Thread: Am i the luckest guy in the world

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.

Am i the luckest guy in the world

Over the last month I have been reading from various sources about problems that some girls have had with their unsupportive spouses. Some spouses tried to ruin the crossdressers life by exposing them to the world. I read about the pain this gave to all involved even the children. I don’t think this was a good idea for me to read about these things, I’m too empathetic and given the fact that I am in a big depression in my life at the present time. I’m in no wise in that kind of relationship, just the opposite. My wife is very supportive and is always trying to let me know how much she loves me and how accepting she is of me in my crossdressing.
    While reading of the plight of some of the afore mentioned girls, it got me wondering what would happen if my wife tuned her support of me. What would I do? After considering an assortment of scenarios I thought that I would most likely do this – I’d stop cold turkey and be miserable about dressing, but preserve what I consider far more important to me than dressing. In this choice my life as I know it right now would have to cease. I would have to remove all stimuli about transgender thoroughly from my life to mitigate my thoughts of dressing. I know that it would be impossible to cloister myself completely, but I would at least try. I can be miserable missing the dressing a whole lot better compared to being miserable without my wife, she is everything to me. I pray everyday that there will not be a day I have to live without her because I don’t think I could do it.
    Somehow that idea of being miserable about missing the dressing was a whole lot better compared to being miserable without her because of a change in her support crept into a conversation we had about my depression. After I said those words she didn’t say anything for a moment but then came over and put her arms around my neck, kissed me gently and said, “Dressing is something that makes you who you are and what you are is what I love. You have nothing to worry about. Your dressing is just one of the things I love about you and if that wasn’t there in your life then you wouldn’t be the person I have come to love.”
    AM I THE LUCKEST GUY IN THE WORLD or WHAT?
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Shaylee I believe it's a tie with every one of us that has an accepting spouse/family.

It's wonderful that your spouse is so loving and accepting and I'm so happy for you, as I've been on both ends of that spectrum and am blessed now with the same love and acceptance from mine.

Lord it's a good life isn't it hon? Enjoy!
    Barbie

Hi Shaylee. I thought I was the luckiest guy but I think you edge me out. I'm so happy for you and your wife!

WOW! I'm sitting here with the biggest grin I can have, thinking that title (Luckiest guy in the world.) is grossly understated.

...and wishing some of that could rub off on me...

Thanks for brightening up a gloomy day.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Shaylee,

It sounds to me like you and your spouse are the luckiest couple in the world because you understand and love each other.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

shaylee : How refreshing it is to hear what the reality for so many of us married members really is. I love reading this type of post as I am of the same mind as you. Sometimes its so frustrating to read from those who complain about wives who don't support or say why can't I wear a dress if she can wear jeans and a t-shirt.

Your wife knowing that you really would give it all up and be miserable to make her happy is probably the main reason she is able to understand and support you and your needs. Perhaps if others here would adopt this attitude their wives would try harder to understand them too.

Yes you are one of the luckiest guys in the world but you know what? I bet she feels like she is pretty lucky to have you

Aspiring Member
    PLUS you look tremendous!!! What a great position to be in...be good to her!
    Fortuneta

You are one of those rate types that has all the priorities in line. I have that kind of relationship with my wife. I support her in the things she loves because I love her and she has supported me in all my craziness. You are truly blessed also to have that kind of wife keep her close and love her. We hear so many that don't get the support they yearn for. It does a heart good to hear your story. Thanks for posting...

Banned Read only
    Shayleetv, this is very beautiful, and I can relate so much to all that you are saying here. I have read hundreds of threads from cd's with supportive wives, and it is all good and happy. But congratulations on a very supportive wife that you have.

Tara D. Rose
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 02-21-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Yes you are the luckiest guy in the world. Your words strike a deep chord with me, I so totally agree with the way your thinking. Depression is a terrible thing, you've obviously got great support and I hope you're getting professional help too.
    You sound like a really lovely person.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

I would die for that kind of acceptance. My wife is a wonderful person and I have my hopes up for acceptance some day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Banned Read only
    Not the "luckiest" just one of the many of us.

Gold Member
    Just keep loving her Shaylee. I am sure that is why you are getting it back in spades. Relationships are to be nurtured.

You are very lucky Shaylee, others can only dream and the only advice I can give you is stay cautious and keep everything in moderation.
    You don't need to wreck a good relationship.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.