Thread: Packed my stuff away - very depressing... pity party sigh...

Packed my stuff away - very depressing... pity party sigh...

Long story short, our house is in the middle of major remodeling so a lot of our stuff is in storage now and will be for quite a long time - once the house is finished we intend to sell it and move, so god knows when all that stuff will ever come out of storage.

Over the weekend I emptied out almost my entire stash of "fem" attire and stuck it in deep storage, kinda' hoping all the while my wife would stop me somewhere along the line and say, "no, not that, keep that out" - but alas, she didn't. We're having troubles in just about every department of our relationship and are going to counseling, but she'd always been supportive of my dressing on occasion. I haven't been able to dress fully in quite a while but still underdressed as often as I could, but REALLY depressed today because all my stuff (except for a few pair of panties) is now stuffed away in taped up boxes in a storage unit.

Admittedly I had a panty fetish, so a couple hundred pair of panties, my breast forms, shapers, nighties, all my wigs, and all my lady clothes are now boxed away and buried amongst everything else. I am sooooo down in the dumps today. And on top of that, it's raining and gloomy outside - geez.

Sorry, needed to vent, hope everybody else is having a better Monday.

I have just moved to a new city and new house. We downsized and the (closet) that was my world has gotten smaller. Much of my CDing attire is in Tubs in the basement with many tubs of housewares on top. I have been able to get a few things out but I seem to have misplaced some of the better stuff.
    Also I have moved from a country house with no neighbors to a more city setting with houses close by, no curtins yet.
    Several times I have had to stop myself before walking into the living room, if I can see them they can see me.
    Haven't meet all the neighbors yet, hope they have a sense of humor.
    .... and someday I too will become a butterfly screamed the catapiller!!!

Bummer, you have my sympathy on both your storage situation and the hardship in your marriage.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I'm seriously sorry to hear that. I do know that feeling.

We had to move, then an on-call job happened and it
    lasted 10 solid years. Nothing for 10 years.

At least my wife and I did get along fine, but about 5 years
    into being stuck with Zero time to myself, it got very
    depressing. I lost all sorts of stuff to just storage damage.

Well, I Do surely wish you the best. Don't let your stuff get
    ruined. It can happen easily...

Sorry for what's happening in your life hon and like Kate said be careful with the storage.....Mothballs and oxygen absorbers are reccomended. Have to launder it all when you get it out, but I love being all domestic and laundering my girl clothes anyway. Gives you a chance to try it all back on Something to look forward to anyway. Hope it gets better for you......Hugs
    Barbie

Sorry to hear I wish you the best of luck.
    My Dad will be moving in with the wife and I by the end of the week. (medical reasons) Jackie will be on hold for a while. I am happy and lucky to be able to help care for my Dad even though it will be tough.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yea that kinda thing happens life can get in the way ..but it will be there waiting for you once the dust settles down...I have family visiting the entire month of March so I know the feeling...

CD from ME

Talking Packed stuff away

If it makes you feel any better my clothes have been in storage, in storage bins for the last 7 years. We were foster parents to a 4 month old baby boy and decided to adopt him at 2 years old. He is now 7 years old and I rarely see those clothes except when my son is in school and my SO decides to go out with her friend which she does very rarely. Welcome to being a "man"......
    JMO2

I feel your pain. While I am getting an extended week of fem time, I have a lot that is going on afterwords. dressing time will be at a minimum for a few months at least. Blah.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Please, please, please get yourself some better storage than boxes, I know from which I speak I've lost so much from poor storage. I have found trunks and vacuum seal products work best for prolonged keeping. I have also lost forms from long storage they tend to break down. Good luck in your future.

Bye-Bye Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I don't know if I would have allowed that to happen. Surely a few undergarments would have been able to be salvaged and kept available. Sounds like there is no give and take.

Randi,
    Maybe you have been overdoing it a little.
    Relationships might improve for now and you just have to temper your dressing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I know the feeling. However, my wife suggested the space bags. All of our clothes were compressed into the bags. Other items just in boxes were unpacked after the move. It took nearly 1 year to unpack all of the clothes. I am bummed out since I lost one of my favorite garter belts. It may still be in another box, not really sure. Still have many boxes to go through. Since my wife's illness took a strong hold after we moved not much has been done, now I have no desire to complete the task as there are many memories in the boxes that will bring on depression. Most if not all of her clothes have been donated. Part of losing a spouse that is painful is what to do with all of her things. I felt like I was erasing part of my life that I wish was still current. When we were packing everything up for the move, she would not let me throw out some of my belongings. I told her, do not worry, I am only getting rid of things that do not fit, worn out or just never worn. Her fear was that I was going to pack away some of my emotions along with it. We had three good years in our new home, I only wish we could have many more. Sorry for taking you all down this road with me. I will try not to depress you further. We all have our sad songs to sing.
    The only issues you may face with packing items for a long time, elastic does not last for ever. Vacuum sealing is the best method, no moth balls or other chemicals that cannot be removed from clothing. Moth balls are the worst thing you could ever use unless you have no desire to keep the items. It does not stop rodents or bugs from damaging anything. Unless you like that smell, I would not use them. Most places will not take donations of clothing if they smell like moth balls.

I hope your relationship improves if you are having issues. Perhaps that was her way of stating she does not approve of your habits. I do not want to read into it, perhaps there was nothing to imply on her reaction.