Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have I become the housewife?

Have I become the housewife?

Dear Ladies,

Over the past few months, a new dynamic has arisen in my relationship with my wife. She recently got a new job that requires her to be away about 14 hours per day, 3-4 days a week. On the other hand, I have a job that allows me an incredible amount of schedule flexibility. I can often work from home.

Once she took this job, she handed me a list of daily chores that she would like me to accomplish. Almost every day, I vacuum our home, take care of our pets, clean dishes, etc. In fact, I have probably done more in the last few months than in our previous 16 years of marriage. Now, my wife has known about my dressing since our second date and has had a positive to lukewarm acceptance of it.

Recently, after she acknowledged and accepting that "this" would not go away, she started passively encouraging my dressing by buying me clothes, wigs, cosmetics, and jewelry. She even purchased a makeup table for us today. Moreover, she is OK with me dressing in front of her and hanging out and even occasionally sends me on late night errands to the store while I'm dressed. Yet, it seems her level of tolerance and encouragement is directly related to me accomplishing the housework and getting business taken care of while she is at work.

It seems that if this "arrangement" is to work, I must assume the role of housewife! I am not opposed to this. Yet, I guess everything comes with a cost

MJ
    Last edited by Miss Mandy; 03-06-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Sounds like a good, and fair, arrangement.
    DonnaT

Not in a dissimilar boat! Certain events lead me to medically retire and I get to stay home. In return I cook, clean... All except laundry as she does not like how I fold clothes haha.

So now she says "goodnight my beloved wife" as I usually wear a long nightgown to bed

MJ

Does your wife's new job pay her more than you? I think you should be prepared for a major husband and wife role reversal. There is nothing wrong with a reversal, except that it appears that you are a CDer, not transgender, and may not want to subsume your previous role.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Sounds like a great arrangement, now for me I might have trouble getting it all done in between wardrobe changes lol
    Yeah enjoy it hon don't abuse it
    Hugs Leigh

Miss Jessica,

I am a firm believer that life is Faustian in it's nature - (everything, but EVERYTHING, can be distilled down to a pact with the, or a, metaphorical Devil..) - in other words, a trade or a compromise.

You seem quite happy with your compromise here - I think I would be inclined to enjoy it while it lasts, as all good things come to an end....

Just don't be a Desperate Housewife...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Does your wife's new job pay her more than you?
    Not sure what one earns has do to with it.

It is the number of hours one is out and working. A good husband/wife team share responsibilities, and if one is working longer hours, they should not be expected to come home and do all the cooking/chores as well. Regardless of gender identity.
    DonnaT

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Jessica View Post

Once she took this job, she handed me a list of daily chores that she would like me to accomplish. Almost every day, I vacuum our home, take care of our pets, clean dishes, etc. In fact, I have probably done more in the last few months than in our previous 16 years of marriage. Now, my wife has known about my dressing since our second date and has had a positive to lukewarm acceptance of it.

Recently, after she acknowledged and accepting that "this" would not go away, she started passively encouraging my dressing by buying me clothes, wigs, cosmetics, and jewelry. She even purchased a makeup table for us today. Moreover, she is OK with me dressing in front of her and hanging out and even occasionally sends me on late night errands to the store while I'm dressed. Yet, it seems her level of tolerance and encouragement is directly related to me accomplishing the housework and getting business taken care of while she is at work. MJ
    It has to start somewhere. This is as good of a place as any. Keep up the good work and I am sure you will see even more good things happen.

Jessica, just be open to trying it out. I've had plenty of fantasies about being with a girl who would turn me into a girl, and make me her housewife.

Maybe you'll discover something about yourself that you never knew before. Maybe you really are transgender. And if it turns out that you are a cross-dresser and not transgender, and you wish to have your male role back, just remember this is only temporary. However this turns out, pay attention to your feelings, and be ready to work with your wife on this so both of you can be happy in your newly found roles, or that both of you can be happy should you decide to reverse the roles back to it's original role, or maybe you'll reach some compromise where you switch roles periodically. Good luck
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Not to pry, but has your sex life improved as well since this quasi role-reversal?

The reason I ask is that numerous studies have shown that many women find it "sexy" and a turn-on when their man participates more fully in doing the domestic chores.

This is one of feminism's major remaining bones of contention in that while many women have made great strides over the last several decades in the workplace in terms of careers, job advancement, pay equality etc., men as a whole have not kept pace on the domestic front. Many women see themselves not only bringing home the bacon nowadays, but also still frying it up, serving it, doing the dishes afterwards, and then putting the kids to bed. In other words, her second shift begins right after getting home from her regular job.

A male who is willing to do his fair share of these formerly "house-wifey" duties is still a rare gem these days, and while the macho types may still deride this as "women's work" even while enjoying the benefits of the additional paycheck, women see this differently. They find it sexy that a man can relate to them on that level, and I would imagine that in your case, this has probably also helped your wife become more comfortable with your crossdressing as you bridge the gender gap there as well.

As Dr. Phil would say, "When Momma is happy, everybody is happy!", and greater intimacy usually leads to more and better sex...

Aspiring Member
    No, you're not the "housewife". You're doing the jobs she used to do before picking up more work hours. Any sane wife would expect that of her husband whether he's a CD or not. I guess it's good you can see a benefit to this as many men wouldn't, but I'd be cautious at actually saying this to her as I doubt many women are actively seeking a role reversal.

Remember, if we wanted a housewife, we'd marry a woman!

But I agree with Leslie, if a man does help around the house, it is very sexy
    Last edited by Tinkerbell-GG; 03-06-2014 at 05:02 PM.

I don't see it as a cost like you say, i believe relationships are build on cooperation among many other things, it takes two to make it work and since she is stepping up and working more I believe it is only fair to step up at home and pick up more housework. I've been doing it for years and work as many hours as my wife, she however is the CEO/CFO at home, and it works for me. I hope you get use to it soon and enjoy being the "housewife" I don't think it gets better than that, do you?

There's nothing wrong with being a housewife. In fact it's one of the most important jobs in the world. And one of the hardest.

Well, 'housewife' can have some negative connotations. To me, you have a set of tasks that are needed to run a household. Some things one of you will do well, and the other won't. For instance, I'm the cook in the house.. I always have been. My wife (love her) doesn't cook food without microwave directions on the side. You do what you can to support each other.

I'm also in a situation where my wife & I are in a accidental CD/CD arrangement. When my wife comes home she drops to gym shorts & a tank top. I go get into a skirt. She is color & fashion challenged, I help her pick stuff out. She does the bills, I do her nails. With the kids She is the 'pull my finger' parent, and I'm fussing about manners. (I still have "Spider Duty")

She referred to me as "Her Wife" this past V-Day card (AND sent me roses at work!) while I called her "My Husband" in my card to her. No, we didn't coordinate that first.

Roles are.. well, roles. Parts to be played. They don't have to be the same every day. If you keep it balanced, you will both be happy.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Interesting... My wife and I have a similar kind of role reversal. She didn't hand me a list though, I just took over. Now I do all the domestic things but the finances. She's a whiz at finances whereas I'm ... well ... it's better that she do it.

I really like doing this stuff. It's a whole lot different than being a manager in a corporation. I had to (and must still) develop a whole new skill set. I find that challenging and interesting. I get a kick out of fawning over her, making sure her dinner is ready when she comes home, her clothes are clean and folded, the house it clean... The whole stereotypical housewife thing.

Oops, I better get off the computer and finish my chores. Bye for now.

Best wishes
    MsVal

I've just become a slovenly housewife. I'm tapping away at the laptop in a skirt and blouse while I'm looking at a sink full of dishes and an pile of ironing, and I've still got laundry to hang out.
    Seriously household chores are not gender specific (except, apparently, washing cars and mowing lawns), I've always done my share, that's just the way my wife and I work.
    Anyway, if you 'must' assume the role of housewife, demand a fifties (think Mad Men) housewife style. I'd be very happy if that was the case.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

That's okay if you like housework I guess. I hate it but know it needs to be done, so would insist it be shared. Besides doing things together as a team is sometimes a lot more fun than doing them alone.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 03-06-2014 at 09:42 PM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My wife also started a new job a few months back that involve her to work longer hours, at first she was rushing home and then cooking and cleaning. I was raised a spoiled Italian boy with my mother and grandmother as my full time servants and never really learned to cook much. I couldn't see her anymore rushing home and doing everything so I asked her to teach me how to do anything so I could make her day easier. Now with her help when she gets home dinner is ready and I help her clean up a little around the house. The kids don't come home for dinner much so it's much more fun cooking when dressed in fem and she likes to make fun jokes on how I have become the lady of the house. She really thanks me for the help and she does buy me fem things in a way of thanking me

Maybe there's something wrong with me but from the time I moved into my first apt.I have done all the daily chores and now in my home I still do all the womans work and then some, I guess being single has alot to do with it. I'm just a cleanaholic and neat I even wash the windows both sides. I have been told that I would make a great wife to someone; if only they knew ;and this was from women. Well enough said.

Bye-Bye Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Gold Member
    My wife would insist of me wearing a dress when I did the Vacuuming or the floors.
    It was fun. I always wanted a Mrs Beaver dress or similar, but could never find one in my size.
    Good luck on your new job; with benefits.
    Rader

At least you do have some benefits with it. Being a widower, I get to be breadwinner and housemouse. My benefit is no one gives me a list nor do I hear about it if something doesn't get done. Enjoy!

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Silver Member
    I never thought being a housewife was bad. Told my grandparents back in the 50s that I didn't think it would be bad if I was a one. They both had a heart attack. Little did they know how close I came. I can sew, iron, clean and cook better than most women. BUT, so can my wife. We share jobs.

Banned Read only
    I've been retired for six plus years. I assumed the domestic chores which is only fair since my wife still is employed outside the home. Am I to lay around and watch television and eat bon bons all day, while she toils? I do the laundry, ironing, vacuuming, wash the dishes, bake, do meal preparation, change the linens. Of course most of the time I am totally en femme, but, not always. And, because she does not drive due to a visual impairment I also do a lot of the other family chores outside the home.

And the problem is????
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I didn't read everyone's responses, not enough time. However, I feel like I was already the housewife in my relationship. That was when we were in college all the way up until now still. It tends to add to.my GD, and I honestly don't mind much, except my wife has a habit of blaming me for doing things wrong (food wasn't put away, clothes not washed, etc), but I get little to no help doing them. Even taking care of our 11 month old, I honestly feel my wife is threatened because I believe I'd be a better mother (but I don't say that) .