Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shaved legs in the winter

There is no better feeling than freshly shaved silky smooth legs!

For me though, it's the other way around in terms of seasons... I usually can't be bothered to shave my legs during the winter, since I'm always cold. I just wear leggings or jeans.

But now, it's almost March and pretty okay temperatures.. so hello Mr. Razor!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

its becoming mainstream..i know lots of cyclists.. i have taken up the shaving, but not gotten around to actually riding yet ; )

but seriously i love smooth legs but hate stubble, so i have started epilating, first with tweezers, now with a machine, especially so my bum bottom and font bottom so i look better in lace, and feel nicer in satin. its still summer here so i haven't taken it below the shorts line yet..but i am beginning to resent the hair on my chest and stomach.

Last winter was the first time i shaved my legs, i was amazed how every blemish becomes so obvious, and the same with close fitting clothing..i have even been dieting so i can make the most of my shape wear. i don't even need to dress sometimes, i feel so much more femme in the nude with my smooth bottom and legs. My wife understands why i like it, and i fully intend to blame her liking it when someone notices.

Banned Read only
    I do year round.
    My justification to my wife when I started was that I was working 12 hour shifts outside; it gets kind of cold in Minnesota in the winter. I wore UnderArmour and similar compression thermal wear. Wearing that stuff up to and over 14 hours a day tugs at hair after a while. She accepted that explanation for the colder months. As the temperatures got warmer, I opened up to her about my dressing.
    I've kept smooth since.

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit

shaved legs in the winter

I now shave my legs year round... and other areas... I don't feel right unless I do.

But, before I went full time I would shave my legs and wore shorts outside in public in the Spring to Fall months. No one has ever said a thing to me. Many men around in my area ride bicycles on the weekends for fun. Great excuse if someone asks.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

I pretty much keep my bottom half shaved weekly. My gf asked earlier in our relationship and I plainly told her that I've done it for years, the hair drives me nuts if I don't. I shave my legs usually every Thursday morning and touch up everything else. Armpits? Yep, that's the hard one to do. I wear sleeveless shirts a lot when the weather turns warm.... that's the next hurdle. Not sure how I'll handle that.

Suzanne

I have kept my legs shaved year round for 10+ years. I have NEVER had any comments. But I at the stage in my life that I don't care what anyone thinks.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Quote Originally Posted by Hicuts View Post
    My doctor, a woman, asked me why I shaved my legs
    I looked at her and said, "The same reason you do, to remove the hair." She simply smiled and said " touche".
    Best answer ever!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    It's always best to say little or nothing. I never give reasons for what I do. As far as I'm concerned, what I'm doing is what everyone should be doing and would be doing if they weren't so afraid of everything!

Nobody really notices. I have been hair free on most parts of the body below the ears for many years now and do a lot of beach and public pool swimming in the summer down this way. Most likely they are distracted by the polished toenails and navel jewellery, still nothing said but the occasional look at the nails..it takes more than shaved/waxed legs to get a comment these days!

I take it you are out to your wife does your sister know of you dressing

Platinum Member
    Hi Trisha, Don't worry that is now the new normal.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have shaved my legs for quite a few years now and although I am a dedicated shorts wearer nobody has commented apart from a few years ago a member of our club asked if I did, but I laughed it off. Possibly others speculate but haven't said anything. A couple of years some very old friends commented that I no longer had "Hobbit" toes, but they were on a "fishing trip" due to other clues, but that is a tale for another day.

Think it is becoming more common place as I have just seen Veet for men in a local shop, and it wasn't in a cosmipolitan centre

Helena

I'm glad I didnt shave my legs this winter!! It was brutally cold! :O

I have shaved my legs for years all the time, but I never wore shorts that much, well last year I started wearing shorts to work and no one said anything, my Mom had been after me for a long time as to why I didn't wear shorts when it was so hot. So I wore my shorts around her and she never said a word, I also started shaving my arms last year too and nothing was said about that.. now the other part of that is I have hair half way down my back as you can see in my photo here and it is cut in a ladies style. I also keep my eyebrows waxed and my nails clear polished most of the time... now I am sure people wonder but no one says anything. I have also started wearing ladies jeans and tops around town. Some people are talking and asking questions but not to me yet, I also wore ladies shorts last year and Mom said something about them being too short and I said no they aren't and that was all that was said about that. Most all my tops are ladies and the jeans and shorts are as well. Of course panties and camisoles are normal as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Mz Jenna J. View Post
    I'm glad I didnt shave my legs this winter!! It was brutally cold! :O
    That is why they make pantyhose sweetie....lol

I shaved mine a couple weeks ago, think I will keep them shaved after reading this. I really do prefer smooth legs and if nobody seems to notice, it's all good! Funny thing is since I've shaved them my psorisis problem on both legs has cleared up. That is a huge bonus!

Reality Check
    I find it very difficult to believe that a wife wouldn't notice if her husband shaved his legs unless he had very little hair to begin with. I'm assuming of course that they sleep together and have sex once in a while.

As for others noticing, some men have very littl body hair, others resemble Sasquatch. If you are the former, people aren't likely to notice if you shave the rest off as long as you keep it off. You can't go back and forth.

If you are the latter (Sasquatch), people will certainly notice if you show up one day shaved. I'm somewhere in between the two so I just use a man's groomer with a guide and keep the hair short. It would be nice to shave it smooth but at my age you can't just make a major change without people noticing and asking why.

Aspiring Member
    Once I get my weight down and can properly cross my legs knee over knee I would like to try shaving my legs. That way my legs would probably look more attractive since I do have a nice pair of legs. My grandmother told me that I had a pair of legs that any girl would want.

I tell anyone who asks, and they are damn few, that I spend seven or eight hours a week in a gym working out, and why should I want to cover the muscles that have resulted with ugly fur as if I was just another overweight, out-of-shape American man.

i shaved mine they feel so good in nylon going shave they all the time

My wife once said to me, don't shave your legs you will never be able to stop. I think any woman knows the real advantages and the fall back excuse is that its for looks...ie:for the guys benefit. So any explaination like, 'I tried it once for fun' is all you need to say. You will get a nod of approval.
    Chickie

Banned Read only
    I keep my legs shaved through out the year, i hate man fur, but my legs are always in 3/4 leggings so i dont get cold, if im really cold i put some thick wool leg warmers on which keeps me toasty.

I've only recently shaved my legs for the very first time. It was a lovely experience, but somewhat difficult to reach everywhere. It was worth it when I slipped on stockings over my bare legs for the first time I need to keep them shaved, but I've stopped wearing shorts for now (at least until I have The Talk (tm) with my wife, which should be next week or so. Of course, I live in Texas where the temperatures soar in the summer (we had two weeks straight of 100+ temperatures last summer, I think), so not wearing shorts will itself begin to look a bit odd.

Megan

Just the feel of freshly shaved legs is wonderful, especially after you apply some moisturizing lotion makes them so soft and smooth...used to only do below the knee, tried full leg and wow love it. Recently just have begun to hate any type of body hair!

I've been shaving my legs for a year now and I love it. Nobody said anything until last week when one of my wife's friends asked me. Told her that I did because I was tired of the patchy hair. She was cool with it, and thought they looked good. Wife told her the less hair the better!