Thread: Who is that guy?

Who is that guy?

Does this ever happen to you? After dressing today, I put my guy clothes back on, washed all my makeup off, and looked in the mirror, and just thought, "Who is that guy?"

I guess what I mean is, sometimes I have hard time believing the schlub in the mirror could possibly be the same person. It's really amazing what clothes, a wig, and some makeup can do.

Is it me?

Bisexual GG
    I'm replying as an SO so I can't respond from the same perspective as you, but there are times that I get that feeling. He's amazingly attractive to me either way (I'm bisexual, which helps immensely) but the difference is so big that it can be a bit startling. I wouldn't say it's a bad feeling, and there are times when I can see him as if it's the first time all over again. Every time he transitions, I get butterflies when I see him/her. I don't know if you mean it quite the way I do, but I guess I wanted to say that yeah, it can happen for the SOs too.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Hey Arianna...I do this ocassionally too but almost complete opposite. When I see myself as a guy after dressing I can totally see the girl....especially right after taking off the makeup...and the next day in the rear view mirror.... Alot of it is still there. However when I am dressed as a girl...full makeup etc...there are times I look at myself and question everything...and wind up in a deep dark place ....other times ..I just laugh and keep it moving....but once in a while...after a late night of hanging out ..I can go 24 to 48 hours at a clip.....I could find myself staring at the girl...and saying wtf? It could get deep ...dark...filled with anxiety...panic....kinda like Jeremy Piven in the movie Smoking Aces.....here is a clip to better explain...but it does no justice to me or the movie.....but when I saw the actual scene I could relate... Scroll to 2 minutes into the video to to see it is him in the mirror.... it is as close to the actual video i could find...sorry to get deep gals....but this ish happens once in a blue moon..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr-2Gi1HolE

the eyes never lie
    they look just like Jeremy Pivens.....
    this was one of those nights
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 03-06-2014 at 02:47 AM.

Arianna - it's not just you

Perhaps a substantial part of what we feel is because what we go through really is a transformation, however temporary (for some of us), and not just visually and physically, it's what goes on in our heads... And that is the part that is impossible to wash away...

And yes Adriana, I can relate to that look in Mr Piven's eyes (he is an actor though, and a good one - remember him on Ellen..?) and while I would like to know what 24 to 48 hours is like, the prospect is a bit scary - although I'd probably just get fed up of the wig, heels, bra...

I know what look I prefer...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Arianna,

I can't say that has happened to me because I see guy me even when "en femme". I guess it has something to do with staring at my mug for 49 years and since I have way too many tells I always see boy me staring back. But "meh" . . . I am fine with that as that is who I am.

Hugs

Isha

Although many will insist that they are always the same person regardless of mode, there is a point in the transformation where we become that "other" person and tend to ride it out and live the adventure until it's "pumpkin time". For myself it has become a choice either way on who I want to become and how I want to present. Being able to manage it is a sign of growth and maturity.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    When we put makeup on it's great to watch the guy disappear, washing it off it slaps you in the face ! You want to start piling it back on again ! I'm sure we've all worked with GGs that won't go anywhere without a fresh coat of lipstick, now I know how they feel !

Arianna,
    When I was younger many preferred Beverley to her alter ego.
    I certainly got more dates and had more fun playing with girls.

Guys, Yuck!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Stand in line Sister

Platinum Member
    Hi Arianna, Once I take off my wig I don't even want to look in the mirror.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    I have to agree with you on that one!! LOL!!!

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    It can be jarring. My femme self is such a 180 from my guy self, that I sometimes have trouble seeing them as different sides of the same coin...

I find it hard to accept that is how my male self looks!
    Hugs, Carole

Yeah. I think the same thing. The woman in the mirror is me. I'm not sure who that guy is.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    Hey Arianna...I do this ocassionally too but almost complete opposite. When I see myself as a guy after dressing I can totally see the girl....especially right after taking off the makeup...and the next day in the rear view mirror.... Alot of it is still there.
    See, this does happen to me sometimes, but it's usually after I haven't dressed for awhile. As the urge starts building again, I will catch a glimpse of myself and start noticing my more feminine attributes. And that just makes the desire stronger. But it's always right after dressing that the differences are most jarring to me - probably because I just like how I look better as a girl! Well, some of the time...

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Amen! That's the worst! Especially before the makeup comes off. Bleccch. I can't stand the half-dressed thing. That (to me) is just disconcerting. I know everyone is different, but I'm not satisfied unless I see all girl - the whole man-in-a-dress thing doesn't work for me at all.

I remember the first time I crossdressed for Halloween, and after we got home, I took the wig off first and my wife says, "Oh, go wash your face. That just looks weird." Like me going to a party in a dress and heels and carrying a purse all night wasn't weird at all!

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Yep
    It took a long time for Bobbi to be the first person I see in the mirror, but now I have to work at being Bob.
    I love it.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yes I do that too.

I'm always struck with sadness when "revert" back to my regular self. A thought goes through my mind: "Why can't people be more accepting of others?"

That thought applies to almost everything though, not just dressing.
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Here for a visit
    I strongly believe it is both your female and male sides that are always in you. Just enjoy it.

Banned Read only
    Just wait until you wake up in the middle of the night for a potty brake and happen to glance into the mirror and think someone has stolen you body and replaced with this thing you are looking at.