Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you met someone on Craigslist ever?

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    You should always be careful whether it's CL or the LA times, or EBAY. The horror stories that you hear about are the exception, not the rule. (that's a quote from a movie) But it applies to a lot of things. Like flying, or elevators. The percentage of things going wrong vs the times we have problems is minute in comparison. Just be prepared just i case.
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've met a few people through CL. Yes, there are creeps out there, but they're everywhere. I agree, caution is the key. If it doesn't feel "right", don't proceed. But I've had good experiences (knock on wood).

Over a number of years, i have had ads on CL. I have only met three guys in all that time. Most will not send an above the waist photo, and i email with quite a few. But, when it is obvious they want sex and lots of it, i back out. I tell them what i will, and will not do, and that usually turns them away. I met one of the guys two times, and it went well, but he decided not to see me again. I likely would not do as much as expected. Quite a few asked if i would host. NO NO NO!!!!

Reality Check
    I wouldn't get on Craiglist looking for a date. I've heard too many bad stories. Even people buying or selling things have been robbed or killed. There have to be better ways to meet people.

Platinum Member
    Hi Leona, BE CAREFUL what you wish for.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sorry girl but I would never recommend meet-ups arranged by any of the online services. Way to problematic, way too much history of really bad outcomes. Yes some get lucky and find a winner. Some are not so fortunate and put life and limb at risk.

I much prefer Trans group meetings where the venue is very public and the people there known quantities.

Please be very careful.

Hugs, Robin

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    Yes I have, and I've met some cool guys that way, but you have to be sooooo careful: as some of the other girls have already pointed out, always make the first date for a public place like a Starbucks or public tennis court (I've posted pictures of myself in my tennis dress and dared guys to play with me) and make them send you a picture of themselves above the waist before you consider a meetup. Only then exchange email addresses and cell phone numbers, and it's a good idea to get to know a guy that way before you agree to go out with him. Even with those rules, expect to be bombarded by sickos. You have to be ruthless in separating the wheat from the chaff.
    This is perfect advice for the procedure to employ with a CL users. I have posted my own personal on CL a couple of times, and each time have gotten an incredible number of responses. The full length clothed body shot and closeup face picture requirement probably eliminated 75-80%. I'd guess that 75% of the remainder were afraid to be seen in public with a crossdresser, so that when I actually got around to meeting face to face in real time, there were maybe 3 or 4 people out of a hundred responses. From that point on, it's no different than meeting at a bar or the local LGBT alliance social. Regarding Windycissy's comment about daring them to play tennis: I have found that as a physically fit, fiftyish Trans Girl, most of the guys who are in my age group have more reason to be scared of me than vice versa. Maybe expanding the screening process to include a requirement that the responders be in good enough shape to play tennis would be a good idea.

Well for me I have tried to meet Another CD on CL As I am not much into bars ( Sorry it is just me ) and local LGBT have not got a clue about any So I tried CL
    have e mailed a lot more about helping other CD being a better CD Like how to dress and always meet in a safe place ect ect
    the Only person I did meet was a bitter /sweet experience for me I gave a wig dress and heels to help but I guess I was to conservative or boaring if I may
    have not talked since
    I would like to take a CD shopping or sit down dinner I am to tall to pass but if I could help another CD pass as well as feel safe while she is out I would be happy for Her as well

Shopping Anyone ?
    after all I do have a weakness for a nice dress or sweater and skirt to the knees with classic high heel pumps

Never met anyone, just seems too unsafe. I'm sure there's better ways of doing things, and avoiding the inevitable chasers that are out there.

Silver Member
    I have bought and sold many things on CL over the years with no problems. Would I try to find a date there? No.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I've only bought or sold stuff on CL. The people i had met were real nice but sometimes not very reliable

I've never meet anyone from the personals on Craigslist. However I've had success with buying and selling. I even bought a car off there a few years ago.

Now, as far as online dating in general, keep your wits about you. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I don't like to use absolute statements but they can be necessary. NEVER give out personal information. If you need a phone number set up a free Google phone number. NEVER meet at a house or motel. ALWAYS meet in the open in public.

Online meetings can work and be fun and even rewarding. I was looking to make friends when I met a young woman online. The friendship worked out so well we're now married

Quote Originally Posted by dana digs sweaters View Post
    Yes, meet him man to man first.
    At a shoe store,
    if he is a gentleman, he will buy you a pair of heels.
    You can wear them on your first date........ or you can just score a pair of heels
    Best. Idea. Ever.
    More heels!

Steph

Personally I would struggle meeting anyone from Craigs list on this level. BE CAREFUL.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lovetobedani View Post
    I would struggle meeting anyone from Craigs list on this level. .
    So true....any girl from this forum who I see post regulary...I wouldnt think twice about hanging out with...you are all ok in my book.It takes courage just to be here .
    xoxo

CL can be dangerous enough just selling things, let alone meeting up with people for more personal reasons. That being said, I've posted twice on there just to gauge the response. It's like disturbing a hornet's nest. The inbox gets full real fast, but it's all just guy's looking for a quickie. I've never met up with any of them.