpful and not too critical.

Presenting as a female is a lot of work!!!

Crossdresser
    I have gone out in skirt, heels, and wig but no makeup. I know people who look straight at me know, but not one person said a word.
    People are too busy to care.

Leah you look gorgeous, be proud and have fun.
    Becky

Girls...

Not sure what I would do without you all...such an inspiration and motivation.

And yes, a report will be pleasure to write...giggles.

Leah

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Hold you head up shoulders back and be proud of who you are.Not many guys would have the guts to do it keep that in mind.
    Be yourself and have fun its as easy as that.
    Dress to blend or what is proper for the occasion.
    Dress like a hooker and most people will think thats what you are and we know you are not.