Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any crossplayers?

Any crossplayers?

Just wondering if anyone extends their crossdressing into crossplaying? I started off doing that, and then fell in love with looking cute in general
    Would love to make some friends

Sorry, too old, so must ask. What is "cross playing?"

People who love to go to conventions dressed in the costumes of their favorite anime and video game characters are called cosplayers (a combination of costume and play.) People who like to dress up as those characters who are of the opposite gender are called crossplayers.

Not that I would know anything about any of this. Nope, that was a DIFFERENT Storm from the X-men at Otakon! ;-)

I have been to a few Fantasy Fairs dressed as either a Good Queen or an Evil Queen.. check my Flickr-stream.. ;-)

Would also love to crossplay.. but I wouldn't know where to go in Europe.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

I haven't, but that's a GREAT idea I may be one of the older girls at a con, but I don't care!

Don't dream it. Be it.

If I could crossplay, I would either go as Dorothy (wizard of oz) or Snow White. I have even seen a lovely pair of red Mary Jane heels that will work well with both outfits.

Actually , I can see Violet as a very convincing storm...

It's a nice idea - but video games and anime.... hmmm.... don't really do anime - so video games.... all very male orientated - Lara Croft is just too obvious... not many females in CoD or Far Cry.... got it!

I would be: Elaine Marley - the red-headed Governor of Monkey Island... ("I am rubber, you are glue...") What a spunky character she was...

They don't make 'em like that anymore.... <thank goodness...>

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I'd sure like to! That's a Great excuse to be as theatrical as one dares
    and wear stuff that's off the charts! heehee!!!

♥♥♥

Its cosplay not cross play

wikipedia tell us :Cosplay (コスプレ kosupure?), short for "costume play", is a performance art in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea. Cosplayers often interact to create a subculture centered on role play. A broader use of the term cosplay applies to any costumed role play in venues apart from the stage, regardless of the cultural context.

Favorite sources include manga, anime, comic books, video games, and films. Any entity from the real or virtual world that lends itself to dramatic interpretation may be taken up as a subject. Inanimate objects are given anthropomorphic forms and it is not unusual to see genders switched, with women playing male roles and vice versa. There is also a subset of cosplay culture centered on sex appeal, with cosplayers specifically choosing characters that are known for their attractiveness and/or revealing costumes.

The Internet has enabled many cosplayers to create social networks and websites centered on cosplay activities, while forums allow cosplayers to share stories, photographs, news, and general information. The rapid growth in the number of people cosplaying as a hobby since 1990 has made the phenomenon a significant aspect of popular culture. This is particularly the case in Asia, where cosplay influences Japanese street fashion."
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    There is a variant of cosplay they call crossplay. I've seen it mentioned for a few
    years now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossplay

It got my interest the first time I saw it. I could fit in with that!

Now if I was 21 again.

Oh! Beverley, get on with it!....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm sure I'll try it one day. Looks a lot of fun.

Heck, if I was 41 again! lol... But really, if I could come up with the right character, hmmmm. I suppose I could with either Joyce Summers (Buffy's mom, if you don't know) or just look ridiculous and go full on anime - 'cause it would be fun for Me.

Don't dream it. Be it.

I'd thought of doing this sometime... Problem is I don't think I could get away with much due to age. Hard to figure chars to match. Need either young age and good body for 'notable' chars it seems... Otherwise more recent anime chars are just schoolgirl outfitted...(which still needs younger looks).
    Was originally thinking of doing my maid at Youmacon.... But didn't. (Maybe Hayate Gotoku's maid form.... )

I'd love to do a Ulala from Space Channel 5 games if could work the outfit
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    no i haven't but if the opportunity presented itself i might. i started a now defunct thread on this before http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...le)&highlight=

My son says to me one day, "you're not the only one I know who likes to dress like a woman". "Oh yeah?" I ask. "Do you remember <childhood friends name>? He does cos play. But all his costumes are female".

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I went to anime north last year somewhat in a costume .....a resident evil Umbrella corp outfit. But I have never cross played. But I did see a haruhi suzumiya cross player^^

I'd like to crossplay as Sheva from Resident Evil.. even though her character was not well liked.. :P
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

This brings to mind a classic cross-player that anybody worth their salt in the anime world has heard of. Sailor Bubba.
    This man loves sailor moon but is by no means petite.......however he's a regular at most cons and there's pics of him all over the internet, and they've even made bobble head dolls of him. He enjoys it and is not afraid to show it at all. Just google Sailor Bubba.
    Barbie

I would love the opportunity to cross play as cat woman ! That would be fun !

Lexi get out of my head dear
    Seriously though, I don't know which I'd like more.......Classic Julie Newmar cat woman or Hot Michell Pfeiffer, or Super hot Halle Berry. All those looks have their own charm.
    Barbie

I went to DragonCon with a buddy of mine in GA. We went as Dethklok, equipped with guitars and portable Marshall belt amps. I personally didn't crossplay but did see many who did. It was really cute, and something I'd do if I were to go again.

I haven't yet, but it's on the "to-do" list. No idea which character I'd choose, however. And, since I have no cosplay skills, it would have to be a fairly simple costume. Trying to fit my body type would be hard. In male mode, I've considered cosplaying as Jet Black, from Cowboy Bebop, if that gives you any idea what I'm working with these days, lol.

Only male characters, which is pretty fun too. Kiryuuin Satsuki or Margeret Moonlight is something I would consider to do in the future (perhaps?).

I would play but I'm afraid I might break a bone or something.