Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toenail polish in the summer?

i wish I had the guts to have my toes painted,i keepmy legs shaved fall,winter and I hate the thoughts of summer and not having my legs shaved

god I envy some of you gurls,my wife would have a fit if she thought that somebody could see me in hose and with nails painted,it wouldn't matter to me but it definitely embarrass her

Summer has just finished here. Flip-flops are what we call thongs down this part of the world (yes, I can hear the chorus of laughter already!). when I was wearing thongs (on my feet) over the last summer, I had very shiny clear lacquer going on all toes and the last two toes on each foot done in bright red. sure, people look, but not one comment in the adverse and I wouldn't care if they did. I started going out with my fingers done (pale pink glitter) after seeing that Seal does it openly when he was hosting a talent show down here, the only comments I got were positive.

I am soooo glad I started this thread! Thank you girls for all the great comments! They are so fun to read and help build confidence

I am just gonna keep my nails painted and see what happens. Part of me actually wants people to notice I already go swimming twice a week with nail polish on my toenails (though it's a light pink and not very visible...). I am just thinking I want to do more and show my pretty feet to other people We only live once.

As far as the shaved legs are concerned, I am not concerned since I am a road biker and 7000 miles/year totally justify (actually: make mandatory) leg shaving! There is absolutely no way I would go back to hairy legs... It's part of the roadie (that's how we're called... lol) culture! Now, shaving my armpits and wearing lace panties, leggings and high heels are a little harder to justify Oh well...

xoxo
    Kellie

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD21 View Post
    I personally like the iridescent polish for Summer. It goes on clear and makes your nails shiny. Then when light hits them, they reflect shades of pink and purple. Subtle in most instances. But quite pretty in the right light.
    Any particular brand that you can recommend? I wax back and forth between dressing fully, but I always have freshly pedicured feet - it's a thing my wife and I share. She knows about my dressing but isn't necessarily understanding or accepting of it, but she doesn't totally freak out when our pedicurist jokes about me getting my toenails painted.

--
    To the thread's question, I agree that it's about owning your IDGAF attitude about it. Before my wife and I lived together, I wore polish ALL THE TIME, and not subtle colors either. My toes were either bright pink, "I'm Not Really A Waitress" red, or deep blue with white frenched tips, and outside of work hours, I lived in flip-flops. On the rare occasion that someone asked, my answer was, "It's just something I do." I got a lot of compliments on my toes, and was even asked for salon recommendations. (In some ways I wish I'd been more confident and able to pursue those conversations toward a dating end, but that's a time gone by...)

Flip flops are the grey baggy tracksuit of the apparel world. Better than crocs, but only marginally so. no matter what you do to your toes, you'll still be wearing flip flops. They're not staring at your pedi.

I'm sure many will notice, but few will comment. As long as you are prepared to deal with any negative reactions that may arise, then enjoy. As for me, I would not do it.

Check out http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TMO5C0?tag=wat002-20

CND Effects Sapphire Sparkle or Amethyst Sparkle
    Try one coat, then maybe a second coat.

You can search for iridescent nail polishes like http://www.sallyhansen.com/nails/nai...%A2-nail-color
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    As for flip flops..... I say Burn them! Burn them all, burn them now, and burn them fast! Take the ashes out into the desert, and bury them in deepest hole you ca possibly dig!!!!
    I never start my day until I have had a laugh and this was mine for today, thank you
    I agree, I hate flip flops, anything on my feet must be completely secured to them. I used to wear sandals with ankle/heel straps though until I burned by feet so bad 8 years ago in the summer. The doctor though I had literally tried to cook them in an oven. The tan/burn lines were visible up until last year. Since then I haven't worn sandals so I don't tend to worry about people seeing my toes and have kept them painted since.

I did all summer. I felt weird about it and was never caught without socks on.

I have painted toenails throughout the year, but when wearing flip flops in male mode, I use clear polish, on some rare occassions when I don't expect to meet people I know, really light pink (almost clear), dark blue or black. I never put on red, pink, violet or other obviously female colours.
    Last edited by Karmen; 03-09-2014 at 07:44 AM.