Thread: It happened out of the blue

It happened out of the blue

Friday morning at 5am got a text from work that the safety inspector shut down the work place and to have a extra long weekend. Went back to bed and started doing the math on who was home that day and I knew my wife and one of the kids was working but knew that the other one had no classes or work on Fridays so take Maria out of my mind. At 8:30 they both went to work about an hour later my daughter came in my room and told me someone called in sick at her work and she asked me if I could drive her to work. I told her I wasn't planning on doing anything and she could take the car and half an hour later off she went. I was laying in bed trying to register what just happened,I couldn't believe I was home alone, I got out of bed to a car outside to see a airport limo picking up the neighbours and my other neighbour was on a business trip till Tuesday. Not only was the house empty but both neighbours weren't home, so still in disbelieve I started dressing and what a day it was, I change my make up and cloths three times and even though it was a little cold I went in the yard and had a coffee outside. I finally had a chance to wear a pair of boots I bought last year that still had the store tag on them. It was an amazing day and at about four I started to put everything away, even though it's always hard when it ends but I was content to have the day alone. I had made surprise reservations for Valentine dinner for my wife and while we were there she told me I looked refreshed and relaxed more then usual. I told her this was the first day in about twenty years that I actually had a full day to myself and the best part was I didn't plan it, it fell together on its own. It was an amazing day and long over due and the best part was I didn't plan it happened out of the blue. I usually post how it doesn't work out, so I thought I should post when for once it did work out and wanted to share it with my friends here, almost like a never say never theory. Never give up!

Awsome! I just love when these sort of things happen! one has not happened to me in some time now and i have been wanting to shop alone for some new panties and shoes!

Thank you for sharing your fortuitous day, Maria. Indeed, I've found the same sort of things happen to me; the best days end up unplanned, letting it flow.

Don't dream it. Be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    and while we were there she told me I looked refreshed and relaxed more then usual. I told her this was the first day in about twenty years that I actually had a full day to myself and the best part was I didn't plan it, it fell together on its own. It was an amazing day and long over due and the best part was I didn't plan it happened out of the blue.
    What did your wife say when you told her why you felt refreshed?
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Sometimes those best plan days are not planned at all! Glad to hear you had such a day!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    this was the first day in about twenty years that I actually had a full day to myself
    .....I'm all about this !!...Spoiling yourself, and paying attention to you every now & then is good for the soul. Good for you.

Way to take advantage of circumstances! It's so rare when I have a day all to myself, I'm jealous. Good for you

Banned Read only
    Hi Maria,
    I find days like that too good to be true, I spend half the morning dithering about dressing and just when you've decided what to wear and got to the bra and pants stage the door bell goes, quick cover up deal with the caller. Get back to stockings on, door bell goes again, uninvited friends drop in for coffee, hope they can't see bra straps, time passes knowing the wife will be back soon and your stuff is laid out on the bed, just get stuff put away when the wife arrives but you sit there fully underdressed thinking how the hell do I get this stuff off now.
    I find grabbing it while you can is far less stressful!

I love those days! Far and few in between but some how they seem better than the planned days.
    Very happy for you!!

I still get that flutter when I realize peoples plans and then come to know I'll be home alone. happy for you.

Happy for you Maria. I haven't had the chance to follow your posts to know your family situation but also wondered how your wife reacted when you told her why you were relaxed. If she knows how important it is to you will she not help arrange such a day for you once in a while. I know, it's not easy with children, but something worth striving for if she's at all accepting. Enjoy

The freedom to be yourself is absolute elation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

What a beautiful day, Maria!

Thank you so much for posting!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).