Thread: Small Moments

Small Moments

(Note: As the day went on it wasn't all perfect, see my added post down the thread).

We had to take care of some legal business today so I was en drab, dark brown polo shirt and beige slacks. They needed to see driver's licenses for both my spouse and myself and, after they were finished with them, the licenses just sat on the desk for a while. When the agent went to return them he glanced at the pictures and slid my license over to my spouse and hers to me! Seems I have the girlier picture on mine.

A few days ago I'd gone to use the reference library at my private club, an action which requires them to look up my membership. The librarian looked puzzled as she had a woman in front of her but a male name on the membership. When I explained it she said, "You really should change your membership, it will make it easier."

So, after talking to my spouse, I called member services today. They couldn't have been nicer, and a moment later they'd made the change and will be sending out my new membership card in my female name!

Small moments, but they add up!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 03-04-2014 at 01:59 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gratz Persephone It truly is the little things that make life worth living.
    Barbie

Those are certainly validating experiences! I don't doubt that they had no problem issuing a new membership card as they are quite used to their members experiencing "transformations!"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Getting carded when buying a pack of cigarettes while en femme might be fun..

Gone to live my life
    Great story with a great ending Persephone. You are right, sometimes it the small things what mean a lot.

Hugs

Isha

When you have nothing to hide,the reactions become a non event,especially,once you explain yourself..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    ..-. -..., -..- -.-- .-..

It's great to know that the world doesn't really care how we present particularly when you look as good as you do.

--... ...--
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Thanks all!

But it wasn't a completely wonderful day. We've had some long standing dinner arrangements for this coming Wednesday with some old friends. She and I were on the phone setting up the plan for a dinner she said they were looking forward to. I mentioned that my femme self would be there and she said, "Oh! I'll check with hubbie, he was looking forward to seeing D. (male self).

A few minutes later I received the following text, "We'll pass this time, but really appreciate the invitation. Of course we'd love to go to dinner w/u and (my spouse's name) anytime. We do love u two!! =-)"

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    Well, that's the way life is...some disappointments along with the good. Feel good about the small wins and give your friends a little time...then maybe you could talk with them.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Barbara,
    Sounds like little steps on the way to a new conclusion.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It's too bad about the dinner arrangements. That happens sometimes for reasons we don't know or understand. Perhaps it was one of those.
    On the bright side, your presentation must be great. That's what countless hours of effort can do.

Overall, I'd say it was a good day, and a good evening for a dinner with your wonderful wife.

--... ...--
    MsVal

Quote Originally Posted by MsVal View Post
    Overall, I'd say it was a good day, and a good evening for a dinner with your wonderful wife.

--... ...--
    MsVal
    Thanks, MsVal!

Had a lovely dinner with my spouse and my son. He and his new girlfriend plan to fill out the reservation for that Wednesday night dinner and he may bring some friends of his to make up for the missing couple. My son has a keen sense of humor, so he is inviting the dropped couple's son and girlfriend.

Hugs,
    Persephone.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    ...My son has a keen sense of humor, so he is inviting the dropped couple's son and girlfriend.
    Humor, or justice?

They won't be able to remain silent about the great time they had! E
    at your heart out Mom and Dad! .... .. .... ..
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Thanks, MsVal!

Had a lovely dinner with my spouse and my son. He and his new girlfriend plan to fill out the reservation for that Wednesday night dinner and he may bring some friends of his to make up for the missing couple. My son has a keen sense of humor, so he is inviting the dropped couple's son and girlfriend.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    I love it!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Persephone, for all you do for folks on here, you DESERVE a good day I'd love to be a guest at that dinner, but I would settle for being a fly on the wall!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!