Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being Authentic

Banned Read only
    Isha, your post could not have come at a better time. It certainly gives me a better answer to one of the questions my sister Janice keeps asking me. And while I had no problem living my life as I am, your post put it better than I could. So the next time my sister asks me about how I feel when I an en femme, I'll be able to answer with "Authentic!"

Very insightful and informational post. Thank you Isha for taking the time to write it.

Isha, as usual a real thought provoker!! I'll have to ponder all of this for a while,

Hugs Bria

Isha - Thought inspiring as usual. Authentic to me is a compound term (multi layered) I cannot be authentic when I lie to people. I lie by omission to my son and work colleagues as well as everyone else I know apart from my wife..
    Authentic is a great term but its relative and only associated with me. I know what I am and can be honest with my wife. Honesty is a large part of life (to me anyway). So to be authentic do I have to be Honest? - I believe so. So if I am not honest with everyone around me I am not being authentic. Its a catch 22.
    I try to balance my life to live both sides of my personality with dignity. This as we all know is difficult but I manage (at present) as I have a great partner who lets Ellie do her thing.
    In a perfect world I could be honest with everyone around me but I know my world wouldn't be perfect if I tried that in this imperfect world.
    So really I'm as authentic a 20th century Chippendale dresser....

Great Thread as usual - Ellie

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    Thank you for the uplifting moment. In my current battle with daily ridicule from my wife, I needed some sunshine.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Thanks Isha you may have just saved me a whole lot of money I might have spent on fuel for the motorcycle.
    But that also means that next ride will probably be a lot shorter, damn!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Isha
    This is my word for the year. It has driven me through fear for the past 12 months from the moment I told my wife. I just can't hide or lie anymore. I feel so happy and real when I am allowed to be Suzannne. I know that isn't the truth for everyone here. That is just what is true for me. Isha thanks so much for your support and thoughtfulness!
    Suzanne

"My point being that we all make decision based on what works for us. Some will tell their family others won't. Some will dress up and go clubbing others won't. Some will say indoors and others will go out. We may share something in common but we are all different. If you are happy expressing yourself in the way you deem appropriate to your life's circumstance then who cares what others think. If you need to change your authenticity in order to be happy, only you will know when that change is needed and will act on it when required. Don't drink the "purple Kool-Aid because someone tells you it is good for you. Do what you need to do to be happy with who you are . . . AUTHENTIC."

I would like to think I'm authentic, but sometimes I'm not too sure. I certainly agree with what you have said here.

Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!