Thread: Tips on getting out of the house!

Junior Member Kristina_nolagirl's Avatar
    New Orleans and San Francisco a few times a year. Also travel the US.

Tips on getting out of the house!

Hey girls!

I've been working on a new blog lately and have just posted a new entry with my tips for getting out of the house and living the life you want to live. If you have a minute, check it out and let me know what you think.

Also, for you experienced girls, do you have any other tips you can recommend?

I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say!

Here is a link to the blog:

http://bit.ly/1p9oL9x
    My Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinanolagirl/

Better get busy living, or you get busy dying.

nice to see another blog about a girl getting out in the world
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Kristina - that is one cool blog!

Great to read - lot's of good tips, and while some of them are obviously relevant to your local environment, a lot are universal I think (and a lot are common sense, but we all need help getting that into perspective when we have our girly heads on!) - and I'm with you on thrift shops girl! We call them charity shops here in the UK, and I've picked up most of my wardrobe at bargain prices.... Between those and eBay I'd be on my way to insolvency rapidly if I got out more!

I'll say it again - it's a great read... You're open, honest, and the super person that you are comes across really well. Not to forget a mention of your obviously darling wife too... I find it genuinely inspiring.

Thanks for sharing Kristina - it takes not a little courage to do that honestly.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Kristina,
    I thought you already had the tips...
    Why do you want suggestions from us?

I read the blog.

I am too busy reading,,,,, and living, to die yet.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    I am going to set up a little room in a hidden corner of the garage.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Thanks, but I'm already out. Could write my own blog on the subject, but I don't consider myself an authority. Unfortunately I don't have your youth and good looks so this classy old broad just gets by on boldness and pure confidence.

It was a long time ago, but I remember all those feelings. Your advice is spot on.
    You didn't broach the 'When nature calls' issue. In the early days, Canada hadn't made their very sensible laws yet, and individual establishments set the bathroom policy. ASK THE MANAGEMENT! It's that easy to figure out bathroom policy.

I love the blog ! Especially the title

Loved the header.
    Good article. I like your writing style. Personal and informative is a hard balance to pull off. You're doing it right.

I don't know if this helpful or not, BUT....I've started looking in the mirror and telling myself out loud that I'm beautiful at least once everyday. I'm still at the beginning of self-realization of who I really am, but it's made it WAY easier for me to accept and love myself.

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    I bookmarked the site for later tonight when my Lady gets home, so we can both read it.

I love your entry on "15 reasons I feel blessed to be a crossdresser"!

I've found that the biggest obstacle for many in going out is literally just opening up the door and stepping out for the first time. It is a very scary experience, until you realize the sky will not fall. At least it was for me, but it was worth it, without a doubt. That first step was all it took really. I just wish, for me, I had done it sooner. I waited until my 30s to go out for the first time, missing all of the fun I could have had in my 20s instead of being a bit of a shut-in and being thoroughly miserable about it.

Thanks for the nice comments and suggestions girls!!

Paula - I can't believe I missed on of the most important aspects of getting out! I think an edit is in order.

Shy - I couldn't agree with you more. I use positive self affirmations in my male life and was thinking about writing about using them as a girl. I think that could have a huge impact on the lives of many CDs.

Katey - I so admire your positive outlook and comments for everyone. You're a true goodfinder in life which is awesome! If your attitude determines your altitude, you must be flying high!

Rachel - I took a peek at your blog and it looks great. I'll have to take some time to read it when I get a chance. I'd love to learn about dressing through the eyes of a Kiwi!

Lynn- the great thing about the internet and blogging is that everyone is truly an expert - in their experiences and their perspective. More than 99% of the people who blog about fashion do not work for vogue, but people can relate to and respect their experiences and situation in life. My thing is if I can get a free therapy session by reflecting on myself and my experiences and help at least 1 girl on her road to self acceptance than I can lay my head on the pillow a very happy girl. Maybe you should start one if you've got some good things to share - I'm sure someone could learn from your experiences!

I hope everyone is having a fabulously feminine and wonderful day!
    My Flickr

Hi Kristina,
    I read your blog it was very interesting. I would have to disagree with some of it though. As a closet CD the negatives of going out far out way the positives no matter how much I would like to go out in public. I have a family and their feelings have to come first. I have a partner that is supportive of what I do but she would be horrified if I started going out dressed. I am 6 foot tall and look like a man in a dress. I know now society is more enlightened than in the past but men dressed as women in public is still not accepted where I come from. I think however much I told myself I was doing the right thing I would be wrong.
    I am nervous every time I post a picture on this forum.If I looked like you, maybe I would feel differently.
    I checked out your Flickr pictures and you look stunning! The only second glances you would get are the checking out glances.

Jill
    Last edited by Jilly75; 02-26-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Hi Jilly!

Thanks for you input. I fully agree that going out in the world is not for everyone. I should have made it more clear that I was referring to people who know in their heart that they want to get out but just can't seem to get over "the hump" of the front door, not the people who have no desire. If there is one guarantee in life it's that no 2 people are alike in what they desire from cding or life - that's what makes it a wonderful world.

And thank you for your sweet comments! I too am 6' and I do get stares when I go out...I wrote about them in my post ab going to SAn Francisco. I've been able to brush it off quite well, but my wife on the other hand wants to fist fight grown men over their staring at me!
    My Flickr

Kristina. Great blog and advice. As far as tips: When you are out and you hear people laugh don't assume they are laughing at you. (Had that happen last week but then realized they had a happy child in a stroller). Same with people looking in your direction. They may be looking well past you. And, the retail clerk is your friend. Even if they give you the doubletake look they really want you to be comfortable as a customer.

Hi Kristina! Your blog is great, love it! You obviously are in are fantastic space, bar shoe size . I'm so glad to hear about girls who just live their life, no matter what cards were dealt out.
    I've had friends who've visited New Orleans, they all had the best time!

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Just checked out your blog, a class act you are pretty

Reality Check
    Kristina, when I read the title of your thread I thought it would be some hints on how to actually "get out of the house" i.e. from the door to the car and out of the neighborhood.

Once I get out of the house and neighborhood I'm fine (to a point, I try not to interact with people) but the only way I've been able to get out is to partially dress and finish in the car in a parking lot somewhere. As you can imagine, this is difficult and limits what I can do.

My garage is full of stuff so keeping the car in it is not an option. Besides, I still have to drive past the homes of friends and neighbors and it they are outside, I'm expected to stop amd talk or at least wave.

I enjoyed your blog though.

Kristina, I'm reading some of your blog entries now and really appreciate the work and spirit you put into it. Thank you!
    Your pep talk for us fear- or shame-ridden girls who can't get out the door is really encouraging. I've been out a few times before, but have almost given up on trying an outing this season. Maybe I'll try again before the warm weather comes and I get too busy playing man to enjoy a femme outing.

I'm looking forward to your future posts!
    - Jacky ^_^/

Hi Kristina, loved your blog and agree totally with your viewpoints of going out, as it has been my experience too. Times has also changed a lot and society became much more tolerant in the last 20 years. The worst experience I have ever had was 3 guys who had obviously had too much to drink 20 years ago , who read me and was calling me a faggot and laughing at me, but I quickly walked in a different direction and went back to my car. In my experience I have found it good to stay away from places where people who are drunk would be hanging around, and from there I have not had any bad experiences ever again but I became more sensible and went to places and at times where gg's would be found, like malls, restaurants, movies etc and never had issues there.

Sure one don't pass all the time and definitely not in the beginning, but if you act with dignity and confidence, the most that will happen is you will be greeted or getting a smile. No harm in that. The more I went out, the more comfortable I became and being comfortable and relaxed out in public enfem is a real important factor, and makes up at least 35% of the passing act.......

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kristina,

Love your blog name BTW and the posts on the blog are great. The one thing I could add which has worked wonders for me before going out is "observation". I spend a lot of time watching people coming and going in large venues to get an understanding that people are so wrapped up in their own lives (not to mention smart phones) that they seldom give notice to those around them. In addition, it affords me the opportunity to do intelligence gathering (sorry military gal here) on my chosen venue to visit "en femme" so I know how to ingress and egress as required. Watching women in open venues has also helped me with mannerisms, gestures, walk and talk to help me blend.

Keep up the great blog and I look forward to reading more.

Hugs

Isha

Very nice pictures, you look wonderful, cute, sexy! I bookmarked your blog too! Thanks