Thread: Five Days of Bliss

Five Days of Bliss

I never get a chance to catch up around here! I always intend to post something about some experiences, I open the door to the forum, get hooked on everyone's posts and pictures, and before I know it I'm too tired to actually post anything!

So here is a brief recap of experiences over the past few days (en femme of course!).

Day 1: (Black pants and a purple blouse, walking shoes) Joined members of my women's social groups for a docent led tour of the Ronald Reagan Library. About ten of us, split into two groups of five, spent a couple of hours. It is a magnificent facility.

We toured Air Force One (tail number 27000) and took several pictures together. Unfortunately, I forgot to take one with just me in it!

We had our lunch sitting at the on-site cafe and chatting. Afterwards we explored the visiting Spy exhibit that I believe may have closed and moved on as of this past weekend.

It was quite good. I'd toured it rather hurredly a few weeks ago but had a better chance to see it in depth this time. It was particularly interesting to see the stories of the female spies of the past.

After our visit about five of us went to one of our favorite restaurants in the area for a very enjoyable dinner.

Several of us were planning to go from there to a speaker program at a local library but we all decided we were just too tired.

Day 2: (Started with very casual jeans and t-shirt) My regular manicure and scheduled pedicure. I've been going to the same person for years and we chat and have a good time as she does my nails. Often the conversations will also involve other customers and staff, many of whom I have also known for long periods of time.

OPI's "Hey Baby!"

That evening my spouse, my son and I went to our private club to catch a performance by one of our old friends. I wore a light dress and my favorite "go-to" open-toed 4-1/2" stilettoes (to show off my pedicure, of course!).

It was pouring rain, the sort of rain that is far more common in south Florida than in southern California, but we were determined.

The show was excellent, we spent a few moments congratulating our friend, and went to a very nice Hollywood restaurant and pub, The Cat and Fiddle, for a late supper. We all shared a Welsh Rarebit appetizer and I enjoyed a very good Guinness, Steak, and Mushroom Pie accompanied by a Young's Double Chocolate Stout.

Day 3: (red skirt, white blouse, 3" wedge sandals) An early morning as three of us, my spouse, a gg friend, and I went to our monthly women's spirituality experience. I love this event! A couple of hundred women chant, sing, and dance, twirling around the room in a giant circle of togetherness. For me it is one of the most affirming moments of my life as I am one with the group.

As we were getting ready to head into lunch I had one of those restroom encounters we always warn forum beginners about. I had stopped off at the ladies’ room and, as I was washing up, another woman whom I’ve met a time or two came in, followed by another woman. The one I’d met struck up a conversation with me as I dried my hands. We chatted for a moment and then it became a three-way conversation as the woman I did not know joined in from one of the stalls.

One of “Persephone’s Rules” is “Don’t talk if you can’t be seen,” but she’d already seen me so the conversation just proceeded as she finished in the stall and washed her hands. We ended up sitting on a couch outside for a few minutes as she told me all about her life and her various medical issues.

I still find it very difficult to break off a woman-to-woman conversation in a polite manner, but, eventually, I did and was able to join my friends at lunch. We have a table of about seven of us who regularly lunch together, about half of whom I only see at the monthly event.

Two days of relative quiet and work at home which I’ll compress as there is nothing interesting to say about them.

Day 4: (Black pants, white top, and 3” wedges) We get together once a week with a group of friends and we all go to a gastropub for a couple of hours, during which we have dinner and play trivia. This time there were six of us, Eryn and Mimi from here on the forum, my spouse and I, and my best “guy mode” friend and his wife.

My friend’s daughter generally comes too. She hangs out with her friends at a different table. But always comes by to say “Hello” and to do hugs and air-kisses with everyone.

My son is usually there too, not at our table, but this time he had a bit of surprise as he brought his new girlfriend with him as well! As the evening progressed he brought her by and introduced her. Fortunately, knowing we would be there he’d already briefed her on his parent’s story.

Day 5: (Jeans and t-shirt, 3” wedges) It’s our monthly day at the hairdressers. My spouse and I go together and have our hair done. There is always constant chatter with our hairdresser (we’ve been clients of hers for 35 years!) and with the others in the salon.

Having someone else shampoo your hair and massage your scalp is one of the most relaxing and sensuous experiences around! Takes you right back to childhood!

Washed, set, curled, and under the dryer

Afterwards, my spouse and I had lunch at the restaurant that we usually go to after getting our hair done. The waitress knows us by now and has become friendly.

We each had a light lunch as we had dinner plans for the evening.

I spent the next couple of hours working en femme back at the house as I didn’t want to mess up my hair. My guy best friend came over to help and we worked together. He is amazingly accepting of me en femme, calls me by my femme name, and is one of the most wonderful people in my life, but he does remind me from time to time that while he is O.K. with Barbara he is really “David’s friend.”

After he left we started getting ready for our evening, a dressy affair at the world-famous Magic Castle!

I wore one of my favorite evening dresses, gold earrings and necklace my spouse had given me, and my 4-1/2” black open-toed stilettoes.

Photos are only allowed outside, not inside, the Castle

We arrived at the Castle about 6:30 and headed directly to the waiting area for one of the shows. The magician for that show was Helder Guimaraes. He is incredible! He’s won the prestigious Academy of Magical Arts “Parlour Magician of the Year” for the past two years and it was easy to see why.

My son and his girlfriend were hoping to get to the Castle in time to see his show but Los Angeles traffic made them run late and they, sadly, missed it.

When we came out they were in a different part of the Castle at a different show but we all got together for dinner. It makes for an interesting evening when you are really having a chance to talk with your son’s new girlfriend for the first time (we’d only met briefly the night before) and so far she’s only ever been with you when you’re en femme!

We all had a wonderful time and great conversation over dinner, not to mention that the food is, of course, excellent!

After dinner we went into the main, Palace, show which featured some wonderful performers, Tina Lenert and Mike Caveney, followed by a beautiful retrospective levitation created by John Gaughan and performed by Lady Mystina.

Exiting the Palace we headed over to the more intimate Parlour for a closing performance by Jon Armstrong, a very gifted performer.

Day 6: (Guy chinos and polo shirt) The next day was a “guy day” spent with that same best friend, so I won’t bore you with the details. But after a visit to the hobby shop I’m getting interested in quad copter video drones. Anyone have any thoughts on the Heli-Max 1SQ V-cam as an intro?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 03-07-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Junior Member Kristina_nolagirl's Avatar
    New Orleans and San Francisco a few times a year. Also travel the US.
    Hi Persephone!

I just read over your story and I had to let you know how inspiring it is - thanks for sharing! It's so great to see people living their life the way they want to and successfully integrating their feminine self into their life. All that comes to mind is - you go girl!
    My Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinanolagirl/

Better get busy living, or you get busy dying.

Barbara, I feel like I've been with you all week!

My feet hurt, I'm worn out physically - but I too am uplifted by that lovely journal. Thank you for sharing it.

And now I now where you get all the energy for weeks like that... You can't go wrong with a lass who likes a glass of stout!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

You are completely amazing!!! I love to hear about your adventures!!!

You just have too much fun!!! And I'm jealous!

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Barbara looks like a great time out and you have described a few now.

I was more interested in your chopper drone.

I used a R/C aircraft with a wingspan of 4 ft to carry cameras aloft.

Could only stay up about five mins. so you had to be on your toes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    so you had to be on your toes.
    Thanks, Beverly, I pretty much always am!

If I get the quadcopter I might be able to take selfies from the air!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    A great week, full of activities and good friends. I'm glad you have so much to enjoy in your life.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt