Thread: Possibly met a transwoman in the wild

Possibly met a transwoman in the wild

Had a meeting with a subcontractor yesterday.

One of the women looked almost definitely trans.

So, what was it about her? Mainly a strong, kind of squarish manly chin, large hands and maybe she needs some more practice in comportment. Also, she was dressed a little too revealing for the venue: crochetted "see thru" sweater over a black cami. She also wore more jewelry than normal for the venue: necklace, bangles, a couple of rings.

But everything else shouted girl. Long straight natural hair, higher pitched voice, nicely padded butt, weight proportional to height.

Left me totally confused.

Third person I've spotted in the last few months that had me totally confused.

Of course, I'll never know for sure. Can't say anything in the workplace that wouldn't get me in trouble. She gets my respect.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    Only her hair dresser knows for sure really doesn't seem to fit here does it?

We all come in all sorts of sizes and shapes. Very few of us have one the genetic lottery... so unless you know for sure, it's just a guess.

Besides, I see versions of this every time I go to wallyworld. While a few of the wallymanders have to dress a certain way due to economic conditions, I'm quite sure that most of the ones I see dress in what ever they found on top of the dirty clothes pile and give absolutely no thought to what they look like.

It'd be nice if we had a secret code, secret pin or something that when we see each other, we could connect.

Renne......

What nobody taught you the secret handshake yet?
    Barbie

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    in my best Australian accent and safari outfit ............" Notice the wild trans women as she files those papers with her squarishly manly chin" " It seems the female has spotted another of her species"...............sorry...i had to do it...........

Just remember, the call out is "Lovely weather we're having." The response is "Even the ducks have umbrellas." :P
    "Fear is the mind killer." Frank Herbert, Dune

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueler

"I make a GREAT team!"

I saw Elvis last week...well the guy had sideburns and sunglasses.

Really? Why do people here seem to think this is a sport? Like travel bingo? Do you go around everyday looking for someone with blue eyes? Get over it...there are Transpeople out there and there are even MORE people who don't fit your ideal of what a man or woman should look or act like. They don't need "us" to try and find them
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Saw a sister at the flea market today with a male friend.
    I noticed beard shadow but her wig and outfit were fine.I saw them coming up the same aisle and gave a warm smile and got a smile back.
    Ran into them once more and the trans girl was looking me over checking my boots and jeans so I think she figured me out.Hope so anyway.

I personally don't look out for them, if our eyes met they may attack me.

Just accept what you saw the same as others react when they see you.

Usually no reaction at all except from the occasional sales assistant that you have shared the secret with.

That is usually fun and positive.

The only time I am likely to report a deer in the headlights is if there is an unusual circumstance involved.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Really? Why do people here seem to think this is a sport? Like travel bingo?
    I think that so many here have never met another transgender person in the flesh, and perhaps it reassures people that they are part of something larger than themselves. At least, I hope that's what it is.

Definitely true on my end. Whenever I see someone who I assume is trans I get a warm fuzzy feeling. Not because I'm out there trying to find them but because it's so rare to see.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 02-20-2014 at 05:58 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.

Interesting Hon. The way I look at it though is that everyone is a unique individual, plumbing notwithstanding, I usually take them at their word until proven otherwise.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi,

Then youv not met me on the building site then, or hard at work some where, and you asked for me youd say wheres noeleena and you'd be told she's over there, that one with the sunhat on and pinny. just watch her she's a bit stroppy,

yes well. youll take me as you find me or think what the.......and im the boss,

...noeleena...

Steffi...Not sure what difference it makes to you. She is a human,as are you.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Platinum Member
    Hi Steffi, That brings to mind the scene where Crocodile Dundee meets up with a trans-woman in the bar.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

In a consignment store once with my sister, a very attractive, but obviously in transition, transwoman walked in, and started browsing the racks. My sister asked why I don't go and talk to her. I had to explain the rules, and how introducing myself just proves she is not passing.
    Funny how many of us crave friendship with kindred spirits, but the rules preclude us from approaching.

Paula, the problem is while many of us would like to be a kindred spirit, there is also many of us that don't want to be approached in public and have it pointed out that we are not really passing.
    You have no way of knowing just how comfortable that person might or might not be, and you could scare someone back into the closet by letting them know they didn't pass when they thought they did.
    Just because you wear a dress, and you see another guy wearing a dress, doesn't mean you want to be treated like any other person out there, how often do you go up to strangers in the mall and start a conversation, all we want is to be treated just like the rest of society, so just ignore us like you do everyone else.
    You want to meet people and make new friends, there are Trans friendly organizations all over the country, and the Bar scene is known for a place to meet people.
    The mall is a place to shop.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Why does it matter, if you are in a position to get to know her/him? If not, it's theoretical.

But if so, go up and say hello. Learning who the real person is may be much more interesting than labeling him/her girl boy.

A large person with larger size jewelry? That stuff is hard to find where I live. Ask about jewelry. It's always good to know. Both GGs and CDs love that kind of talk.

and good luck.

As someone who works in the construction field I've seen more and more GG's in the trades and on the job site, some of which I would not like to get angry at me. If you see me at the job with shaven arms and hands, my long straight hair, neatly trimmed eyebrows, my 5'-7" slim build and lately clean, clear polished nails doe's that make me a transman? I'm sure if she was what you say, she would not try to draw attention to herself by the way she dressed in a situation as you described.I understand your curiosity it's only natural.I hope any outcome from your meeting was not swayed by your uncertainty.

Bye-Bye Lisa?
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

You are absolutely right Tina, thank you for your thoughts.
    Becky

Banned Read only
    BTW, I get approached from time to time when I'm not wearing makeup, or otherwise have put little effort into passing. (There are some days where it's just not gonna happen.) Or perhaps it's that people know me because I hang out with other girls, some of whom don't pass, or that individually we all might, but together - nah, no way.

Anyway, I've met a number of great people this way, and made some friends. I'm the token tranny of my little gay neighborhood. Everybody knows it, so I don't let it stress me out much.

I don't think I'll really fool anybody without makeup until I have FFS. I'm getting there though - slowly but surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    in my best Australian accent and safari outfit ............" Notice the wild trans women as she files those papers with her squarishly manly chin" " It seems the female has spotted another of her species"...............sorry...i had to do it...........
    Watch Sir Richard Attenborough narrative women's curling in the Olympics, it's your post (written in your best Australian accent and safari outfit) come to life! LOL

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...ust_reloaded=1

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    I think that so many here have never met another transgender person in the flesh, and perhaps it reassures people that they are part of something larger than themselves.
    I think that you are correct. We are members of the most secret secret society in existence, one in which we can't even acknowledge our memberships to other members!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    ...That brings to mind the scene where Crocodile Dundee meets up with a trans-woman in the bar.
    Not my favorite move scene, that.

IIRC, in a following scene Mick "checks out" a mannish looking woman.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]