Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CDing in the Post Apocalyptic World

I've also always been a fan of Mila. Tank Girl! Yeah!

Christen x
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 02-27-2014 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Subject you refered to has been deleted.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Ironically, in a post-apocalyptic world self expression would be easier. I have enough guns and ammo to get through the day to day, so without having to worry about going to work every day, I would not worry about fitting in. Nail polish would help protect nails from breaking, I would wear lipstick instead of lip balm, and eye makeup would be hidden behind sunglasses as extra protection from the sun. Skirts are more comfortable and utilitarian than pants during the summer, and my shoulder bag would hold everything that used to go in pants pockets. With a rifle on the back, of course. Like a pirate, if you are an outlaw all bets are off. And when the Zombies attack, aim for the head... And if anyone gave me a hard time about my appearance, that would be a sure sign that that individual was a zombie. Aim for the head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Gone to live my life
    Hi all,

Thanks for the fun replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Haylette View Post
    ... I'm going to make a new duct tape dress once I get some time.
    That's the spirit Kate . . . improvise and accessorize

Quote Originally Posted by MeDeanna View Post
    I'm thinking that with a sharp-edged tool, I could definitely carve out a nice pair of heels.

Not even an apocalypse can dampen the human impulse to improvise.
    You could also use the heels as a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    ...Isha you have too much time on your hands honey....... Lol
    Ahh . . . but a girl has to have fun now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    ...Ms Beckinsale - she always had better heels than Mila and that would swing it for me
    I hear you . . . she does have better heels

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie Anne View Post
    This girl has no desire to become the "Belle of the ball" so to speak!
    I'm with you there . . . don't want to look too pretty. Perhaps a scruffy face is not such a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    I'll just learn to shave with my machete that I also use to cut down feral mutants/zombies and the like). The radiation will probably burn away my hair anyway.
    Ouch . . . now there's dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by Aretha View Post
    I would be a hairy Samurai with some very ,very feminine gestures and mannerisms.
    LOL and a good visual

Quote Originally Posted by natalie edwards View Post
    IDK...but if Ginger could come up with all these things on a deserted island I think there is still hope!
    I never thought of that . . . Ginger for leader of the new world!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    And, when the end of civilization comes? Sherry will be ready
    I want you as my fashion consultant in the new order.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Ines View Post
    I'm now the leader of the NTWO, if you want your girly comforts you have to come to me...for a price....you work for me now
    I'd work for you any day.

Hugs all

Isha
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 02-27-2014 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Subject you refered to has been deleted.

As it's sunday evening and I'm doing my ritual Walking Dead thing, I must throw Michonne's hat into the ring. She's hot and nobody's messing with her. It doesn't get much more sexy AND tough than her.
    Barbie

I am also waiting for the Walking Dead. This thread has made me think of adding some razors to my EOTWAWKI stash, and some pantyhose. You can't kill zombies with runs in your hose.

If it happens, I will change my name to mad maxine
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

It reminds me of the episode of the Dilbert animated series where the satellites got screwed up and civilization collapsed. Everything was OK though because one of the characters went to Renaissance Fairs and knew what to do!

In a real post-apocolyptic world remember that our population is about seven times what it was in the pre-technology era and without that technology about nine in ten of us will die before we figure out how to survive.

To get an idea of what you'd be up against, go to 22:30 in this video:

I don't think that how I'm dressed would even enter my mind.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Lori Grimes (front) Beth (3rd) and Maggie (coming in the door) Greene also did ok, all things considered... So did Andrea. Carrol Peletier (middle) and Michonne (not shown) scare me a little bit though....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 5150 Girl; 02-24-2014 at 11:03 AM.

That would actually make it easier for me. My female alter ego would strive in that kind of environment. If it's anything like the films, more and more people will be eccentric. Perhaps as a coping mechanism or maybe as a form of expression. Either way it'll be a lot of fun.

I think I'd be somewhere between Aeon Flux and Tank Girl
    Last edited by Jennifer S; 02-27-2014 at 07:55 AM.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    In that world I think I would go with the Mad Max look, a female look could get a girl in trouble if you know what I mean!
    i was kind of thinking the same thing!

This reminds me of the character Lance from the Robotech series. After Earth is destroyed, repopulated, then invaded and occupied by aliens, Lance is part of the counter-invasion to take Earth back. They fail, and to survive he disguises himself as a woman... and ends up becoming a famous female singer, the Yellow Dancer.
    ♥ Emily Amber ♥

It would have to be one of my childhood cinema crushes: Daryl Hannah in Blade Runner.

More likely, I would be in "drab" leather and skulls during the day. And when I got back to my cave after stealing fuel and hunting for food I would retire to my special "cavern" and transform into Sean Young: leopard and wolf skin pull overs with a woven undergarment that I stole off a different clan.

Who knew the apocalypse would be so fun?
    Last edited by Taylor Ray; 02-26-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Hi,

Listening to all the comments and it sounds good just one miner detail stands out, id be packing some armoury and not wonting to look like any woman

Have you for got what happens in wars , by the invading forces, what happens to us, men being what they are, or your other strange beings, the four things id be looking for food water and dig's and warm clothes regardless of style or what they looked like, and boots, ya ya i know army boots, .

...noeleena...

Since I have my own hair.. no wigs would not be a problem for me. No make-up... I'll just scrape some red paint for my lips.. and use ashes (it's a post-apocalyptic world, right? there must be burnt stuff everywhere!) for my eyes..

Now, no stiletto heels?! That is unacceptable! And after I have all the basic stuff covered (water, food, kick-ass outfit).. I'd probably head out and scavenge any metal rods.. and attach them to my boots.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Ish
    Great thread.
    I think personally, that what you propose woud require less thought about what Im wearing and more about surviving. Women wear Jeans and T shirts for a reason. They are practical. Try fighting zombies in 5" heels. Your not going to get far..
    Acrylic finger nails (great for gouging out eyes)
    Suspender (garter) belt as a sling shot
    Hairspray/perfume - great as a flame thrower
    Hair pins - not as useful as an M16 or Samurai sword
    5" heels - close quarters weapon
    Much more than this I couldnt say.
    I think in a post apocolyptic world I would be too concerned looking after my family (if they are still alive) after all thats what a man does, rather than looking for a the latest fashion tights.
    Actually I would probably be Logan from Logans run and wear a boilersuit.
    Last edited by Ellie52; 02-27-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Always been a fan of Mila, so like her look. I suppose stilettos are out of the question, so a Cuban would have to do, until I could get back to my armoured fortress.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I'd probably be practical, whether that would be in guy or girl mode, but it's funny that Walking Dead came up, I just watched Sunday's episode and started thinking how awesome it would be if Michonne found a dress in one of the houses they were raiding, and it was in a dude's closet.

I've been thinking, I probably wouldn't last long in an apocalyptic situation, So, I think I would give serious consideration to dressing to the 9's and step into the thick of whatever is going on. If I'm going to be killed anyway, I might as well go pretty!

Let me see....

Approaching my 50s, single, unmarried, childless, and virtually no friends.

Crap! I think that I am already living in the Post apocalyptic world.

Nevertheless, I still got CDing, fashion is good in this version of the post apocalyptic world, and I got my sense of humor and good mood intact. :-)))

/Bima
    Thanks Isha for picking up the future theme. Good fun!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Bima; 03-14-2014 at 03:08 PM.

I have been making cosplay for years with materials I have had on hand that can be found just about anywhere. I also know how to make legit armor, leather working, and weapons. There are plenty of ways to take what is at hand and make something very feminine.

I consider myself TS so I would say there is no reverting back to male mode and just forgetting about it. Its as deep a part of who I am at the very core as it is for survival. I am in the process of laser hair removal at the moment so I will say that when s*** hits the fan, its already done and I dont have to worry about facial/chest hair. As previously mentioned, there are plenty of ways for makeup. That makeup could be just as much a part of survival skills as hunting or fishing. It is the difference between people seeing you and not.

Now, in terms of wardrobe, I think I would adopt a wardrobe similar to the pictures linked. They are all very feminine as they are practical. I guarantee that by the time you actually saw what I was wearing, I would have already determined if you were a threat or not and would have already either killed you or befriended you.
    I was raised in the wilderness and know how to survive, disappear, and use the elements to my advantage. I would leave modern life behind in a fraction of a second if the occasion arose. I would be a zombie/alien/cannibal/whatever else came my ways worst nightmare. I guarantee it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

I thin in a post apocalyptic world I'd be more interested in finding shotguns than clothes lol. Once humanity was saved I'd be overdue for some shopping though.