Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many here, When the cloths come off does the girl go away?

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar

How many here, When the cloths come off does the girl go away?

For everyone here, when the girl cloth come off does the girl go away till the next time you dress?

How many people here completely go back to being a guy and how many notice alot of female traits flow over into their male life.

Hope this makes sense.

For me I try to blend female in the best I can without letting anyone overly notice. I try to keep my figure slim and not overly muscular, I attempt to keep my nails groomed (less polish of course), I have been shaving my legs and arms to keep body hair at a minimum, I have been letting my hair grow to try and adopt a unisex style, wearing earings in both ears, I do notice that when I sit I always seems to either cross my legs or sit in a ladylike position, among other things that I probably dont even notice anymore.

Do many others here notice this about themselves, or other things that are typically female traits, or is it full bore back to male mode for you

Also for any ggs that stop by, Im curious what male traits you may notice about your day to day self.
    Erica

Andrea never goes away.

Sure there are the physical signs (maincured nails with subtle polish, pedicured toes with not so subtle polish, shaved legs arms chest and everything, pierced ears, purse) but its also a mental thing. I am Andrea, she is me. All the time.
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    the girl never goes away for me...no matter what i am wearing...its the same person...I do have to "Play up" looking like a man though...i wear baggy clothing in layers on purpose to look bigger, a tank top under my shirt to try to look a bit more muscular...i wear a hat pulled low to cover they eyebrows.

Erica - What a fantastic question. I never actually feel any different as Ellie or myself. I look in the mirror and the clothes are different and I have hair (as Ellie ) but emotionally I am the same. I have fixed the car and done woodwork in a skirt.
    I never thought about the leg crossing but I could be classed as a cross dressing leg crosser (not easy to say) as I do cross my legs but not in the feminine way if there is such a thing. I cross my ankles alot and I wear a lot of ladies clothes as a guy.
    I have tried to style my beard in a feminine way but I just cant get it right.
    Does this answer the question or am I just rambling like usual. Ellie

I agree with most post here as the girl never goes away as Jordan is so much of my life

for me there's no physical 'blending'. i present as totally masculine to the outside world. i don't even underdress.

but the girl is always stalking my psyche..waiting for her chance to take control again...

No, the girl never goes away, male or female clothes, Annie is as much a part of me as my male self. That's why this is more than a little hobby. I think I posted once on another thread that I wouldn't be a candidate for SRS because then if I did that, I would probably start missing the male me then, and would be on one of the other forums. I guess I'm split right down the middle, with a touch more female than male. However, I actually really enjoy having both natures within me. Like anything in life, it can be a real blessing, if you don't let it control you.
    Last edited by AnnieMac; 02-04-2014 at 07:10 AM.

I would think for most that inner feeling never goes away regardless of how your presenting.
    This is a part of you the clothing are just things that help you present yourself to the world.
    Last edited by meganmartin; 02-04-2014 at 07:09 AM. Reason: missed a phrase
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Platinum Member
    I've said this many times, but I'll repeat...my personality does not change based on my clothing.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't consider them as much male or female traits as I do people traits.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I guess this isnt so much about how we feel inside, but how we present on the outside.

For an example, does the beard come back, does the greasy finger nails come back, macho bruiser? Or is the female appearance still shining through.
    Erica

Interesting thread. I'm just finding myself so I'm light years behind most of you. I've wondered the same thing, but I've never put the question this plainly. Thank you Erica! I like the male me. I feel good being the male me. I'm a guys guy. But there is a side that's just beginning to emerge. She's feminine, nurturing, and a thousand times more intuitive. She's soft where my male side is hard. I like them both. Unlike some here, I wasn't born in the wrong body. That's a struggle that I don't have to face. I am happy and excited that this side of me is starting to emerge, even this late in life (I'm 60). Whether the two blend or not is something I'll find out in time. I've only been on this board for a week, but it's been an eye-opening and wonderful experience!
    Dana

I almost always wear diamond stud ear rings in both ears. One night my daughter had a camp fire at her place, I was sitting by the fire, jeans, jacket, sucking on a beer, when one of her friends came over and said "oh I thought you were a girl" nothing showed on the outside other than the ear rings. Patty never goes away.

Great thoughts, Erica - provocative, even...

I have noticed - more from photos and video - that Katey has a slightly different way of sitting, moving and gesturing. I do think some of this is conscious - the first time I saw myself walking was clearly 'a guy in a dress' - so I have been more attentive to how GGs move and gesture. And yes, this forum has influenced that as well - of course I was always fascinated by attractive women, more so now and across a wider spectrum and to a greater level of detail (I'm sure some might think I'm a bit of a stalker, but I try to be subtle..).

The thing that goes away with clothes, though, is the little adjustments that GGs and we have to do: tweaking a bra strap flat; making sure that mini skirt is pulled down when you sit!; crossing legs, etc - all those are associated with the clothes and I don't think many carry over to guy me - but that isn't personality is it?

And some of those things are an omnipresent danger for us closet occupiers - I'm forever standing hand on hip... what a giveaway!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    I think every person has there own personality most ppl in today's society don't even have time fofthemselves. Women do stuff what was labeled for men and vice versa. If I try to do thing purposelying that are meant to be feminine so that I can feel feminine I think I might be becoming someone else (if that makes any sense) although I do get that I'm feminine cos I'm shy & I speak at low tone and I cry alot(unfortunately)

I guess it looks like I might be in the minority here. My femme self and male side could not get any farther apart. When the clothes and makeup come off its total guys guy for me. No shaving for days the greasy nails the hole nine yards.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    I've needed to remind myself not to cross my legs at the knee in guy-mode... I really find it quite comfortable after years of doing so enfemme. However, I don't see many guys sitting that way, so I make a conscious effort not to... just because I wouldn't want anyone to suspect I'm a crossdresser.

The "girl" never really goes away, she just keeps it private!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    When dressed as a girl, I do girl things. When dressed as a boy, I'm simply a boy. The two often meet in the laundry room or when he drives my Prius, or I take his Jag out for a little girl fun!

Teresa is in me but does not show herself unless my gf and I are going to have a girls night out. I only dress to go out clubbing because I live to wear heels and dresses or tight clothing for clubbing. However, I always like wearing my high heels around the house and occasionally under dress using panties... so she isn't completely gone.

For me it is a switch I've yet to control. I can go from feeling very masculine to extremely feminine regardless of the clothes I am wearing, how I behave depends on who is around me at he time and where am at. Having Michelle whiting me is a positive trait I cherish and some times hate. Michelle allows for me to be more sensitive to other people, especially my wife and children, I have no fear to be loving and caring unless I am having issues with how feminine I feel but how masculine I look, then I can turn into an Jerk. I guess I am still trying to have my double personality under control. Good question!

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I think I'm the same....which works well because my wife says so,
    and because what I do doesn't make me a different person.

I probably do lean a fair bit towards the girlier side at all times though,
    Long hair, pierced ears, long nails, slim & tall, girls jeans always...among
    a few other things.

It's actually a bit painful to cross my legs any other way than the way
    women do. I've tried that the rare times I sit with guys...so I don't even
    try anymore. But...I'm in my 50's so I don't care what anyone thinks
    anymore.

And...I swear before the Highest video game overlord...if it wasn't the
    troublesome PITA that it is here where I am...I'd legally change my name
    to Kate. I'm planning to do that at some point. Guy or not...

(I'll never be a girl, and would never fool anyone, but i do this thing for
    my own state of well-being. It's just natural for me) *

I lived through the nineties. I found the woman within, and embraced her (even though she is a lesbian) .

So, there is no change regardless of what I am wearing, or not wearing, as the case may be, except I must admit, I do take shorter strides when wearing heels.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

Erica, there is always a little of the girl in my boy persona and likewise a little boy in Robin's persona. They cannot be totally separated at this point, only managed as to which is presenting.

Its a dichotomy I suppose a lot of the closeted girls struggle with. However, even if the stars allowed me to be FT, there would always be elements of the boy present.

Seems to be a matter of keeping the compartments separate with a minimum of blending.

Hugs, Robin

The mannerisms, the talking with hands, surprise of beautiful things do not disappear they may tone down a bit amongst male friends, but they never completely disappear.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

For me, it is a yes. When Crissy puts her clothes away she is gone, until the next time. I am just my male self, and do not feel any different.