Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well girls..

Talking Well girls..

Sometimes you just don't know how lucky you are. Today on the ride to a store my mom asks me if I'm a cross dresser. Since the question was out of no where I just sat there and thought for a few seconds. Told her I was..
    As we pulled up she said while we're in here do you want me to buy you some makeup. Oh lord, my eyes lit up! After we got it she told me she was proud of me for being myself and the she loved me. We came back to the house, and she even showed me how to apply it. It has been an amazing day, very happy!

Banned Read only
    That is a wonderful story of acceptance from your mom! How did she figure it out, do you reckon?

I say the pink socks were a dead giveaway hahaha
    My hearts a little lighter today.

Banned Read only
    Lol! Sometimes a mom just knows. It is wonderful she is so accepting - so many parents would not be .

That is so wonderful,

Banned Read only
    You're very fortunate to have an understanding mother. I'm sure if you let her, she will alleviate much of the anxiety a cross dresser may have in shopping for clothing.

Haha That's true enough!
    I told her on the way to the house that I was really lucky to have a mom that's as accepting as her. I think it's made both our days and brought us closer together.

Wow, how wonderful is that?

Right?! Happiest I've been in a long time!!

Isa - that's wonderful you have such an understanding and accepting mother - brilliant!

I wonder if there's a generational acceptance thing going on here, everyone? I'm darned sure my mother would have been very unimpressed if I'd ever had to reveal to her, but Isa's relatively young and so one would expect her mom to be also relatively... just pondering folks...

Now Isa, what will you plan next...? Have a great day!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

We did have a good laugh when I stabbed myself in the eye multiple times with mascara..
    XD

Well Katey, I was thinking once I get paid we could get our nails done. My treat.

That's a great story! I'm 40, and I wish I could open up to my Mom about this "hobby" of mine. Not only do I think it would be fun to shop with her, she has some things that I want!

Parents like your mom are wonderful, aren't they? They have this "unconditional love" that transcends everything else. I wish that all parents cared more for their children than they do for themselves, but that's a different rant.

She knew, probably for longer than you can guess. Parents often know, or think that that they know many things about their children. Things the children they think they have successfully hidden from them. The parents have a generation more experience than their children and know how to wait for the right time to talk about them. I wouldn't doubt that your mom planned to buy the makeup before leaving the house.

What a wonderful story.

Best wishes
    MsVal

That is awesome! You are quite the lucky girl!
    Stephanie

It's always good to hear a story like this! Oh, and thumbs up for having such a cool mom too!

Wow good for you and your mom! It does lift a weight off when you aren't totally in secret. And now she and you can share so many more things together.

Quote Originally Posted by Isa View Post
    I was thinking once I get paid we could get our nails done. My treat.
    Sounds like a wonderful idea!

Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Isa....this a GREAT story....so happy to hear this today!!!

Mom's are great aren't they? Very happy for you hon
    Barbie

Congrats, Isa.
    You are very lucky. I'll admit it--I am very jealous.

Women do tend to know. Moms, wives, GF's.... we think we are hiding it, and we are to a point, but they know something is up. My wife asked me back when we were getting engagee what there is to know about me that she didn't know. I passed on that question, but she felt in her heart she knew something. They do know, women's intuition.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Silver Member
    It is always wonderful to hear a parent is accepting and understanding of a child's "different lifestyle"! Perhaps your mother will help you to build your feminine wardrobe, suggest a hairstyle, and show you how to enjoy being Isa. Enjoy.

Congratulations! That is a wonderful story. I am so glad you and your mom have such a strong and understanding relationship

Thank you all so much, such a wonderful treat to wake up to the words of people sharing this joy!!