Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once I start I can't stop

Once I start I can't stop

So today, my plan was to settle in and enjoy the US / Canada hockey game. I had on a pair of fem jeans and a drab shirt. Said to myself, 'Nah I won't dress today, will just leave on what I have. '. About 20 minutes later, decided to put on a little make up. Did my eyes and maybe a little lip stick.

Then I decided I wanted my boobs and a bra too.

Figured I needed a pretty shirt too, so I added that too.

I'm to complaining mind you, but I do find that once I start, I want to complete my entire outfit.

I wonder if anyone else experiences this too.

Thoughts??

I don't like mixing wardrobes or half-assed cross-dressing because it looks even worse than full drab or drag, so yes, once I start, I want to complete my entire outfit, otherwise I wouldn't start in the first place.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yea im the same way....totally has to be a full outfit....and if time is on my side...full makeup too

For me it feel more natural to finish.

Ditto Annaliese.
    Barbie

Junior Member Rebecca Cross Bracer's Avatar
    I don't necessarily always have to complete an entire outfit, but I don't mix and match. Once I know I'm going to dress the male clothing goes.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I'm right along with you here -- all or nothing, head to toe for me

Once I start it's all the way if no one's home.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Absolutely agree with you. I always want the full thing, outfit, makeup, hair. My problem, like many others I'm sure, is private time. Don't quite get enough. And, God knows, getting the whole package ready takes so much time.
    Oh well, we just have to make do.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Being a husband and a father of two little girls, its rare that i get the chance to fully dress with wig and make up. The process just takes too long. Had some time today myself. I just wore some fem jeans, a top, and painted my toes. Put my feet up and watched the hockey game. I was happy with that for today.

Junior Member Rebecca Cross Bracer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dressyjessy View Post
    Being a husband and a father of two little girls, its rare that i get the chance to fully dress with wig and make up. The process just takes too long. Had some time today myself. I just wore some fem jeans, a top, and painted my toes. Put my feet up and watched the hockey game. I was happy with that for today.
    So what did you do about your toes afterwards? Doing my nails is always the hardest part because of the time and semi-permanence.

Banned Read only
    Watch out njcddresser, it worse than crack or heroin or chocolate chip cookies! Once it has you firmly in its grip......

Gone to live my life
    For me, if I am going out then "head to toe" is a must. However there are times at home where I just want to wear some comfy lounging shorts and a cami to watch tv. So I will wear those items and a wig but no make-up. My wife and I refer to her as Isha "au natural".

BTW watched the game and as a Canadian gal, gotta say it . . . Yay Canada.

Hugs

Isha

never used to do makeup, since joining the group and getting all the great tips now its all or nothing,
    if i dont have the time i dont even try.
    first time today for 6 weeks....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

IDK.... Choc chip cookies is a strong one..... ok, who am I kidding. lol
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Unless I'm under dressing in usual male mode I find it hard to just wear lipstick or eye shadow without dressing the whole way. Sometimes underdressing can make me want to dress the whole way. One day I had on my male jeans with a pair panty hose underneath. This lead to just putting my heels on for a while. Before too long I was completely dressed and prancing around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    I don't like mixing wardrobes or half-assed cross-dressing because it looks even worse than full drab or drag, so yes, once I start, I want to complete my entire outfit, otherwise I wouldn't start in the first place.
    This isn't my experience. There are many phases of dressing in which androgynous looks appear very cool in the mirror. For me it is more mood related. I can achieve "feeling just right" at many phases of dressing.

I always WISH I could dress fully, but am "in the closet".
    I typically wear pumps and jewelry when alone, panties always on.
    When I can, I put on a cute outfit.
    I almost never can do make up or wear my new wig-
    family around, just outside the door...
    Rare occasions, I can do nails, eye shadow.
    Haven't even bothered to get face make up, probably spoil before I use it!
    Candy

I know the feeling well. So many times I've put on a cute top, thinking I'll stop there. But then it just doesn't look right without breastforms, so off comes the top, and on goes the bra and forms. Then I think, "You know, this would look great with that new skirt, so off come the pants and on goes the skirt. But then the look doesn't look right without a wig, so on goes the wig. And of course the wig doesn't look right without earrings and lipstick. And after that more jewelry and some nice heels. And there I am.

There is no half way in a good presentation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    To each their own. While many days I wear full fem clothes I seldom wear a wig and makeup. I have no problem wearing intermixed clothes. Around the house and yard I sometimes wear male souvenir t-shirts that I've collected with a bra on under them. I also wear them to do errands. In the last week I've talked to 3 neighbor women wearing similar male shirts as I had on. Yes we all had on bras, or at least I assume they did. I usually wear women's tees simply because I like them and have more of them. When I get up I put on what I want to, and if I decide to go somewhere I wear whatever is appropriate for the situation.

When I was more closeted I would do the full boat, but as I became more open about what I wore I moved toward what the women were wearing. Having fully dressed many times and gotten older maybe I've grown away from the thrill or maybe I just don't want to expend the time it takes.

Another issue is I'm the same person no matter what I'm wearing. Some have seen me in both modes, but I've never used anything but my male name in many years.

Spunky Princess
    I'm also a bit of a perfectionist in this regard, although I'm limited by my situation living with people and my finances, so I don't get to dress very often at all. it's also such a shame going to a lot of trouble but knowing I have to go back to being a boy soon.

Platinum Member
    I don't like dressing half way.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Depends. Sometimes I need more to feel femme and other times a bra will do. Might have something to do with how much skin is exposed. Its hard to say.

Does anyone else like dark chocolate malt balls?

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    For me, if I am going out then "head to toe" is a must. However there are times at home where I just want to wear some comfy lounging shorts and a cami to watch tv. So I will wear those items and a wig but no make-up. My wife and I refer to her as Isha "au natural".

BTW watched the game and as a Canadian gal, gotta say it . . . Yay Canada.

Hugs

Isha
    I agree with Isha, most of the time, I'm going head to toe, but some days I just get lazy, I'll settle for a pair of legging capris and a girls tee, and let it go at that, bald head and all, just not interested in dressing, just want to wear what's comfortable.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.