Thread: CDing in the Post Apocalyptic World

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gone to live my life

CDing in the Post Apocalyptic World

Hi all,

While I normally like to post thought provoking threads, I thought I would take a more fun approach on this one inspired by Bima's "Future of CD" post. So here it goes.

Now while this may seem like a frivolous thread designed with humour (it's main intent), there is an undercurrent of seriousness to this which is why I placed it in this section. Specifically, a lot of threads discuss "how important dressing is to you and could you give it up?" I for one don't think I could, not even under this absolute worse case scenario. So . . . Could you give up CDing given the circumstances below?

Pick you poison ladies . . . zombies, evil corporation, atomic war, aliens. However you spin it, you now live in a world that has been reduced to a post apocalyptic wasteland. There is no power, no running water and definitely no hair or nail salons. Laser hair reduction or electrolysis . . . not happening. Make-up is a luxury that disappeared when Sephora and MAC stores were razed to the ground during the early days of the apocalypse and the best you can hope for is to find some used lip balm. Breast forms melted in the fires of destruction and padded panties were buried under the rubble of chaos. Wigs, let's just say they held no value in a post apocalyptic society so have long disappeared or been turned into insulation. There is some good news . . . female clothing is pretty much still available although runs more to the practical (pants, boots, coats, tactical body armour) with strappy wedge sandals, stilettos, LBDs, skirts and lingerie in short, short supply . . . think you would have to sell your soul to get these items.

So my question . . . how would you choose to express your feminine side in such a post apocalyptic world where removal of body hair would be difficult at the best of times and doing so would require the use of a very sharp knife (no MACH 3 razors to be had or Nair depilatory cream). Clothing is more practical. Hair . . . well if you can grow it you can have it. Make-up and breast forms . . . not happening.

Now I for one believe when push comes to shove that survival will win out over the need to dress but that need (for me at least) will not be abated regardless of evil corporations, zombies or alien invaders. So I think I would most likely find a way to express myself in the clothing I choose. Let's face it, in a post apocalyptic society, who is going to hack on you for how you dress. Now I would like to think I could rock "picture 2" but given that my laser reduced beard will most likely make a reappearance, make-up is nonexistent and hair (let's just say I am follicle challenged) I would have to go more with "picture 1" as it hides a multitude of sins. However, if push comes to shove I would still go with "picture 2" on occasion just to say "Hey zombies . . . I can kick your a@# and still look pretty doing it."

Oh you may ask how am I filling out the top part of my outfits without breast forms . . . that's what socks and other such items were invented for.

So back to the original question ladies. Would you just revert back to your male self in a post apocalyptic world or would you find a way to express your inner girl?

Hugs

Isha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marcelle; 02-23-2014 at 07:54 AM.