Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Braver

Getting Braver

Hey everybody, just wanted to announce that I've been getting increasingly more daring when it comes to going outside dressed. Granted, it'll be a while before I feel comfortable enough to go all out, but baby steps

The past few nights, when all the other apartment lights go out and assumedly everyone is asleep,
    I've mustered the courage to dress up and step out onto my balcony. Nothing too feminine, but I have gone out while wearing women's athletic pants (with neon pink lines and pockets), as well as a men's shirt with bra and forms underneath. Subtle, yet enough to raise eyebrows if seen. I also went to the apartment complex gym in guy clothes but still wearing the bra and forms. Sure it was late and cold, so few were out and about, but Adyson felt so happy to be set free from her prison for a bit. An apartment starts to feel like a cell after a while, ya know?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    this is good news! Yay!!!! Great step forward!!!

Congrats!

joining a community like others like yourself will advance your perspective.

I live on the east coast USA, and I typically present as female, because it's just who I am, and I have gotten treated awesomely nicely, and still have yet to have rocks thrown at me.

Congrats!

Thanks!
    I still can't believe I did it.

no rush, people still look at me as if I'm crazy, I smile back
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Yes stay on the balcony or just small steps locally.
    For greater adventures and more safety, daytime walks in the park or the mall are the best.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's nice, safe progress Adyson - keep building your confidence...

And I've always wondered what was special about a balcony bra - now I know...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Crossdresser
    These are the steps that will lead to a full femmine outing one day so keep at it. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it is a great feeling once you get there. Go at your own pace and when you are ready, spread your wings and fly. I'm still up in the clouds from my second outing this weekend.

I'm not sure I'll ever understand it, but it sure does feel good, doesn't it? Good for you, life is short, have fun.

It will get easier and you will get better. Congrats

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Remember there are no tranny police.
    You just need to take small steps sweetie.
    Keep pushing the boundaries little by little.

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. I took another step, and even went to the dentist dressed, thanks to my girlfriends encouragement. She suggested I tell them I lost a bet thanks to the Broncos dismal performance in the superbowl. The ladies got a kick out of it, they thought I was so brave for actually going through with the bet. If only they knew...They teased me a bit, but it wasn't meant to be hurtful. It was...very liberating. Especially since I was in the dentist chair for 4 hours. Still, I'm too nervous to do it on a regular basis, but I'm pushing my boundaries and growing.

The past few nights, when all the other apartment lights go out and assumedly everyone is asleep, I've mustered the courage to dress up and step out onto my balcony. Just remember to always take your keys with you in case the balcony glass door accidentally locks behind you!

Thanks for the advice. I don't think my balcony door is the type that can lock like that though, but its definitely something that'd be a nightmare if it did happen.
    Last edited by Saikotsu; 02-08-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Well done! That's a good start. I only went as far as the postbox round the corner near my house (pretending to post a letter in the middle of the night LOL), but afterwards I was so happy that I couldn't wait to do it again. Yes, bring your keys AND the mobile, just in case!

Anything is good enough, just last week I finally had a few hours to dress. I get all dolled up and then look around at the closed doors and curtains down and the house a little dark and think to myself, all dressed and nowhere to go, almost like a jail feeling so I could only wish for your little steps. Good for you always push it a little further.

I am right there with you !! Been getting bolder and taking small steps too. And I so know how you feel it is such a great feeling !! You keep going girl !!!!!

It's amazing what a boost to the confidence it can be to go out and about. I went to the gym again around 2 a.m. and I did a pretty decent workout. But this time, i hardly felt worried. It's like night and day. Before, I was terrified someone would walk in on me while I was working out. This time, I hardly gave it any thought. It feels so liberating, I can't believe it.

@Maria 60.
    Thank you.
    It may be weird coming from me, but take your time. These baby steps were a long time in the making. I didn't suddenly decide to go out. It took years of building up the courage. But once I started to take those first steps, I found the subsequent ones get easier and easier.

@winci and Denise
    Congrats. We're in this together, let's keep trying to push ourselves little by little.

Congrats!
    Juliana

It's been a couple of weeks, how is the journey coming along?

Best wishes
    MsVal

Just keep taking those small steps. It took me years before I would go out. My first time out I went to a T friendly club. I was very nervous. The other cross dressers maid me feel right at home. I ended up having a great time.

Ranma would tackle it head on....well with a little help from Akane

Seriously though hon, sounds like you had a grand adventure, and those baby steps are what we need at first.
    You've already made it out the door, now go have fun!
    Barbie

It's a long journey just keep taking those baby steps and before long you will be walking in heels and a dress.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN