Thread: Inspiring Change

Inspiring Change

It has come to my attention to tomorrow in International Women's Day.

Though many would argue that we (MtF) are not women there are others who would argue that we are. I for one feel that MtF people deserve to be honoured along side women though I in no way mean to lessen the importance of the day for those born female. We are all women whether born it or not, whether full time or not. Because after all, being female is a physical condition of reproductive organs but being woman is a state of being.

With that in mind, I would like to propose a question or two:
    Have transgendered peoples inspired change and how?
    How can we express our solidarity with women without appearing to demean or infringe on what it is to be a woman or the issues of the suffering of women?
    In what ways, even small acts, can we inspire change - for women, ourselves, or the human race at large?

There is so much petty prejudice against women. We can try to counter it and lead by example. I once worked in an almost all male group that included two women. The women were expected to get coffee for everyone in the morning. About once a week I made a point of getting the coffee for everyone myself. It wasn't much, but it made a point.

Platinum Member
    Hi Aeslyn, I just saw that on the Google banner.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    There is so much petty prejudice against women.
    There's a fair amount of prejudice against men too, and some of it is life-threatening, not petty.

Until we call all learn to get along and treat each other fairly we will still have need of feel-good commemorative events such as "Women's Day"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

If you come across an event supporting women just accept and say yes to womens rights.

There are a lot of support groups and by just showing interest you lend support.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.