Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First outing this coming Saturday...

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar

First outing this coming Saturday...

Well, the time has come. My first outing will be this coming Saturday to a social group that stems from somebody I met here. This will be my first time out fully en femme, around other people fully en femme, aside from trying on outfits with my GF without makeup.

I'm a nervous wreck, can't decide on an outfit, going crazy trying to figure out when to start my routines on how to get ready...wishing I had Sunday off so I could enjoy it longer. Nervous about applying makeup for the first time...since because of my living situation I can't readily experiment.

This night represents a culmination of years of evolving. It's also a dress rehearsal...pardon the pun, for my first outing with my GF. It feels like there is a lot of weight on my shoulders...and nobody put it there but me. But I am so utterly excited, despite my nerves. I cannot wait to see Caden emerge for the first time. This is going to be amazing.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Caden,
    Congratulations !!
    Sounds like you're going to have a really exciting night Saturday. The time of your life. So where do you plan to go in Savannah?
    My suggestions,, Keep the outfit simple, buy yourself some jewelry, try to find comfortable shoes.
    Hey, Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Don't expect perfect make-up the first time. It takes a lot of practice & patience, maybe one of the others can help.
    Be sure to take time & ENJOY the evening!

I would love to go with you but I'm meeting others near Charlotte that night.

Hugs, Connie Marie

Well, this time around we are just staying in at a friends house. They usually go out after meeting there, but they are deferring to stay in since its my first time dressed. There will be other times to go out. Already have a charm bracelet on loan from my GF, (which I've bought a few charms to add to it for me,) wont have earrings because I haven't gotten my right ear pierced yet. But wig will hide ears. Shoes will be fine for this...but will need lower heels to go out in. The outfit is still the hard part.Trying to find the right combination. I am sooooooooo excited!
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

Way to go. My first outing is tomorrow night. We'll have to compare notes next week.
    Go have fun!!!

Shelby

Always fun that first one, and maybe the next 100, good luck
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Enjoy the moment and the excitement! You'll never get that 'first time' again, and beyond all the anxiety, you'll have a great and wonderful time!

Ohh the butterflies! I feel excited for you, and I hope it goes well for you.

Good Luck Caden!

I'm sure you'll have a great time once the butterflies settle - enjoy the anticipation and the time out, will be great to hear about it all afterwards, once you can stop your hands shaking enough to type!

We'll be thinking of you...!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Caden,

CONGRATS on your upcoming fun and I am sure you will have a great time. It can be scary but once you get out there just relax and enjoy the ride.

Hugs

Isha

Several friends have told me I'm being such a girl about this. Which only made me giddy on top of nervous. Lol. But it's all awesome feelings. My wonderful GF is still being supportive and calm me down. She is sooo awesome. Thanks for listening to me babble ladies.
    Eddie Izzard

I am excited for you Caden, and eagerly await reading about your first night out.
    You've analyzed this thing to death, haven't you? Well ... now you need to have confidence in your analysis, have confidence in your execution, and have confidence that you will have a good time.

You go girl.

Best wishes
    MsVal

I'm a planner by nature. I go diving or camping, there are lists. For the first time in my life, there isn't a physical list. I just didn't want to constrain Caden by a list. I want things to be fluid, natural. But that isn't to say I don't have backup plans. Backup clothes, protective measures in purse and emergency cash stashed. Makeup remover packed before makeup so I can be sure I can get the makeup off before I get home. Multiple outfits selected in case I change my mind. Not that I've made up my mind. Lol. But yes, I've over analyzed everything. I just hope I haven't squeezed the fun out of it. I don't think I have, since I'm still looking forward to it.
    Eddie Izzard

Caden,
    I assure you the dress rehearsal will go without a hitch.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Caden
    Breathe ! It will be one of the best nights of your life. Smile and just beam to the world how happy you are. We will all be with you. A lot of us have been in your heels!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Caden, deep breaths to overcome the nerves. Hope hope it goes really well for you

Hugs
    Abbey xx
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Caden, having just went to dinner en femme last night, I know Just what you mean! I hadn't been out until this week (outside Halloween events) for many many years.

So, while of Course I tried different outfits, nearly "chickened" out and went with girl jeans, tried to find the balance for a casual dinner in Santa Cruz with makeup, too, I reminded myself over and over that I can Relax as I free my girl side.
    My male mannerisms are kind of Put On, though natural with all my years of practice. My point there was that I behave femme more easily when I Don't try to.

This outing sounds much like my first time this week, at a TG support group. Last night was just me and another gurl at a restaurant. Wow. You'll love it.

Hugs,
    Audrey

Don't dream it. Be it.

Here for a visit
    Good luck with this. Hopefully you won't be traumatized

I can't wait yto hear of your adventures. Take a deep breath show the world your inner confidence. This will serve you well
    Life is too short, take life less seriously

I literally wanna cry right now... But for an entirely different reason than shelbydawns thread. I just found out that the social group I was meeting tonight had to cancel due to various reasons within the groups membership. They reunited me for next weekend. But I guess I spent too much time building it up for this weekend. To the point that it just suuuuuuuucks.
    Eddie Izzard

Gone to live my life
    Caden,

Sorry to hear about that . . . oh well one more week to hone your skill and something to look forward to.

Hugs

Isha

Just relax and enjoy the moment. you will be fine.

Hugs, Shelly

Be calm and have fun! You will not want the night to end.

Caden,

See if you can find a local gender friendly place to go and GO ANYWAY!!!

It is an amazingly liberating experience and even if you just go have one drink, it will be worth it.

Shelby

Platinum Member
    Relax. Your gf is there to guide and support you.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Caden......thats sad it diddnt pan out...diddnt you know when you post about a future outing in the forum it gets jinxed by the mighty forum gods ?? It happens way to often to be a coincidence , and I believe there is a higher power at work here. LOL....sorry it diddnt pan out...if at first you dont succeed......try, try again...