Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Feel The Need To Step Out In Public

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar

Why Do You Feel The Need To Step Out In Public

So...I was reading in another post someone wrote "I don't get this going out part - I really don't."....and it made me think....Why DO we go out ?? What is your reason or need to go out?
    Here is mine..
    I go out dressed for 1 reason...to go out dancing,have a drink,and meet people...and honestly it is pretty much the ONLY reason...I enjoy it...it is a natural part of me..I grew up doing that since I was a teenager growing up in the NYC drag queen culture..not much changed..I just put on makeup & heels now. Here is where it gets weird ( for me) I have no desire to simply drive around dressed...go shopping..do any other activities while dressed ( going to the beach and to another cd's house for a good old fashioned girls night is the exeption for me...ok maybe thats 3 reasons ) but yea...NO interest what so ever for some of those others mentioned. I get asked from time to time to go shopping with other girls and stuff..and I always turn it down. What is YOUR reason for wanting to step out.

Many many reasons which I have probably already written down in posts in other threads, but pure and simple.. I got bored sitting at home! :P

I like dressing up and I like doing a lot of stuff outside the house.. and I didn't want those to be mutually exclusive activities!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Do a search here. There are so many threads asking and discussing the same topic. This question has been many, many times asked about once or twice every other month. I go out primarily because I want to, I can and thus I do, and I have so much fun every time.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    I go out so as to not spin in circles. That wears out the carpet and put heel marks in the wood floor.
    I got a warning from my mom about the wood floor when young.
    When going out after high school it was to experience myself as the fem person I created.
    Shopping in drab then going back to the stores to show the SA's what I looked like dolled up.
    Many big eyes from them as they figured it out.
    Now as an adult, it is to enjoy the movies during the day with a GG or another CD.

Quote Originally Posted by natcrys View Post
    Many many reasons which I have probably already written down in posts in other threads, but pure and simple.. I got bored sitting at home! :P

I like dressing up and I like doing a lot of stuff outside the house.. and I didn't want those to be mutually exclusive activities!
    This is why I go out...

Because wearing all my formal gowns and party dresses at home ONLY, is just sad.

Hon, I'm a party girl too. Always have been. But I also enjoy doing the more mundane tasks en-femme. Trouble is I can't down here in redneck heaven lol......Well can't safely
    Barbie

I think for me it's to be seen or experience things as a woman would.

to be treated as a woman is a real plus, but try to emulate a woman in every way when dressed.

when I look in the mirror I want to see a woman looking back, on the same token I don't want to look like a dude in a dress.

going out in public seems to validate the woman in me.

my biggest problem is beard cover, it's about a 3 hour job for me to get ready.. most of the time is spent on covering the beard.

I like to dance as a woman, primp as a woman, I strive to be attractive as a woman. the validation for me is to prove it in public.

one thing I want to add. it's not a turn on for me, its just a very strong desire be a woman, even for a vapor in time
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Aspiring Member
    I believe our brains are hard-wired to interpret cross-dressing as actual contact with a female. When we cross-dress the brain reads it as "female contact" and releases dopamine and a host of other neurotransmitters. These neurotransmitter produce the sensations of well-being, pleasure, sexual gratification and bonding. It affects the reward centers of your brain, instant gratification, and thus the apparent addiction response. However, the way the brain works: If you do the same thing over, and over, and over, it causes the brain to fatigue and release less dopamine. If the pleasurable sensations associated with cross-dressing are due to dopamine, then you are driven to keep your levels of dopamine up high. So you need to escalate your cross-dressing and go further and take greater risks. That is why you feel the need to step out in public.

I go out to have fun with my spouse and friends. Going out dressed gives me a different perspective and lets me express myself and interact in ways that are only accessible to GGs.

When I go out in drab I feel as if something is missing.
    Last edited by Eryn; 03-03-2014 at 08:10 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Because that is where my friends are!!!!

I spent a perfect Saturday evening with two girls friends and a party happened and 8 more girls showed up. I now have a much larger group of friends that I wouldn't have if I had spend Saturday night watching TV.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    I believe our brains are hard-wired to interpret cross-dressing as actual contact with a female. When we cross-dress the brain reads it as "female contact" and releases dopamine and a host of other neurotransmitters.
    This is junk pop science right up there with autogynephilia.

I personally go out because "that's where the people are". I love interacting with other people as a woman and having them treat me as such.
    Last edited by Sally24; 03-03-2014 at 08:23 PM.
    Sally

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    I want to go out...because that's what you do when you have life left in you. I've spent a vast majority of my life in a closet. No sense in spending much more of it there. I'm a social person, I like people. I like going places. Its only natural that I'd want to go somewhere nd do something. I also need validation. I may pass... I may not...but in some weird way, i need people to see me as Caden, which validates that I am her for that moment in time.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Going out is NOT an option for me. I must go out otherwise my GD would drive me absolutely nuts. It is the only thing keeping me from transition in many, many ways.

Haven't done it yet but I am working up to it... Why do I want to? I think because I want to feel like the real me when I'm out. I'm tired of confining my happiness to the four walls of my house.
    My blog www.transcriptsblog.wordpress.com
    Twitter: @transgirl_Jenn

Gone to live my life
    Because it is not fair to Isha if my "boy self" hogs all the out time . . . men can be so greedy sometimes

Seriously though I go out because Isha is part of me and I owe her some time in the light to interact, see the world and just do things.

Hugs

Isha

I never really wanted to go out in public as a girl before my girlfriend sort of pushed me out there and I am so glad that she did. For me its still
    A search to feel accepted as me to the general public and I feel that I am for the most part. To feel normal. Even if there are some who might laugh at us when we turn the corner. Now its becoming more about being able to do the normal things that I normally would do while doing what I like instead of having to hide indoors. It also can be fun when you go out with others as can be the case whether male or female.
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    I think the one thing we all seem to be missing tonight with this topic is; if we stay indoors, then we accept the false belief that there is shame in what we do. By stepping out, we thumb out collective noses at the belief that there is shame. Not all of us can step out, and that's okay. We are all in different places, or have different reasons. But those of us that can step out, should. Otherwise the terrorists win...lol
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

For a long period of my life, crossdressing was something that only happened behind locked doors and drawn shades. For a while that didn't bother me; the act itself was enough of an expression of the feelings I had. With time, that simply wasn't enough.

To me, the inside of my home feels like an artificial place - sort of a laboratory. If I stay here, I'm not going to have any of the real, tangible experiences that make life what it is. The air is always the same. The floor is flat and clean. There are only twelve places I can sit.

Going out affords me the opportunity to do something I love in a setting that is much bigger, more uncertain, and less stifling. I'll never forget the first time I went out in a pair of heels. I thought I had it mastered in the lab. But the ground was uneven, there were cracks in the sidewalk, and things I didn't want to step in. I was wobbly like a gazelle again, and by the time I got home, my feet were on fire in a way that I'd never imagined possible. But I was more alive that night than I had ever been in all of those years tucked away.

So I guess you could say that I do it because I get to feel the wind in my hair, hear the click of my heels on the pavement, to see the sun through eyelashes heavy with mascara, and to just breathe a little for once.

I still haven't had a ton of interaction with others while out dressed, whether due to insecurity or uncertainty or whatever. But the road is still long ahead, and that gives me new, exciting experiences to look forward to and immerse myself in. Being outside is quite a thrill ride.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I have to agree...sitting home all the time would be VERY boring !!! I am going nuts with cabin fever now cause it is like 11 degrees today...I made it a goal to get out & socialize more after my purge....meet like minded people etc....I really cant sit home anymore LOL!!!

For me there's really no burning need to go out dressed, I just do it because it feels natural.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Going out is new for me, maybe the past 6 years or so after dressing in private for 25 years. I dress to be pretty and my ego needs others to think I am pretty. So I must go out now in order to fulfill part of my purpose.

Caitlyn demanded it. She could no longer be repressed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    I made it a goal to get out & socialize more after my purge....meet like minded people etc....
    Exactly... I want - no, need - to meet more people who like this sort of thing.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Silver Member
    My reason for crossdressing is a desire to show the feminine part of my being in that way. If I only do that by myself at home I'm not expressing that to others. I also love spending time in salons getting primped and prettied, dressed as a female. I find salons to be very welcoming and accepting places. My reason, I'm not posting to see if others agree.

Hell-o Adriana, Thanks for bringing this up, I never have put much thought into this, but
    heres my current reason for wanting to get out of the house.....................
    Home alone? Frickin bored out of my mind, same ol' stuff every time.
    I need to get out and actually interact with real people. The dog just doesn't
    give Kristyn the attention she desires.
    Besides that, I think meeting other CD'ers would help give me the confidence I
    lack, and is keeping me from mingling with the rest of the world.
    I'm not spinning in circles, it's more like stuck in a rut around here!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!