Thread: wen you dress

Question wen you dress

I wood like to know how meny of us get all dress up an not go out I can see dressing but makeup an all semes like a wast of makeup that cost a lot

Isn't cross-dressing a waste of women's clothing in that regard?

Got to look your best Lori!
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

I do understand, but it's not like you use the makeup all in one go..

And one has to start somewhere.. I'm sure I would have been arrested had I gone out the first time I applied makeup... Or at least I would have deserved to have been...

Anyway - it's worth it for the excursion we take in our minds...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I only do make up at home when I want to try something different. However when I do go out makeup is a must.

I don't dress to go out.... i just dress to be me
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I agree with you Lori. I dress at home almost every day but don't use makeup because I don't have to impress anybody but me. Its a whole different scenario when I dress to go out. That's when I wear makeup because I want to look my feminine best.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

No makeup when home and I only need minimal makeup when I go out.
    I look like a painted doll otherwise.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

So why bother dressing, just sit in a dark room by yourself, totally stark naked thinking "I'm a girl, I'm a girl". Save all kinds of money! Most of us don't seem to go out of the house, so we wouldn't even need to hide our wardrobe from our SO because we wouldn't need one. Save all kinds of heart burn and money!

Sorry! Just my weird sense of humor here!

I wear the clothes, the wig, the foundation garments and prosthesis, and makeup because that is who I am. You know, the need to be feminine thing!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    We all have mirrors. But, none of us see the same thing in them. Nor do we NEED TO!

I want and need to see an attractive woman in mine. Not a man in a dress. However, that's just me.

I often wish when I get home tired, I could just thro on some nylons, heels, bra, and forms and be satisfied. But, those days r long gone! It's all the way or nada for me now.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Dressing is a very occasional thing for me. Given my age, resources and body shape and general situation I have never entertained the thought of sharing this side of me with the world at large outside the home. So for me to slip into feminine clothes is a time of acknowledgement of all those aspects of myself that have for years been smothered. The posters here look so convincing from their pictures and the comments they make on their lives. I could easily be envious! I wonder how common is my situation.

Quote Originally Posted by lori m crawford View Post
    I wood like to know how meny of us get all dress up an not go out I can see dressing but makeup an all semes like a wast of makeup that cost a lot
    I can get all dressed up in my best femeni camofloge and go deer hunting. make up is not required

If I go out en-femme I go ALL out I must confess to a very wide streak of vanity. One of my biggest nightmares is going out in a mini skirt and heels and I forgot to shave my goatee or put on any makeup. This Barbie will NOT appear as G.I. Joe in a dress
    Barbie

So far, I haven't bought expensive make up. Maybe if I spent more and practiced applying it more I would go out more. But I like staying at home looking like a cheap tramp.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Lori, I'm a closet dresser, I never go out, but I almost always wear makeup when I dress. And why not, sure it cost a little, but not as much as I spend on women's clothes that no one but the wife and I will ever see. And it would take a long time to spend as much on makeup as I have on wigs.
    What with clothes, wigs, Breast forms, padded undergarments for shape, make up seem rather cheap to me, and when I see a reflection in a mirror, I feel better about what I see. And as long as I feel better about what I see like a lot of women, I'll spend what ever it takes on that make up.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I do not have to go out to enjoy myself. I get dolled up many times but no need to go out. It is all about self perception. You could do what was stated, sit in the dark, to me it is the experience, smell of fragrance, feel of the clothing on my body, my reflection in the mirror, what I see when I look down at myself, difference in my walk in heels, the feel of long hair on my back and along my face, ah so this is what it feels like and I like it. Why I have no clue but it is important to me. There is no need to go out but it is not a waste by any means. I may not always put on make up or concealer, but when I do I feel more satisfied about how I look.

I would say I only go out about 10% of the time I dress. Sometimes I will dress for as little as 30 minutes in the morning after my wife leaves for work. Just enough to satisfy the urge.

I don't always go out when I get dress. If I have time I will put on makeup even if don't going out just to practice put it on right and try different things with my eye makeup and lipsticks.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

It would seem to me that makeup is an integral part of the picture, and presentation is everything. I for one certainly need all the practise I can get. When I can look in the mirror and see "Peta" looking back at me and not some odd looking male in a dress, thats when I know I can be serious about creeping out of the closet. From what i've read so far it wont necessarily take a lot of makeup to achieve what I want - less is more etc - but I must try different products and techniques.
    Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today, because if you enjoy it today, you can do it again tomorrow. - Author: James A. Michener

As others have already written, without makeup I look like man in a dress. I dress primarily for me and when I look in the mirror I want me to look good – that takes makeup. I also get a great deal of pleasure out of applying the makeup. Starting with the moisturizer, then the primer, foundation, and powder to soften the appearance of the face. Next I do the eyes, liner, a couple of shades of shadow well blended and then highlighted, and finally capped off with some mascara. A little blush, maybe some bronzer, and then the coup de grâce lipstick, usually a base coat followed by a top coat – I find that putting one shade on top of another produces some fantastic results. I learned that trick from a model who lived next door for a while.

Now about the cost. I dress on average maybe once a week. A bottle of foundation last approximately a year, I was buying foundation in the $8 to $10 range but recently switched to a foundation from Sephora that cost $20; add primer at $10 and that’s still less than 60₵ per dressing; the eye makeup, blusher, powder, and lipstick might total another dollar at most, so around $1.60 and that is less than a pair of pantyhose. $1.60 for 30 to 45 minutes of pleasure and fun, even at just 30 minutes that is only approximately 5₵ a minute; going to a theater and watching a movie will cost me at least twice that (add popcorn and a drink and the cost will be double or triple) and wouldn’t get the same level of enjoyment out of the movie.

When I dress I want the entire experience (otherwise why bother?) and a large part of that experience is applying and wearing makeup. I feel much the same way about jewelry – earrings, necklace or chain with pendant, bracelets and bangles, rings, and a woman wristwatch, and something feminine in the way of a light fragrance is also called for. Oh, lest I forget, I never dress without also applying one of my favorite colors of polish to my nails; usually essie Watermelon or OPI Big Apple Red.
    Babs

I don't go out...the beard is a dead giveaway I dress at home, just for me. So makeup is a choice as to how far I want to go on a given day. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.