Thread: My First Time out This Coming Saturday

My First Time out This Coming Saturday

Hello,

I am very excited but a bit nervous about this coming Saturday. About 4 months ago I met a very nice couple. They have become good friends. Well they want to take me out for dinner, dancing and drinks at a transgender friendly bar with me being dressed. They know that I have been wanting to go out dressed for awhile. She wants me to come over early so she can do my makeup and stuff. Another first for me. Well i am thinking of just wearing jeans and a nice top with heels for my first time so i do not stand out too much. She loves to dress very sexy when she goes out so i am sure that will help keep eyes off me. I am looking for any other advice you think would be very helpful plus what did you find that you did to make the first time out a success.
    I am sure pictures will be taken and i will be posting my first pics. Excited but nervous.

Thank You, Shelly

Advice: have fun, enjoy the moment !
    Candy

Relax. You have great support. Have fun and just go with it. I would dress conservatively at first if you feel comfortable doing so.... I started going out at age 19...in miniskirts and heels...now, I dress down a bit from time to time but at the clubs, I push it to the limit....

Good Luck Shelly,

It will be nerve racking first stepping in but once you have a drink and talk to your friends a bit you will feel right at home. I first went out as Ginger this time last year with my girlfriend...she sorta forced me into it but did me a load of good. I slowly started going out more and more and since meeting up with a trans/CD club last halo ween I have made so many friends, went to events and go out once or twice a week, usually to dinner at a bar or restaurant. I went out tonight actually. Got some new foundation at ULTA, crossing my fingers its better than the last foundation I got from there. Went by Wendys on the way home to get dinner, I caught the lady at the window by surprise for a minute, she was expecting to see a dude since I sound like one when I ordered....the little things like that you will learn to enjoy and laugh at in the future

Ginger

I agree completely with you Melissa. Just don't go out in hooker hills and a skimpy miniskirt your first time lol. The jeans and nice top sounds like a great first outting outfit...I have yet to own a pair of womens jeans....trying to force myself to get some hehe
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 02-19-2014 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Please use the edit button when there is no post since your last post.

Thank You you all for your comments. It makes me feel more at ease.

Shelly

I would be guided by your friend and also dress in a similar fashion to her.
    Jeans are alright but could be seen as wimping out if it is a more evening affair.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i want to hear about this night after ...keep us posted! Have fun...be safe...you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders already

That sounds like so much fun.. and it's great that you have a very supportive couple taking you out! Just dress in whatever you feel comfortable.. make sure you can wear those heels all night long (and just bring along some cute flats, just in case.. ).

Tell us all about it when you're back!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Hi Shelly. How exciting for you! I wish you a night of fun and fantasies come true. Be confident and know that you are a beautiful lady. HUgs

Shelly - that sounds fantastic!

What nice people to give you support in such a practical and generous way - you'll have a great time, I'm sure.

And yes, of course we'll all look forward to hearing about it and the pics!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Relax, follow her advice on an outfit and enjoy the night!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Shelly,

Have fun. If the place is close by, drop by Friday night after 8:00 to see what people are wearing. If you someone wearing something you like, wear something similar on Saturday night. Just relax and enjoy yourself. If it is a TG friendly place you will be fine. Many places don't really get hopping until after 9:30 or 10:00 PM.

Reality check. Let somebody else know where you are going to be and arrange to call them as soon as you get hope. Be safe.
    That said I hope you have the greatest fun, and can we see the pics, please?
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Don't blend into the wall paper. She is going out looking hot, you should at least try and match her. Camouflage is for hunting not clubs. Make this a night to remember
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If you don't have one already, bring a purse! You probably already know that women's clothing doesn't lend itself too well to keeping things in pockets. Be sure to bring some touch up makeup!

Remember, you're going to get looks - even the best of us get looks, but that's only because people look at other people. If no one is in your face and studying your bone structure, you'll be find. Remember to enjoy it! Relax and remain confident and have fun! I've been out times before where the nervousness completely robbed me of the experience. Remember, you're doing this for you, no one else.

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    My only pieces of advise would be to enjoy yourself and have fun. Also, I'd urge caution. I'm not sure when your newly found (4 months is a short period of friendship) friends found out about Shelly, but is possible this invitation is due to any possible attractions or ideas or expectations on their end? And I'm not saying they are... as I don't know the couple... I'm just putting it out there for you to consider and be prepared for, so that you can be safe.

Don't drink too much, and go straight home from the club.

Shelly....sounds like you have found great friends, and they are going out of their way to let you be yourself. A truly wonderful thing that they are doing for you!

Don't blend in too much. Screw jeans, wear a cute dress!

Shelly
    Treasure your feelings as they come up during the night. You are going to have a series of first experiences and if you concentrate on them it will be great. The feel of the first step out of the car was one for me. When my heel hit the pavement I was so excited. Keep your head up and tell yourself that you have waited for this all of your life. And make sure you remember that you deserve this moment of happiness!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Shelly, it's been a week, don't keep us in suspense!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Enjoy your first time out. My first time out was an amazing experience. I would seriously wear a skirt or dress, maybe some hose or tights, and try to look pretty. I agree that you should avoid the hooker look, but you can still look hot and classy at the same time. Save jeans for a time where jeans are more appropriate, or if you start going out more regularly. Your first time should be memorable, and since you always wear pants or jeans as a guy, why not wear something that you would normally not wear? I would go with a knee length of slightly above the knee length skirt or dress.

This will be the first of many times out. I hope you have a wonderful time. I look forward to hearing about your adventures. Enjoy the ride and you will learn a lot about yourself.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    C'mon, Shelly. Do we have to beg u? How'd it go?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Dear Shelly,

Going out en femme is a bit like skydiving. Standing at the threshold of the door (of your house or the plane) is a bit scary, but after you cross that threshold, the experience is one of the most exciting and rewarding things you have ever done. So, enjoy the rush, and chalk it up as one more vibrant life experience. Good luck!

Best,
    Cate

be sure and get back to us with the rest of the story.
    We all want to know how it went
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee