Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else sometimes do this?

Dear Manwithabra, all the time...
    Becky

Don't want to rain on anybody's parade, however, think a moment. I'm going to stick my neck out a bit, and use the "we" pronoun. We look at well-groomed ladies, startlingly pretty teenagers, "Ooomph" career girls and we say " I wish". I wonder if "we" are in love with the image. How well do "We" identify with the poorer girl, maybe a bit overtweight, wandering around Walmart looking for a bargain.

I know I do it! Helen Mirren, on a good day? I WANT some of that! But Ol' Missy in the veg aisle in Walmart - wait a minute! She is a woman - but do I want her experience, her feelings, her life? Hell, no!

Are we in love with the dream?
    Last edited by Amanda M; 02-18-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Red wine spelling
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I went shopping with my wife yesterday, looking for clothes for her. As I browsed through the skirts and stockings, touching the fabrics as I went, I wanted to buy them for myself. Go into the changing room and try them on. Wear those clothes openly, and honestly, whenever I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi MWAB, When I see a lady that really looks fantastic I will make a mental note
    and that Evening I will go through my three closets and try to copy the look as best as I can.
    I find it really enjoyable to be able to copy a look.
    Wow, I do this all the time, in fact I'm wearing an outfit right now that I saw a nice looking lady wearing at Starbucks the other day. I'm not as curvy as her but other wise I think I have my own interpertation of what she was wearing and I feel great. I don't know if I feel like she does or not but it's fun to try. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I'm with you Amanda. I can't speak from a place of deep experience but I think that there's the fantasy and there's the reality. Amongst the few times that I've been out, I have had the experience of being "checked out" and even whistled at. Flattering as it is, imagine living a life like that, constantly being judged on a sex appeal basis. Not only do you have to have heightened safety concerns but how must it feel to be viewed as a sex object? Yes, we're all aware of the power an attractive woman can yield over men but when business gets serious, we also know that beautiful women aren't taken seriously. My close friend's ex was a very beautiful, petite, large-chested woman that I firmly believe had her head all screwed up by the way society viewed and treated her. I don't know, for me it's a mixed bag.
    Last edited by teri g; 02-18-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Pretty much all the time, I remember doing exactly this when I was really young, under 8. Wanting to be her is what we do, me anyway.

Christen x

Banned Read only
    I wanted/needed it so much I just became a girl. Funny, now when I see a guy I never want to be him or in his situation.

wow - so many really wonderful comments in this thread. I can relate to so many of them ....especially the idea that turns the question from one of jealousy, envy, and idealization of what it is to be a woman to one of empathy and respect.

kristal

Short answer is......Yep! I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    I like to turn this feeling inside out. When I see a woman wearing a skirt, or high heels, or heavy earrings, or anything else distinctly feminine, I can look at her and honestly say to myself, "I've done that and I know what she's feeling and experiencing right now, and isn't it a darned shame that most other guys will never understand it or share that connection with her." Rather than a sense of longing, it becomes a way to enhance my pride as a CD and feel more a member of the feminine sorority.

- Diane
    Take this again, Diane I could agree more.
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

All the time actually. Sometimes if I'm around someone I'll slip up and say "that dress is cute" or "I like her outfit" but then I have to quickly say something like "on her" or "for a woman... I mean". I then imagine myself wearing her clothes and almost always mentally alter it to suit me a bit better.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Yes, it adds a lot of fuel to the already hot fire that lights up my girl side. Amanda is also very correct at least with my wanna be female goals. In male mode though it's still the same thing I still aspire to look like the GQ/Men's Health model and not "that guy who's in his 30's-40's using a mobility scooter with a basket full of pastries, potato chips, candy, and soda" while at a certain large retail chain. As shallow as that sounds!!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Younger women than me have periods. Women my age have hot flashes. Women older than me seem to suffer from bone loss and other ailments. Just about all women fight weight gain all the time. I'm really happy being a relatively healthy boy!

I honestly don't really want to be in anybody else's position. I sometimes think we glorify being a woman because we soley focus on they can look like women without ridicule, but there's a lot more that comes with it. A woman dressing nicely isn't in some constant state of high from being dressed the way she is - it's normal every day wear to her. That said, I do take note of looks that I like and wonder what parts I can make my own. It's fun to fantasize, but constantly chasing another woman's style/position can lead to disappointment and longing for something. Find parts you like it make your own, create your own position that others would want to be in

Banned Read only
    Hi Manwithabra,
    I just say "Oh how I wish", but women do it all the time, look how they copy a look and magazines give a run down on how to achieve it at half the price, so blame the feeling on your feminine side. I have to go along with Diane's comment aren't we lucky we can go there.

Many times if they are dressed in a way that I like or for a purpose I would enjoy standing in for. And on some rare occasions to make myself wear something I normally wouldn't but fits their reasons well. It's a happy illusion I run in my mind quite often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

All the time....

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    [...]It's mostly about who we are, not what we are though.[...]
    Perception is reality.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Way,way too often. Started when I was a kid. I'd envy the girls in their Girl Scout uniforms, cheerleader outfits, etc,and it continues today.I live by the beach and always come home depressed. So many gorgeous GGs,and I want to be just like them.

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaRachel View Post
    Dear Manwithabra, all the time...
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    I like to turn this feeling inside out. When I see a woman wearing a skirt, or high heels, or heavy earrings, or anything else distinctly feminine, I can look at her and honestly say to myself, "I've done that and I know what she's feeling and experiencing right now, and isn't it a darned shame that most other guys will never understand it or share that connection with her." Rather than a sense of longing, it becomes a way to enhance my pride as a CD and feel more a member of the feminine sorority. - Diane
    See, this is the thing where most of us get it so way, way wrong. NONE of us really know what it's like to be a woman. We think we know, but we don't. We like to believe we know what it's like to be a woman, it's one of the most common things about us that drives us to crossdress, and/or want to be a woman. But we don't really know, because a woman thinks and perceives the world differently that we do. And yes, it's genetic and hormonal. We, for the most part, will never 'get it'. Just ask the women. Genetic, phenotype women, not males masquerading as women that call themselves women. Not sure? Just think back to when you're SO did something that you thought was completely nuts, but made perfect sense to her.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I do as we'll. And, I wonder what it would be like. . .

I get it less now that I go out and get to feel it for real. It isn't always it is cracked up to be, trust me. Some parts of being a woman, socially, are just downright painful, but I get your point.

When it comes to a fantasy, I feel that too, but only when I see women who is both very beautiful and very well-dressed. It all lies in the look, style, character, situation, charisma to act as a trigger.

However, even when it comes to it as a fantasy, I wouldn't like to be in the position of perhaps 95-99% of the women I see. Basically, she need a look and style that turn me on a bit. For me CDing is more of a kind of substitute or consequence of such fantasy.

When it comes to reality, it is of course impossible. However even if it was possible in reality, I wouldn't like to give up being me.

The best thing with it as a fantasy, in contrast to it as a reality, is that you can alter in which position you are from moment to moment :-)

/Bima

Gone to live my life
    Yup been there. I had a bit of an epiphany some time ago which lead me break in my therapy in which I realized I was squarely TG/CD not TG/TS. I saw a woman at the gas bar while I was filling up my car. She was wearing a pretty dress, coat, scarf and boots. She just looked so lovely and carefree that I thought, I want to be her. When I talked to my therapist she said did you want to be her as in being a woman or just have the ability to dress like her. It was then I realized it was about the dressing, presenting and just doing things en femme and not transitioning.

Hugs

Isha