Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Long Do You Take To Get Ready ?

Is this a true picture of what you look like after you apply your makeup? If it is...you are simply beautiful! I could certainly use some tips from you.. and anyone else for that matter. I'm sure though that your canvas is much prettier than mine.

Do most of the members use their own picture or someone else. I could certainly use some makeup tips on how to look and feel more like a woman. What kind of foundation, mascara, and lipstick do you use?

Thirty minutes after shower to dress, do makeup, and hair for ordinary activities. Maybe an extra 10-15 minutes if going out for a special evening.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Crossdresser
    One and a half hours the last two times, but I am new to makeup and still experimenting with different combinations.

Welcome Wanttobewild. You can find tips in the Beauty section of the forum. Most people suggest Utube for videos on makeup tutorials. As far as type of makeup, that will vary with each person.

Wanttobewild, also note the beauty section mentioned is a section opened up after 10 posts.
    Welcome,BTW

For me, I'm still unstable with my makeup...
    Base, foundations,and even lips are moderately quick... But then there's eyes.
    Mascara is ok.. It's the brows, liner and any shadow work that's rough.
    Spent 40 mins the last time heading out making corrections to just this.
    I need to practice more..but I'm also a bit of a lazy CDer...

So for me I'd say an hour for guaranteed good makeup...and adding another 30-45min
    for simple shower,shave (face) and already having wig set and outfit decided.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I can be out the door in half an hour.
    To do it comfortably. an hour will suffice.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    You have to define "Get Ready". Does this include a shower and full body shave? Does this include makeup suitable for a night club? Not including the above, it takes me twenty minutes or so but that's just to hang around the house.

As a comparison, my wife is up and out the door to go to the gym in 30 minutes and that includes breakfast. Going out to dinner or such she would take an hour and that would include a shower and makeup. Her legs would have been shaved or Naired the night before if she will be wearing a skirt.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Before Tina my guy self could be ready in 5 min. once out of the shower.

Now the rituals necessary for toner, moisturizers, conditioner, primer and powder for my eyes (keeps that stinging oil at bay all day) and nail touch-up (my nails delaminate if I don't use a strengthener) takes 20-30 min.

For Tina there is all of that plus contouring foundation (which I'm still working at), all that eye makep issues, hair, and deciding what "look". But the most important part is the mental changeover from one gender to the other. If that is going smoothly it finishes as she gets dressed. If not she slows down getting dressed in order to get the male life purged. Once she's Tina she puts on her lip gloss and is ready. If this is the first changeover she'll then spend time on her nails!

So for Tina, the shortest is 45 min..longest about 2 hours.

When I had the opportunity to do my best work , starting from scratch 1.5 hour. But most often I was already showered and shaved , getting ready in the car. Which I had down to about 20 minutes. I used to be able To go out dressed often for short periods of time where I had total of an hour to spend. So I had it down to 20 min getting ready 20 minutes out in the world as a girl. And 20 minutes removing all traces that it ever happened.
    Not the best situation but it was better than nothing. Which about sums up my current dressing status lol

All I know is the older I get the longer it takes lol about an hour from shower to dressed.
    On another note you know your getting old when you got get if you already reply to a post I had to do a quick scan to make sure I haddent lololol

Connie

Im a quick girl to get dressed, 10min if need to be quick. Otherwise bout half hour. Nails take a bit longer, but I usually do them long in advance.

Really depends on what is required in the process and if I'm going out or just having guests come to my house:

• Full facial and body shave, moisturising, make-up, thinking of an outfit and preparing my bag: 1,5 hours
    • Quick shower, make-up, putting on prepared outfit, grab bag and go: 40 minutes
    • Just casual make-up, clothes and bag: 20 minutes
    • Quick make-up job just to not look like a slob when I have guests: 10 minutes

Special note: when girlfriends (GG/CD) come over and we're trying on different outfits/make-up jobs while getting drunk on booze.. then everything takes hours and hours!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

If I have my outfit picked out all ready, which I usually do, I can be out the door in about half hour, when softball season comes I show up completely made up etc and in my softball uniform, after 2 games I clean up a bit switch into a prettier outfit and redo my make-up on my way to the bar of the week, when I show up all changed everyone always asks how the hell did u do all that we just got here !

You will have to be more specific. Do you mean daily? 15 minutes for makeup...10 minutes for clothes. For normal night on town with friends...20 minutes for make up...sometimes 30 minutes to choose outfit. For the night of a show or when I am performing (disclaimer..not drag, I don't do drag). 30-45 minutes for makeup....1 hour to choose outfit
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Ok, I don't do make up as an in-home cross dresser. Today, as an example, I had an idea of which dress and undergarments I was going to wear. Total time to dress from undergarments to dress and heels- ten minutes. I think there may be too much time fussing over one's self, if you need hours to get ready. I can understand facial makeup and nails taking a lot of time, but, three hours? We need to have some GG's post their times.

Banned Read only
    Hair - 10 minutes
    Makeup - 20-30
    Full makeup 45-60
    Dressing 10, unless a lot of undergarments are involved.

Aspiring Member
    About an hour, sometimes longer if I take a break and get on line. For the most part an hour.

Junior Member Kristina_nolagirl's Avatar
    New Orleans and San Francisco a few times a year. Also travel the US.
    Too long! The worst part for me is shaving and takes like an hour. The rest I can do in about 20-30 min if I know what I'm wearing - which is usually not the case! But that's the fun part right?
    My Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinanolagirl/

Better get busy living, or you get busy dying.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I can understand facial makeup and nails taking a lot of time, but, three hours? We need to have some GG's post their times.
    when I say three hours that means ...stop...watch a you tube video on a smokey eye...try it...rewind it...then again...ok..pour another glass of wine... change the record on the record player...3 hours is a taking your time enjoying the process and experimenting kinda night...especially if im stayin with no plans ...no point in rushing being all dressed up with no place to go right??....to me those are learning nights...and it's not fussing if you enjoy it and treat it as an artform . But if your in the closet with no plans to show your face ..i can see why it would seem like alot of fussing......but it is part of the fun..if thats what you are into
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 03-05-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Everybody is different. It depends on you. I'm in a way still learning but I give myself anywhere between a half hour to hour depending on how much I need to do.

Bisexual GG
    Weighing in as a GG with a toddler:
    My basic, harried, go-to quick routine: 10-20 minutes (Eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, perfume, hair).
    If I go all-out: Anywhere from 30 to an hour.
    The biggest variables for me are if I mess something up or decide to change something part way through. Since I do my makeup in the morning it really depends on how awake I am, which depends on how well the Kid went to bed the night before.

As for places to go for makeup advice, I've found Pinterest to be a really good source of ideas, suggestions, and basic guides. I found a couple really good tips for applying mascara and foundation there that have helped me a lot.

I don't like to rush the process, getting ready is part of the enjoyment for me. It probably takes me about 1.25 hours to 2 hours to get everything done. That includes (shower, shave, makeup and getting dressed and all the other little thing I do). Sometimes I can be ready in around an hour, it just depends on how much prep time I need.

Platinum Member
    Hi Adriana, With makeup Not quite an hour without about :15:minutes .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    Whew! That's a big one! I like playing in the mirror... If I'm going for a nice casual look AND you count shaving AND I stay on task... an hour and change. But like Adriana pointed out: "getting there is half the fun!" SOOOOO. Often times I'm going for a certain look like, 1960's MOD, or 80's glam or..? THEN it's more like 3 hours. (4 with hair) Of course, if you factor in the inevitable the fashion show and mock celebrity interview held poolside at my imaginary tuscan villa, we're talking 6 or 7 hours! LOL

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i would say it depends. there are times i need to shave and that can add a half hour. sometimes i do that a day ahead if i know i want to dress the following day. But from start to finish makeup and dressing is probably around 2 hrs if i have something picked out. That itself can be quite a bit of time...... i know very much a non-answer