Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stereotypes of crossdressers.

Stereotypes of crossdressers.

What stereotypes have you ladies come across being a crossdresser? Seems like every man I meet online thinks because I crossdress that automatically mean I want to sleep with every man I see. Which obviously isn't true. But on the other hand when I go out to CD parties and such all the men there are usually complete gentleman. They hold good conversation and are completely respectful of me. Then you have the men online who throw hissy fits if I tell them I'm not interested. In a nut shell it seems that a lot of men think just because we crossdress it means we are ****s. What other stereotypes have you ladies come across in your crossdressing adventures?

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    This dovetails into yours; but just because I crossdress, it's assumed I'm gay. Or assumed I want to live as a woman. Not my current SO mind you... But it's happened in the past.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i thought everyone who crossdressed was gay....isnt that the rule? ..............btw im kidding so please dont take that ignorant statement serious

I don't think that there are any others.
    Probably being heterosexual and married with children....(Al Bundy here) could be a stereotypical example.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

"Oh I'm a lumberjack and it's ok" Please dear god somebody get that. I feel old enough just bringing it up lol.
    Barbie

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    i thought everyone who crossdressed was gay....isnt that the rule? ..............btw im kidding so please dont take that ignorant statement serious
    I think that just a big a misconception as all of us being hookers. Just because we crossdress it automatically mean we are gay. Me personally I am bi. But I only date women, I wouldn't ever date a man. I'm extremely picky with guys anyways. Plus not many people know my CD secret and I have no desire to let everyone know. None of their business. My mom knows and supports me and that's all that matters.

Banned Read only
    The guys you're talking about have too many hangups, living in a cyber dream world, now as a Cder you sound like a normal balanced person just having a good time.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yea i agree with Teresa....thats the shady cyber world....thats why I love it in here...you gals are all ok in my book....i forget this fact sometimes then i log into facebook and up pops a picture of an unshaven man in a thong and im reminded again.

Quote Originally Posted by teresa View Post
    The guys you're talking about have too many hangups, living in a cyber dream world, now as a Cder you sound like a normal balanced person just having a good time.
    Exactly. Girls just wanna have fun! It's fun experiencing life from the perspective of both sexes. I think the world would be a lot better place if everyone experienced life from both sides. Even if it's just once.

yea i agree with Teresa....thats the shady cyber world....thats why I love it in here...you gals are all ok in my book....i forget this fact sometimes then i log into facebook and up pops a picture of an unshaven man in a thong and im reminded again.
    I get that crap constantly. My profile will clearly state I'm looking for a PASSABLE or at the very least semi passable CD to be friends with and I get hairy men in bras and panties asking me to hang out. No, sorry. Lol
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-23-2014 at 10:54 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts multiposting is not allowed.

One thing is the misperception of crossdressers want to be a woman. Thing is not all crossdressers want to be a woman

tiffanynjcd

Indeed. I have do desire to be a woman. I'm perfectly comfortable being a man that dresses like a woman sometimes. Lol. Although I do wish I could dress up more than I do but such is life.
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-23-2014 at 10:55 AM. Reason: No need to quote the post, please read the rules regarding quoting posts.

Same here gurl. But are you happy with being a crossdresser

Platinum Member
    The on line environment is a haven for immaturity and predators.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teresa View Post
    Yeah, Teresa hit it perfect. I'm just a well adjusted person that has an extra life to have fun with. And I too really love it here. I keep waiting for the gay thing to happen although I'm about as happy as a person can be.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    Unfortunately that is where the large mass of public opinion sits. The problem is that when dealing with such a very touchy subject, I think we tend not to correct this kind of misinformation. At the least, it would put us in the spotlight. At worst, it could almost be like a public outing.

People who hold these misinformed opinions are not predisposed to challenge their beliefs. They are perfectly happy and think that they know precisely what is going on. In that kind of environment, nothing changes very easily. It is almost like they have to be confronted by someone the know well. They just won't get the information any other way.

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbie Anne View Post
    "Oh I'm a lumberjack and it's ok"
    "I chop down trees, I wear high heels, Suspenders and a bra."
    I'm right there with you, Barbie

Yes dear.........Monty Python. the epitome of classic Brit humor. Love them.
    Sure I'm from the U.S. but I prefer humor that exercises the old noggin
    Barbie

ive been called gay, confused , miss guided etc... im not one to judge anyone and dont get why people automatically assume those notions ( not that i have anything against other peoples beliefs ) I myself have been married 9 years to my beautiful wife and have a 3 year old son and im perfectly happy!!! i think that in societys view all of us that CD are wierd and not normal.... well what is "normal" anyways??? to all if us gurls here this is normal behavior to us. where does society derive the normalcy. other people i know have wierd things they do and to me its wierd. i say that stereotyping any one is wrong and 99% of the time the stereotypes are wrong its like saying that all irish are drunks ( and im all irish too lol )

I've never encountered any stereotypes in person as a girl, I've only had great experiences there. As a guy I have heard friends and people I know make negative comments about transvestites all being like gay prostitutes and being weirdos like buffalo bill...all preconceived ideas they have gotten from movies with no educational background to the subject of course. The other scenario of stereotypes would be like yours online as a female. I omegle often when I come home from a girls night out and my gf decides to go to sleep early so I'm bored with nowhere to go. Most guys think that I'm a gg that I run into on omegle, about half of the girls think so to. Of coarse omegle might not be a good judging point because the majority of guys on their are looking for sex and think that every girl wants to watch them masturbate or should show boobs on cam. I usually next those guys, sometimes I mess with them even though I don't like deceiving guys sometimes I get tired of the rude horny *******s out there that treat women like their objects of masterbation and that girls should give them their demands while they have no concerns for the person on the other end. They just seem so selfish to me. Anyways sorry for the tangent, I've gotten people call me tranny and lots of other nasty names, usually only one person out of the bunch when chatting in chatrooms. Its usually just one person if any that wants to scream to the group that you're a guy and disgusting etc. And when people ask I do tell them I am tg. I'm open about it with those who ask or often tell people up front. But normally others don't care that I'm tg and some take up for me against the idiot shouting like a kid. Sorry I might have rambled too much and got sidetrack from topic, I'm bad at doing that. Sorry.

In addition I have heard my mom make a few comments in a negative way about the subject. With the recent TG student winning homecoming queen she made a comment about the world becoming so screwed up that people don't know what they are etc and people need Jesus etc blah blah bullsh%%...It hurts me to think that she would say the same about me...Her delusions of LGBT being s
    a sin and sick etc etc with her religious delusions is the reason she will more than likely never find out....
    Last edited by GenieGirl; 02-23-2014 at 12:50 PM.

I may be a lumber jack and I don't care, however, I don't hang around in bars. That song is funny to no end. Time for the spam song now.... and now for something completely different.....

Rachel,
    love the guitar, did that lead to your feminine desire to dress? (only kidding).

There is a misconception about cross dressing. People who do not understand it will assume that you must be gay and you just have not realized it yet. My wife had questioned me in that regard. I have no desires to attract the same sex, nor do I want to think of it. If I was a real woman I would not have any interest in men. If you are listing yourself as a cross dresser online on dating web sites, all you will get are men, and perhaps those that solicit you are probably gay or just odd. In general, gay men are not attracted to women which is a fact. The fact that most of us want to live as we desire, to have the freedom to express ourselves and to be liberated from the drab rules, one would think you dress the way you do to attract men. Perhaps a small percentage do, majority of us do not. Only you can decide how far you are willing to go. I would rather stay in the closet....

By the way, Nice Jackson Guitar. Have to love South Street shopping! My favorite shop to visit is Passonal Boutique, was not on south street but now they opened up a second store. Either that or New Hope Le Chateau Exotique. I always seem to come home with something when I shop at either place.

I think that it is fair that a person that knows no better would judge any non-traditional male as gay.

Gay-or-straight - that's an uninformed person's first cut in judging a man's orientation. They don't know about the difference between CD/TG/TS and may not even care to know.

This isn't their fault. To members of the community it is a real big deal but to the general public, it's unnecessary trivia.

It's like the difference between F3E and G3E radio emissions classifications.
    (F3E - Frequency Modulation, G3E - Phase Modulation)

Yeah, I'm a geek.

Best wises
    MsVal

By the way, Nice Jackson Guitar.

The one in that picture is an Aria Pro II Excel Series. It was my first electric so I'll never get rid of it. But I do own a Jackson Randy Rhoands and a Jackson Dinky.I adore Jackson guitars. You can check out my six string stylings at youtube.com/uptheirons726 but be warned, its a tall, lanky dude playing, not Rachel. Lol. I've been dying to jam dressed, just haven't gotten around to it.

Banned Read only
    @Rachel - honey, guys online just assume that *all* women they meet online want to sleep with them. TG girls are no different. What would be interesting, though, is to figure out statistically whether we get more, fewer, or about the same number of pictures of men's junk mailed to us.

You are an amazing guitar player!
    Dana

Gold Member
    There are a lot of them. Just watch someone dress up as a woman for halloween. It tends to bring out some of the stereotypes. Big boobs, huge wigs, and of course sequined dresses.