Thread: A major step in the life I seek

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar

A major step in the life I seek

To many here this may not seem like a real big deal. But for the most part I am still in the closet. Very few people who know me personally know about my dressing. Today I took a huge step, at least in my mind it is. In my quest to look a bit more feminine, I made my first appointment with a hairstylist. She does not know me but knows why I am coming in and was kind enough to schedule me after hours for privacy. Im hoping by finding a style that can suit my male or female side I will feel a little more comfortable with my inner self.
    Have any other girls here taken these steps to feel more in tune with their feelings?
    Erica

Hi Erica,
    Same situation here exactly. I'll cross my fingers for you.

I've got the number of a 'diva salon' in my city, where they specialize in making men look like women. Looking for good opportunity to set up a makeup / wig shopping appointment. That would be my first wig ever, fyi.
    Nervous and excited at the same time!
    "Your hands are cold but your lips are warm..."

Banned Read only
    Hi Erica,
    It must be great to say you have enough hair to visit a stylist, I still have hair but it does seem to be migrating to other parts of my body, so if you still have hair where it should be, go for it and have a good day.
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-19-2014 at 03:14 PM.

That is a major step, congratulation

Silver Member
    A great hair stylist can do wonders in creating a unisex hair style, but always be honest with them! The first time making the appointment and explaining (some) of the issues can be stressful, but the stylist is a professional and the results can be fantastic! To give the stylist more info, try to find pics of hairstyles you'd like to try, perhaps even request a "slow time" too, early in the week and morning. Enjoy.

Platinum Member
    Hi Erica Marie, It sure sounds like you are heading in the right direction.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Awesome Erica! remember you may have to go with a slightly different style than you want in order to grow it out to where you want it.

That is a huge step. You go girl.

Banned Read only
    Congratulations and it is indeed a big step Erica Marie! What life are you seeking exactly - that is, how do you see what you'd ultimately want it to be?

I echo all the supportive comments above. Please let us have a 'blow by blow' record of tyour visit, together with your own feelings as the day progressed.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That is a huge step and I hope you come up with a cute style.
    I have a friend that is a stylist and is a member of my trans group so when I go it won't be too hard because he knows all about me.

I applaud what you are doing and want to do the same some day. While a collection of wigs provides lots of different styles on short notice, they sound too hot and trouble prone for my liking.

I have been blessed with ample hair and think that a unisex kind of bob would go well with my face. What are you getting?

Best wishes
    MsVal

Mine is currently long and easily styled but in the past I've gone with a guy's bob cut that can be transformed into a pixie style with a little mousse, a styling brush and a blow dryer
    Barbie

When long hair was in fashion I got it styled regularly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Erica you certainly aren't alone with that. You've taken a huge step. Just remember to go at the pace and do what YOU feel comfortable with.

Platinum Member
    I think it's a great idea. There's two benefits...you get to be out and relate to someone as your real self and you get the benefit of their professional expertise. Some years ago I came out to my hairdresser, who formerly only knew the male me. We came up with a hairstyle that was quite feminine but difficult for me to replicate and I opted for a wig, which grew to three wigs in a few months as I tried different looks.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I just wish I had hair that I could have styled
    Go for it and have fun.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Sounds wonderful, please keep us updated!
    Candy

I've never done that but it would be wonderful to have hairstyle that's adaptable to both sides. Hope it goes well, you'll have to show us all.

Christen x

Its so nice that your hair can grow out Erica. Once your confidence builds up you won't need to go there after hours for privacy.

Back in the late 70's early 80's, getting old and don't remember exactly. But there was a hair style that was being worn at the time, by both male and females, it was called a shag. I was wearing my hair pretty long at the time, so I went down and got mine cut in a long version of the shag, it looked great in both male and female mode, loved that do. Over the years, I've been afflicted with a terrible medical condition known as male pattern baldness, a horrible affection for a Cross dresser, but thinks to a very healthy wig industry I'm surviving just fine.
    I also loved to play with rollers back when I had long hair, my wife could never understand how I could sleep in those giant rollers, but I always slept good that way, it just seemed like such a girl thing to do back then.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yes ...have confidence in the fact you CAN grow your own hair....lots of girls are envious.....

I hope that you are pleased with your new hair. I am so envious.
    Just a guy with a love for tights (as we call them in the UK, aka pantyhose)

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Short update.
    The hair app is set for next week Wed evening. It will be after hours to provide a sense of privacy. As far as a style, that is undecided yet. I guess I will partly leave that up to the stylist. I have been letting my hair grow out for about a half a year or so and there should be plenty to start with and I know it will only be a start. It will take a few more months of growing and grooming to find something that really works. Kind of an experiment and a step ahead.
    Erica

Erica,

Have fun and enjoy the appt. Hugs, Melissa.