Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does the desire to cross dress wax and wane for any other members?

Does the desire to cross dress wax and wane for any other members?

Because it certainly does for me. Today I was so happy to be filled once again with the pink fog. But there were a few weeks there where I had no interest whatsoever.

Other points of view much appreciated.

I does for me, at the most a few days at a time. Then I just get a very strong urge to dress. It has never lasted much longer than a week or two. That usually happens when I am in the middle of a remodeling project. I believe it is normal for the desire to go away and come back.

Yeah but mostly according to how much "mad money" I can afford to blow at any given moment.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It definitely does for me. I've gone for years without being interested but for the past twelve months I have been. I think it's partly a response to stress in my life but that's not the whole story. In any event life is simpler when Laura is away but when she comes back I'm glad to see her.

There have been several long stretches of time, I mean years, without CD'ing. But I had felt A thin fog layer a few times during those periods. With a pretty thick fog set in right now, I still have days here and there that I get focused on my work and don't feel it pulling me out of the closet.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn

For about ten years now my interest has stayed steady and I'm so happy that it has.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Yeah sure. But when it's a case of "can't do it when it needs to be done"
    it can be very frustrating. I think it's a Very Good thing and makes for
    a better person.

(but then, i don't know everyone...)

I was actually thinking of starting a thread on this. I am in a somewhat weird phase right now. I have plenty of moments where I feel feminine, but lately have had very little desire to dress. Has anyone ever had that feeling, or lack of yet still connected to their feminine side??
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Sure does for me.
    My hobbies take a certain amount of their own time to enjoy.
    Dividing life up to suit ones desires is a scaled calendar to me. Throughout the year interest are scheduled whether they are femme or male.
    Time is made for each. There is no "Balance" for me "to have".

It never as seemed to go away for me, Even in periods that I'm not able to dress, due to business trips and such, I mind is always in the pink fog. My feminine side is always there...... and I'm happy for it.

I know for some of the members here, the urge to crossdress does come and go,
    But over the last 10 years it has stayed pretty steady for me,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    I can go months with no desire to dress, then I'll want to do it several times per month. Most recent trigger was when my DADT wife gave me a few pairs of her panties, folding them neatly with the ones I already had in my drawer, right next to my hose. Really cool of her, as this is something she does not like. FWIW, proving to her that this really is an occasional thing I do, not an obsession, and something I don't need to set time aside for, mattered a lot.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I go several months dressing several times per week, then may go 6 months without. It seems to have to do with opportunity or lack of....for dressing.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I have to take a break when it gets warmer here, so I go with dressing for about 6 months. Even when I can, sometimes I just don't feel like it, so I don't. I am always torn, I may not feel like it, but am I missing an opportunity?

used to be that way, but now I get moody within 2 weeks, so need to regularly get out
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I have that pink fog over me as well. My situation doesn't allow me to do it at a whim. Kids and such. But its pretty much something I'd do regularly if I could.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Adding this....

I Do like to have my girly things around me, though...
    even if I don't feel like dressing up. I like my heels there
    in front of me and my makeup all laid out...just waiting
    for when time rolls around again. Which it surely will soon.

I've gotten rid of most all my men's jeans...so I have
    to wear my girls jeans almost always. A few different
    styles and the outside world never knows any difference
    ...so, maybe technically, I hold on to a part of it at all
    times.

All the time , up and down , guilt no guilt
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

for me the desire never goes away ,I think the older I get the more I realize the less time I have so now out am out every chance I get ,usually 4 or 5 days a week.

I've never been compelled to submerge my identity into Annaliese. It's too much work.In fact for quite awhile now it's been the case that most of the time I'm not her. I guess I'm drifting to normalcy and slowly forgetting her. I don't know what "pink fog" means though I seen it referenced here quite a bit.

Oh my has it, years on end but my femme ego never does now, just the urge to get all dolled up, it is just to much work sometimes. Allthough some garments are allways worn if only at home.

Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

My ability to dress is limited by my job , so usually not much opportunity during the week to go out dressed. I try to go out in public dressed at least once a week. When in my apartment I am in female clothes a lot of the time, usually being a night gown.

I have had very long stretches where I had no interest in dressing whatsoever.
    The intensity does ebb and flow but I am always at least wearing my panties.
    As for my current interest level going up and down, it usually disappears just after I fall asleep and comes back not to long after the alarm goes off in the morning..

Shelby

Banned Read only
    Taylor yes it does wax and wane.

Shelby. You are funny. It stops when I go to sleep and starts when I wake up.
    That there is what we call funny shit!

Vanny

Mostly work or other obligations occupy too much of my time to actually dress up en femme. I can go for weeks sometimes without even wearing as much as pair of panties, but that's not because I don't want to dress. It's because a project at work or home repairs or some other responsibility takes up the majority of my time.

I think about cross dressing quite often. For me though, it's more about how I feel. I often change the way I walk or carry myself when I think no one can see me. At home alone, I'll do things that I certainly wouldn't do in public - Things that make me feel more feminine. For instance, if there's a really hot song playing, I'll dance way more expressively and fluidly than I would as a man. I just feel more comfortable and find myself to be much more open if I'm in girl mode. I don't necessarily need to dress up. For me, it's a frame of mind.

But, to get back to Taylor's original question, the desire doesn't "wax and wane." I consciously suppress it. Life goes on, and I can't always have what I want.