Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Feel The Need To Step Out In Public

I need to experience the world as the woman I suppressed all of those years. It's like someone took the blinders off finally. I love my time out as a woman and could never go back. For me it's not just about fun it's about who I am. Of course I do have a great time out with all of my girlfriends! I understand this is not for everyone here. No pressure! However if you dream about it go for it!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

As many have said, it's about experiencing the world as the woman I that am. Nothing like practical experience in learning / refining your womanhood...they say experience is the mother of learning...what better way than going out into the world? Plus, as others have also said, that's where everyone else is; why let them have all the fun? :-)

It's a validation to me.. while I've not gone out as much (dang winter,work timing, and budget has just really pushed me into lazy mode recently..I'd like to experience the female side out and about..just not at -4 degrees )
    But it's exciting to get out there, to prove that I'm doing things the right way to blend.
    Plus..The Kacey side of me wants to get out.. The guy side of me has been too stuck in and boring, and I'm just trying to be a bit more freer to express as Kacey.
    I think in general I'm still feeling out what the role CDing plays in my life, where I'm going with it, and so on. I can't say I've had a stronger GD issue as others have had. At least not on a constant basis.
    But some days...

Because I'm single, just femming around the house is ok for some things. But while it's enjoyable and still is a bit of a stress relief to go into girl mode, with only myself as a judge on the quality, it's just a bit lacking.

I still plan to get out sometime to see the groups/people in the area. Bad problem is that my work schedule gets in the way of things so frequently (night shifts and working Wed thru Sat nights which messes with general social times). Been this way for 2+ decades unfortunately and I've not yet won the lottery to free myself of that issue
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I am dressed, I do not want to change and I need to get on with life.

The bills come in all the time and need to be paid.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Why go through all that effort only to waste it on a mirror?

Hi,

Why do i go out , a few reason's to buy food for us dog and two cats , im a member of 3 groups that we dress in olden day clothes, and if i wont to partake ill have to dress and join in as i will this weekend our Edwardian group are putting on out of africa = prominarde in the park and a high tea, and a church service on sunday and saturday night will be a meal and entertainment .

dress wear is a high tea afare not sure what ill wear as yet work it out with my friend tomorow,

other than being a P R person ill wear my normal clothes, a bit like my photo.

...noeleena...

I just love the feeling when I'm out it gives me the validation of being a woman.

My reasons are pretty much the same as yours Adriana. Plus I consider CDing an art form.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When the stars align and I do get a chance to get out, I take it. I hate that "all dressed up and no place to go" feeling, and don't want to confine my femme self to a self-imposed bubble.
    - Jacky ^_^/

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    Great topic! I have often wondered about this as well... In my teens, I was TERRIFIED about leaving the safety of my home. I lived in a rather intolerant area and it was the late 80's/early 90's ... scary times indeed! LOL. But by the time I was in college, I was living in a big city with an even bigger "alternative scene," so I felt safer venturing out. I ran with the goth/industrial crowd in those days and some of my best times was at the club with the music and the dancing- fully femme. Now that I'm older, I want to find a small group or even just a friend or two where we could get together, have some drinks and enjoy a "good, old fashion grrls night." Did someone say book club?
    Last edited by Felicia Dee; 04-27-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Reality Check
    For me, it's a test. I've gone to all this trouble to look like a female so I want to go out and see how I've done. See if people accept me, men hold doors for me or if they throw darts at me and shame me back into the car. What I mean is, I'm trying to pass myself off as a female. I have no desire to go out and shock people as a man in a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Caden Lane View Post
    I want to go out...because that's what you do when you have life left in you. I've spent a vast majority of my life in a closet. No sense in spending much more of it there. I'm a social person, I like people. I like going places. Its only natural that I'd want to go somewhere nd do something. I also need validation. I may pass... I may not...
    That says it for me too - but I also have this huge pressure stopping me; telling me that it's a totally mad thing to do!!!

I have come to accept that part of my nature is this variance and that I can correctly be described as TG - but there is a huge variety of depths of feeling and desires here, from those that quite validly declare that they want the world to see them as a woman (whether they would ever transition or not) through to ego and being perceived as pretty, which I can understand - and that it's partly an art form, which I can also understand. And then I know that there is a smaller sample of us that have tried it and just don't like it - so don't do it...

It scares the boy pants off me to think about it - but at the same time I feel the internal pressure to do something... aaaagagghhh!!

I think we need a special section for us tormented types to stew in until it all sorts itself out in our heads... Life can often be very Dante-esque in this business...

Katey in a Konundrum x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Sometimes you just have to step out of the door and sort it out Katey. It doesn't resolve itself otherwise. I think you'd have wonderful success if you ventured out. I know your circumstance makes it difficult though. I also know that sometimes we do not venture out for fear that we know we will enjoy it, and crave it all that much more. But I reached a point where I didn't care if I wanted to enjoy it more often. I already enjoy dressing, and being me. Doing it more often will only serve to make me happier in the long run.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

I don't go out for anyone but me. I feel as though I am living my life-this is who I am. I do have a few CD friends that I meet on occasion, but mostly I go out either by myself or with my wife. Some times its shopping, and some times its a trip to a museum or park, or place like that.
    Stephanie

Because it's who I am.

Aspiring Member
    Because a person can only stay indoors for a short while, then she needs to go out and about as the person she is.

I'm split between "because setting at home all dressed up is boring as hell" and "because I put so much work into looking this good and by god someone is going to see it besides me"!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I can give two reasons that resonate with me:

(1) As has been stated in different words by others, it is not about going out. That's not the end, it's a means to the end, and that is to live a comfortable life dressed as appropriate for the situation and mood.

(2) Anyone that has restored an antique car or built a hotrod can certainly spend hours sitting in the garage admiring his workmanship, but that is not as satisfying as taking it out on the roads, or showing it in some event. It's the desire to receive validation from ones peers that a good job was done.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Because I feel free ...and what Karren said..........................Debra

Karren Hutton: You nailed it!
    Stephanie

Because it's one of the funnest things to do?

Have you ever biked on a nice spring day in a beautiful dress? Heaven!!!

Spring? what's that??

I do it for myself and to get some kind of acceptance. Once you're out, it's like I don't even dress anymore unless I am going somewhere.........
    Joann, a Jersey Shore Gal.
    "Be True to Yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by MsVal View Post
    (2) Anyone that has restored an antique car or built a hotrod can certainly spend hours sitting in the garage admiring his workmanship, but that is not as satisfying as taking it out on the roads, or showing it in some event. It's the desire to receive validation from ones peers that a good job was done.

Great analogy MsVal.

Truth is I am Vain. Ken is out in public everyday totally unnoticed by the masses. No one pays any attention to me in drab at all. I suppose I could dye my hair orange and purple or have massive tattoos on my face to get some attention but that is not what I am. I am a crossdresser, that's what I enjoy doing and I take a lot of pride in doing it well. Hopefully well enough that I am not noticed for being a crossdresser but for being a well dressed semi attractive female others will take a quick second glance at. That is the thrill Kendra receives.
    The same way as the person in MsVals example would feel when noticing others checking out his ride.

I feel the need to step out as a man because it makes me feel more like who I want to be

Going out as a woman, I'm hyper-vigilant and shrink in on myself. I can't look at people and get very nervous when they speak to me.

As a man, I'm confident and outgoing. I can talk to people and even the way I walk is different I'm not afraid to take up space and actually be there.

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    It’s like the question of why do we CD anyway. I gave up trying to answer that one long ago.

I think I like going out for the same reason that all my dogs (may they RIP) absolutely loved to stick their head out the car window in the breeze while the car was moving (well ok, what dog doesn’t?).

Going out just seems right to me no matter how the rest of society looks at it and believe me it is exhilarating. Maybe I will try sticking my head out the car window next time, hmmm.

Hugs,
    Steph
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)