Thread: A Really Beautiful Day

A Really Beautiful Day

Note to self: Walking a couple of blocks of cobblestones in 4" stiletto heels is not made any easier by a few glasses of wine.

Today was a really beautiful and really delightful day! I hope that Eryn and I will both expand upon it a bit on other posts/threads and link some pictures but I wanted to quickly post a brief outline tonight.

Got up this morning and got ready to take our motorhome in for an oil change at an RV service center. Moving our motorhome is not simply a matter of driving off, it requires opening gates, placing heavy wood ramps, and spouse and I on radios to navigate it out between walls and gates. So on with some "grubbies" to get the work done, along with leather gloves to protect hands and mianicure.

Park motorhome in street, remove and store ramps, close gates and change into a short denim skirt, sheer pale blue blouse, and running style shoes. Add makeup and jewelry, lock up house and we drive off.

Leave house at 9:30 and arrive at RV center at 10 a.m. Check in with service representative and make arrangements.

10:15 - Eryn and her spouse arrive. Eryn is wearing capris and a beautiful green blouse with just a hint of sparkle. We get into their car and drive off to Montrose, California,

We arrive in Montrose around 11 a.m. and decide to have an early lunch, stopping at a wonderful small cafe in the heart of old Montrose.

After lunch we drive to our destination, Descanso Gardens, where we spend a delightful day walking and talking and taking lots and lots of pictures in a really beautiful garden where, in addition to other flowers, the camellias are in bloom.

After several hours of wandering through this truly beautiful garden we head back to the RV center, arriving there around 4 p.m.

We say good bye to Eryn and her spouse and pick up our motorhome. Now it needs a smog check. For those in other places, this is a proceedure whrreby you take your vehicle to a special facility where, for a costly fee, they test it to make sure that it meets the current California standard for emissions and then they present you with a cerftificate which allows you to pay the state another fee to register the fact that you have had it checked and that it has been found worthy of being on a California highway.

At about 5:30 we get our certificate and leave the facility. Now we need gas, so we got to a nearby station and pick up lots of gallons of gasoline.

Immediately after that we switch into high gear because we've now been in touch with our son and he has a plan for the evening that requires us to be in more dressy attire.

So, in 38 minutes (I timed it) we arrive home, I run in and change into grubbies, tossing them over my bra and panties, open the gates, drag out the heavy ramps, repark the motorhome, drag in the heavy ramps, lock the gate, run back into the house and change into a cocktail dress and stilettoes, freshening makeup and changing jewelry to suit a more dressed up look.

We roar out of the house, this time in a car, pick up our son at his place, and drive to the Magic Castle in Hollywood.

We stand in line for about 30 minutes, waiting for the next show of a wonderful performer friend of ours who is opening a week at the Castle. If you haven't tried it, standing in line in high heels is a special treat.

My son brings me a glass of wine while I chat with the lady in line behind me, making small talk.

Our friend delivered a spectacular show, as we expected. After the show we chatted with friend for a few moments and then we headed off, finally, to dinner at 9 p.m.

We decided to go to Karl Strauss on Citywalk at Universal Studios. They were parking arriving cars at a lot a couple of blocls from where we wanted to go so we parked and walked a couple of blocks on their designer cobblestones.

Dinner was very good and, as we were hungry, very welcome. A bit more wine with dinner and then an 11 p.m. walk back to our car along the cobblestones. Drop son at his place, drive home, and, at 12:45 a.m. post this outline.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Persephone,

That is a beautiful day, a lovely evening, and beautifully told.

I hope you reward yourself with a lie in this morning - I'm a bit worn out just reading it..

Delightful...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Barbara,
    I do like the detail in between the first and last paragraph.

What you need to do is start your own state "Guv Mint" and collect your own registration, pollution fees and red light fines.
    You won't need to start a mint as you will be collecting taxes from every one else.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Note to self: Walking a couple of blocks of cobblestones in 4" stiletto heels is not made any easier by a few glasses of wine.

Persephone.
    ANY day that starts like this...is a VERY good day

I almost choked on my coffee, "Walking a couple of blocks of cobblestones in 4" stiletto heels is not made any easier by a few glasses of wine. ".

Your stamina is to be admired.

Sounds like a very busy but wonderful and rewarding day! And teetering on stilettos with alcohol in your blood.. and not falling down.. that's the sign of true mastery!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Wow, what a day!!

Let's see...you got to play with your toys, meet someone from here, enjoy your wife's company, go to a performance by a friend with a family member, have a nice dinner, wear several different outfits, and enjoy some wine along the way? That is nearly an ideal wonderful day! You are lucky.

Platinum Member
    Hi Persephone, It sounds like you need a 36 hour day.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reminder to self never move to South California, dang you day sounds expensive, tired me out just reading everything you had to do, and then staying up past ten would have put the finishing touch on me, I had to take a nap..... Lol I'm with the others the story had to be a good one since it started with wine and walking in heels.

Good grief! Are they still making 'good days out there'? We've either gotten very, very cold out there or piles upon piles of snow. With summer coming up I hope we get some good days but around here we can't really count on it.

Platinum Member
    You guys lead such full lives!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It is really too bad that you do not have much to do in any given day (grin). It sounds as if you enjoyed the day anyway.
    Hugs, Carole