Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else sometimes do this?

Very often
    Juliana

all the time! women are beautiful creatures to look at. i learn alot about style, movements and mannerisms by watching them. you are not alone in thinking like you do ...

Banned Read only
    While I may admire a particular outfit I see someone wearing, I don't think I wish for their set of experiences and feelings. Many people still feel that women are "less than". While things have changed a lot in the last 30 or 40 years, we are not there yet. There is a reason why sexual discrimination and sexual harassment statutes are still on the books: because it still happens.

I feel the same way..

Yes, especially when it is a woman who is well put together with a nice skirt and blouse.

Every time I see my daughter-in-law she could have been a model a girly girl.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I have often thought in the best possible world, we'd all spend from age 22 to 28 truly being the opposite sex, before we had to choose which to be for the rest of our life. And I don't mean just dressing as the opposite sex, but actually BEING the opposite sex, with all the attitudes, feelings, and physiological trappings that go with it. Just think how much better we'd all understand each other if we had that experience. And I wonder how many of us (be we genetic male or female) would choose to remain the opposite from what we had grown up as. I know that, having lived a life as a male, if I had the chance to go back, I'd love to have the chance to be a female for a second lifetime (but I'd want to retain the memories of having been a male, too, so that I could compare them).
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

Oh yeah

At work...all the time! I see hot outfits and am incredibly jealous I can't wear them to the job.

This is such a great conversation!

The thing that comes to mind in reading these wonderful perspectives is that maybe there's a difference between the ideal of the Feminine - which we are all aspiring to be - expressing our femininity
    compared to the reality of living life as a woman which has a lot of harsh realities that I often forget when I see a GG and think - wow! I wish I could be her!
    Krista

Oh yes I'd love to maybe for a day.
    Angie

AndreaSC/CD
    Quote Originally Posted by Manwithabra View Post
    Sometimes I'll look at some girls, whether it be in public or on TV, and I'll just think "I want to be in their position". I want to feel what they're feeling at that exact moment, wear what they are, and experience it for just a fleeting moment. It's just that, there's something alien about it all, and I've gotta know about it. Does anyone else ever get this feeling?
    I do that all the time...more so when girls/women are with their friends. I want to be part of that girl group. Probably why I get along with women better then men.

I do all the time I just went thru the people Mag with all the award pictures stars in there dresses. went one by one saying love it want to be in it and that body. Connie

Happens to me all the time
    DDee

I'm not going to show my age but my "interests" and dysphoria goes back a while and I've been living with it and dealing with it long, long before we had the internet and the wealth of immediate information we have now and had to confusingly exist in a solitary world of shame knowing there was nobody to talk to about this.
    This made that period when female relatives, female friends and the girls at school we're coming of age where they were allowed to begin wearing makeup, pantyhose and high heels. This made going to school, family events, parties etc. difficult. Seeing all those other girls dressed like that and enjoying being together while I wasn't, wasn't welcome and sure as hell couldn't dress like that without shame and ridicule was painful and probably greatly contributed to me being as introverted as I am.
    This got even more painful as my friends dated really good looking girls, some of who dressed exactly like I would have and I didn't realize it at the time but instead of searching for girls I wanted to be with, I was unknowingly searching for girls I wanted to be like, vicariously living through them.
    All or most of this I assume could have been avoided if I'd only been born female and I say this because my own sister was one of those I'd look at with envy. Envy of some of the things in her closet, envy of the things she was allowed to do etc so if she was doing all that then as her sister I guess I would have been as well.
    Well that sure felt good to get out after all these years keeping it in. What a great thread.

All the time especially when I see a girl wearing a very sexy dress and heels. I want to know what she is feeling being dressed sexy. I also wonder why women don't dress sexy all the time because I know I would if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Manwithabra View Post
    Sometimes I'll look at some girls, whether it be in public or on TV, and I'll just think "I want to be in their position". I want to feel what they're feeling at that exact moment, wear what they are, and experience it for just a fleeting moment. It's just that, there's something alien about it all, and I've gotta know about it. Does anyone else ever get this feeling?
    Yes, of course. I have that feeling all the time . . . except it isn't very fleeting. I often desire to be dressed as, look like, and just be the women I see on TV, movies, or in a restaurant. To be able to just walk into a bar or restaurant in my heels and skirt and flowing hair and just be seen and treated as a woman. That is my desire pretty constantly.
    Tess

Can I just be a girl already?! Please!

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Yes, especially if they're on TV after having won the lottery, then I REALLY want to be in their position
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

yes. yes. yes.

Absolutely, would love to have some idea of what it it feels like to actually be a woman!

Yes! Every day.

Yes, frequently. Especially the part about wearing their clothes and being beautiful!