Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The future of CD?

The future of CD?

If you would speculate freely, what does the future hold for crossdressers and/or crossdressing?

For example, will the acceptance for CDs/CDIng in the society increase or reduce?

Will the borders between how women and men dress get erased?

Will scientific progress enable m2f bodyswapping on a whim? ;-)

Feel free to speculate what the future, say in 25 years time from now or any given time horizon, may be likely to look like.

Let's have some fun! :-)

/Bima

P.S. No need to respond on the particular 3 questions above, unless you want to. They merely aim to stimulate and exemplify the discussion.
    Last edited by Bima; 02-22-2014 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Language corrections. P.S. added

Platinum Member
    25 years from now, it will be possible to convey your consciousness, thoughts, all your memories to a vast array of quantum servers. You will live in the Internet, observe the world through interfaces as varied as refrigerators, smoke monitors and rain gauges...and while your physical body will have long since been disposed of at a rendering plant for fuel production, pet food and fertilizer, you'll be entertained by subroutines that simulate life as a physical being, gender and other attributes to be determined at random.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Ok I don't want to play now and I'm never watching the matrix again
    Barbie

Gone to live my life
    Hi Bima,

Interesting thread . . . hmm let me put on my head scarf and gaze into my crystal ball . . . Kaza, Kaza tell me crystal ball what does the future hold? Okay, I'll get serious . . . Isha can get a bit silly sometimes so my wife tells me.

I believe CDing will become more mainstream and accepted. We are already seeing younger gals coming out to the world with all the confidence of "I am here accept me or don't but I am not going anywhere". In addition, from my own experience I find people don't care when they see me out. Probably has something to do with being too wrapped up in their own lives to worry about the guy in the dress. However, this will depend on the political will of the day. It is possible down the line that some global uber-dictator will control the destiny of all and CDing will be outlawed but I like to think that won't happen.

Will male/female dressing lines disappear. I don't think so. Blend yes but disappear no. I don't think guys will suddenly start wearing sundresses just because it is fashionable. I also believe that even if clothing went neutral (pants, tops, shoes) there would still be subtle differences between male and female neutral garb.

MtF swapping in 25 years time? I doubt the technology will be there. I am sure medical science will grow leaps and bounds when it comes to SRS and cosmetic procedures to make you look more feminine or masculine. Just like I am sure by that time you will be able to walk into a esthetician and say, remove all my body hair with the "Dude looks like a lady laser machine" (don' steal my idea as I am going to have that name trademarked . . . okay being silly again).

So 25 years from now . . . I like to think the future is bright for us gals . . . but then again by that time I will be hoping that they can turn back the clock on us older gals by 20 or 30 years

Crystal ball and Isha out.

Hugs

Isha

If we continue the path we are on, it will continue to be more accepted. I think though, that the blending of styles may wax and wane. Right now we are seeing a blending of styles, specifically the mens fashions, more colors, more choices and more androgyny. That may be a phase, and I do think there will always be a definitive difference with fashions, and I actually want there to be. Although I do also think it is ok that there is a blending of fashion as well.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I was going to post earlier, but Kim had me looking for the commercial grade aluminum foil. Now that the windows are covered....

What will CDing look like in future? My guess is that much of the more progressive cultures will have worked out clothing options such that any CDing will be indistinguishable from other people walking down the street in urban areas. Part of CDing is being able to identify with you opposite gender, in most cases, feminine. If, in the future their is little to distinguish the masculine from the feminine then CDers will need to find other methods of gender expression.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

After consulting the magic orb, I've determined that there are 20 possible outcomes to the question "will Crossdressing be different in the future?" Those possibilities are . . . . . . . ready for it . . . . . . .
    ● It is certain
    ● It is decidedly so
    ● Without a doubt
    ● Yes definitely
    ● You may rely on it
    ● As I see it, yes
    ● Most likely
    ● Outlook good
    ● Yes
    ● Signs point to yes
    ● Reply hazy try again
    ● Ask again later
    ● Better not tell you now
    ● Cannot predict now
    ● Concentrate and ask again
    ● Don't count on it
    ● My reply is no
    ● My sources say no
    ● Outlook not so good
    ● Very doubtful

Take your pick.

Rhonda, always behind the 8 ball.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I love this question because I do think the path of evolution is bringing us as a civilization closer to accepting the fact that male/female traits exist in every individual. I believe the LGBT community is evidence that like anything living in this world, nature does not have hard-and-fast rules for homo sapiens.

But, there are days when being yourself is an uphill battle.

If I were to speculate freely about the future. I see a fundamental change in society.As women become more independent financially primarily due to education, the whole of society will change. Already I see men in TV commercials doing "women's work" and raising the children because the woman is the "breadwinner". Do I see men's fashion changing? Probably, but very slowly because it means redefining "masculinity" and "femininity" and marriage. Darn, my crystal ball broke again, next time I won't buy one on clearance but it was so cheap and cute and it matched my decor.

i believe it has already evolved, the younger clubbing sect was never seen and most likely never be accepted in my youth.

i hope that the borders remain, i think that is why i have fun with it. but thoughts of "ruby" "Buzzzzzzt" in "the fifth element" come to mind.
    hope in the future we will all receive the rock star treatment of a reality show judge that can wear women's clothes next to one of the more beautiful women of this time (i have some of her clothing line) and not even here a weird comment about it.
    then later see that person in full femme.

i remember a movie where they invented a machine that could record your thoughts and feelings, then someone else could play it back and and have those sensations, always wanted it to be true, and one day feel what it really does feel to be a women, not just pretend.
    so maybe something like that in the future since your talking 25 years, but i wont be around to see it....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Aspiring Member
    My expectation is over the coming years we will continue to make advances due to those brave souls who are willing to live openly and true to themselves, while there will be setbacks as some marginal people will try to excuse their failings as gender related (for every 2 steps forward, 1 step back). But eventually there will be an acceptance of diversity in gender and other aspects of life. Individual TG people will become a part of everyday life and find themselves being judged/objectified for their appearance much like GGs are today.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    Many companies now have firm policies that their employees must be able to recite requiring equal treatment of CD customers.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Aspiring Member
    Twenty five years from now I will be a centenarian, sitting in my rocking chair going: "Harrumpph. Why, in my day......"

However, to use just one example of rapid change, recall the sudden long hairstyles on men after the Beatles had been in the US. Can happen in small ways or big ways.

Ineke

Played this game back in the 50's, I'm still waiting for my flying car, I' think I'll pass on this one, I don't want to depress anyone.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Bima View Post
    If you would speculate freely, what does the future hold for crossdressers and/or crossdressing? For example, will the acceptance for CDs/CDIng in the society increase or reduce?
    We will become more accepted, just like homosexuality and minorities have, to the point where we won't be noticed much.
    Will the borders between how women and men dress get erased?
    Probably not so much; men will dress in ways that we think will get women to notice us, and women will do the reverse. Appearance is the primary thing that we notice about another, way before we know anything else about someone we're attracted to.
    Will scientific progress enable m2f bodyswapping on a whim? ;-)
    Not likely in the even near future. That will stay in science fiction.

While gender bending in general will increase in visibility, I don't think there will be any great change in what women find attractive and/or a sexual turn on in their men, nor will there be much of a change in what turns them off (feminine behavior/appearance which could make our masculinity suspect). So much of attraction is based on subconscious thoughts and beliefs, what people like to refer to as chemistry (although psychologists have figured it all out, most don't want to believe that, preferring to believe in magical thinking, fate, a higher power directing their lives, etc.).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I see a very bright future ahead for our lifestyle. There is no question that the pendulum of cd stigma is swinging from contempt to ambivalence; not yet full acceptance but ranging with ambivalence. That range has come because of the army of cders that venture out into public + the volumes of men who are closeted cders + the greater demonization of our culture + the legal / societal advances of the LGBT movement. What I have randomnly observed is that there are many more men , then statistically estimated, that enjoy wearing some form of female clothing / undergarments . It is no secret that wearing female undergarments is sexual, peaceful & wonderful. What man can honestly deny those factors?
    It has been well spoken by my forum colleagues that the younger generation of cders will face a totally different cd environment when they reach middle age. That generation is so fortunate. Again, the only constant in life is change... & the cd evolution of acceptance ( even if passive ) cannot be stopped because our numbers grow exponentially . Peace to all, Melissa
    Last edited by Melissa in SE Tn; 02-22-2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Wrong word typed- lesser rather than greater demonization of our culture

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    I don't see much fundamental change. Some places will be more open and accepting, but the workplace isn't going to change all that much and most women aren't going to like CD with their significant others more in the future than they do now. I can see more people working from home where htey will have more opportunities to dress. And the body changing thing is unlikely IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    25 years from now, it will be possible to convey your consciousness, thoughts, all your memories to a vast array of quantum servers. You will live in the Internet, observe the world through interfaces as varied as refrigerators, smoke monitors and rain gauges...and while your physical body will have long since been disposed of at a rendering plant for fuel production, pet food and fertilizer, you'll be entertained by subroutines that simulate life as a physical being, gender and other attributes to be determined at random.
    You mean we're all going to end up as holograms "living" in a "Soylent Green" version of the physical world??? Yikes!

Silver Member
    A lot of "food for thought" from previous posts! In fashion and makeup, we are already at another level than even one generation ago. There has been feminine "boyfriend" attire, and men's clothing has blossomed out with bold bright colors, softer materials, and more trim fitted fashions. Even some shoe styles, both gals and guys, look alike, as do sweaters. jackets. and some jeans. The makeup scene is growing & will continue to get huge as more guys are "taking care of their body" including facial and body surgery, as women have done for years. Some future changes will be created by fashion, while others may be influenced by health and government safety issues. and may cause a "blending" of genders. Most of us are not privileged to "see" what is now happening behind the scenes with secret testing, and will have to wait for those new moments of discovery.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    You mean we're all going to end up as holograms "living" in a "Soylent Green" version of the physical world??? Yikes!
    Yes, it is inevitable. Resistance is futile.

Well, actually not everyone will be able to afford digitizations. I'm afraid pet food is the only other option.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 02-22-2014 at 11:36 AM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Bima,
    In my humble opinion.........
    Acceptance in cross-dressing will gain momentum.
    Borders may get blurred between how men and women dress, but don't hold your breath.
    Individual choice reigns supreme here.
    The opposites will still want to attract and will wear clothing appropriate to the moment.
    Scientific progress will enable body swapping.
    You will just have to watch Deep space Nine to keep up to date on that.

It is quite likely I will still be around in twenty five years but the acceptance of cross-dressing may not have fully evolved by then.

Taxes will still be in vogue and the picture of the reigning president of the moment will still feature on the three dollar bill.
    That is the only forecast I am prepared to make.

See what I have to say on this subject in the forum twenty five years from now........
    I might have a new avatar by then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I don't see much change at all. The laws may change and workplace rules may change, but I just don't see any universal acceptance of guys in dresses! We'll always be pervs. The best I hope for is just being ignored, and that's pretty much what I see right now.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    as cliche as it sounds... on a to know your future is to know your past kinda thing...how far has it come really in the past 30, 40, years?? It been very small babysteps if it made any progress at all...but the biggest advancement has to be the internet and its wealth of knowledge, which has been a great help to everyone socially and educationally ...maybe this is the tool to use to make it more acceptable to people as well..Maybe future generations will be more accepting...that type of acceptance to alternative lifestyles has been steadily increasing already. Now if we could just get those closet queens to stop posting dirty pictures on facebook...we might improve our image.

i'm a Pacific North West gurl that has lived in a few other places, but i always find my way back.
    last year one of the designers made a line of unisex clothing, dresses for guys, that didn't seem to make it out this year--too bad. all of the lines in our society are blurring there is not reason to believe that CD-ing will not reap the benefits.
    hugs,
    lesli

CDing is a lot more accepted now than it was 25 or 50 years ago, and I think its acceptance will continue to grow over the next 25 years.

As far as predicting the next 25 years, all I can say is the world will be a lot different than it is now.