Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Do You Take To Get Ready ?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar

How Long Do You Take To Get Ready ?

So another post yet again brought up a good question without ever asking it...so I will...I looked around and diddnt see a post on it ( i could be wrong and used the wrong search words) but how long does it take YOU to get ready?? Especially if you are doing full makeup...how long? How long is too long? LOL...

When I started again after my purge I was around 3 hours ( learning curve and video watching at the same time)..I am somewhere around an hour and a half now...but for the most part I do not rush as long as my schedule is open and I have the time...I could probably do it in 20/30 minutes..but getting there is half the fun for me...especially if I am staying in. How bout you?

Well, before the purge, I was usually around two hours. But at that point I had long hair, so that was a chunk of it. I haven't gone full-out since the purge (or even bought a wig yet, for that matter), but I'm going to guess that will cut the time down a little. I'd be happy with an hour and a half or less. The makeup is still too painstaking of a process at this point to really breeze through.

One of the perks of the CD life - being understanding enough to never complain about how long it takes a GF to get ready. (:
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    I wish I knew. But this Saturday will be my first time going to a social/ support group. And unfortunately, I'll even be getting dressed there. So gonna go extra light on makeup. Or at least that's the plan.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

An article last week reported the average time a woman takes to get ready daily was about 55 minutes. I guess we just need more practice.

I do it every day. It takes around 30 to 40 minutes including a shower and drying my hair.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

After showering and shaving about 1/2 hour to out the door. This is of course if I have my outfit ready and the look I want to use in mind and all of that stuff is ready to go. I get dressed first, then makeup and accessories. Lipstick is ALWAYS last.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

About an hour and a half - can be longer if I persevere at abortive attempts with mascara... but I stick with false eyelashes generally. I'd probably take a fair bit longer if I was expecting someone other than me to see it 'in the flesh'...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

About 30 minutes for me, though I prefer a more leisurely 45-60 minutes when there's no rush and I can relax with a cuppa inbetween different stages of getting ready. If I'm in a rush I've been known to be showered, face applied, and out the door in 20 minutes.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Depends on if you're including the shower and shave? Without that, 10-15 minutes as I use minimal makeup, thank you, MAC.
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

I'm with Rachelsloane on this one….10-15 minutes. I don't know what I could do differently to make it take an hour and a half!

I can be ready in less than a half hour, but when time permits, I take my time and enjoy the entire experience..
    Joann, a Jersey Shore Gal.
    "Be True to Yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Gurl View Post
    An article last week reported the average time a woman takes to get ready daily was about 55 minutes. I guess we just need more practice.
    This is pretty much my average time too. Difference for me is that my hair (wig) is already done and I would think most women take more time with their hair than their makeup.

Going full makeup and dressed normally about an hour, but staying home and trying to get everything perfect can easily double the time. That can also be due to either watching a video, or taking a break to chat here. 3 hours was a bit long Adriana, I'm glad to hear you cut that time down.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

The shower, shave and makeup part is maybe 45 minutes. Deciding on clothes and accessories, and changing mind repeatedly, is another 45!

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    After stepping into the steamroom as Grog and coming out freshly trimmed for ladies wear, it would be at least 45 minutes if staying in with no company, a little longer if someone is visiting.
    Going out is definitely 1 and 1/2 hours. Having a wig already set to plop on my head helps out on the time.

If my wife does my make up about 30 min. By myself I try to enjoy every second so I take 45 min to 1 hr but can easily cut it to 30 min for one look one outfit. I do change clothes during each session and each look takes 15 more minutes. My biggest issue still is my hair. I can't ever get it right from the beginning, that does require a lot of fixing and adjusting

Probably about an hour,and that's only because I've got limited time. Probably about 2 hours if time not a problem as I'd make a ritual out of it. Shaving,bubble bath etc.

Shave 2 minutes
    foundation 1 minute
    mascara 1 minute
    eyeshadow 1 minute
    lipstick 1 minute
    Wig -brush and fit, 3 minutes
    clothes (summer mode - Bra, knickers, dress) 2 minutes

11 minutes until I'm ready to leave the house and go shopping is about my best, but can be longer if "I have nothing to wear!!!" and make 6 clothing changes.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

An hour as a guy...2 as a girl Makeup 30 minutes shower and shaving everything...way too long. Hair and clothes about 30 minutes I'm so indecisive on that one...I take my time
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Yep, same here.... dressed in about 20 minutes and then time in front of the mirror is about another 40 minutes. Out the door, check the weather, change, add a few things... opps forgot the purse.... darn back in for the phone... ouch, these aren't the right heels, back in for the back up pair... okay, I'm ready.... keys? Darn, back for keys... All that in an hour. Mostly.

Renne.....

Bonhomme, ten minutes. En femme, no matter what, it's obviously not long enough.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

after a shower and shave, and if i'm in a hurry i can
    get ready in under an hour. if i'm not in a hurry and want to do nails and primp, 2 1/2 hours...
    and these times may vary if my power tools pop a circuit breaker lol
    paula

From start to finish usually about 45 minutes. sometimes longer if I butcher my make up which I seem to do with regularity.

Showering, shaving, hair, makeup, dressing .. if I can get under 1 hour 45 min, I'm doing particularly well. Although I don't know why I rush, it's not like I'm going anywhere

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

I take around two hours (Shower shave makeup dressed ) thats if i am going out and if i am staying in about 50 mins
    Mistyjo