Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Hair

Man Hair

I hate my body hair! When I was younger and in shape I had a shaved body for a short time, while I was joining some friends at a club. The problem now is I am not a public dresser and have a well established career in a construction equipment type field, I worry that if I were to shave or wax it may raise some eyebrows. I do have completely bald calves though, doc said it is likely due to my very low "T", only wish the "issue" would spread! I guess I could always claim that it did.

Hi Susan!

I had a friend who was an ardent bike rider. He claimed he shaved so that they wouldn't have to do it at the hospital after one of his spills. Said it was best to pre-shave, particularly for road rash. Maybe you could make a similar claim if anyone notices.

In some cases some meds can cause body hair loss so maybe your doctor prescribed one of those? You might, or might not, actually be taking some of those meds.

And hey, if construction guys are noticing some other guy's hairless bod, isn't that kinda back on them anyway?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Haven't you heard, body shaving is in for men! Even King Gillette agrees, in very manly fashion:

I haven't had arm leg or body hair for years and nobody has said a word. I live in SoCal where shorts are worn year-round. I see a lot of men without visible body hair. It gets no attention at all.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I live in a part of the country that isn't known for their tolerance if you you get my meaning. I knew a body builder who shaved for competition and ended up getting a lot of flak for it.

There are a lot of reasons to shave body hair.
    -Excess sweat
    -body odor
    -rash
    -in grown hairs
    -Bugs love body hair. All kinds of bugs, not just THOSE kinds of bugs.
    -tanning
    -women prefer less hair

Pick your favorites and run with them.
    Additional fun fact: Most guys in the infantry shave from the waist to the hairline because of the stench and bug factors.

man hair

I have never had hair on my legs, just never grew in. I can only remeber one comment, I was in my biking shorts, and my nieghbor said he was going to start biking and thought shaved legs was just part of the outfit. When you really start looking there are alot of guys with hairless legs and arms. I have been shaving my arms for years, no one has said a thing.
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

Like you Susan, my calves are completely hair free. My skin is very dry in that area, even if a hair grows simply rubbing it causes it to drop out. ( Hmm maybe I should stop rubbing my head too )
    I work in a factory and get changed around my fellow workers, so I don't shave everywhere for that reason. I do keep my chest and arm pits free thou as they are fairly hidden.
    ( although in the past, when somebody noticed I just let them know I shaved all 9 of them off.. )
    I actually had my physical this week, ( you know, that one !! ) the Dr never batted an eye.

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    Susan. SWEETIE... wax. It's a pain. Literally, but it's so freeing! My silkiest of silkies feel all the more delicious on smooth, hair free skin. Well worth the trouble. As for raising any eyebrows... all the sexy guys in Hollywood wax...

Just did a complete body hair removal today. I work in the building trades and 1 of the old guys so long pants and a shirt are always on even in the dog days of summer so no skin showing that might be questioned. Like I've said before when asked about my shaved under arms I just say it's for health reasons, which in some way it really is. Now that I've been hairless for years I will never go back.

Bye-Bye Lisa
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Silver Member
    Your lack of hair on your calves probably has more to do with age and decreasing circulation than low T.

For what it is worth, hair decreases on the extremities as you age, so if someone makes a comment.... there is your excuse. it is a medical fact they can look up and can challenge them on if they are really bent on embarrassing you.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Susan,

I am a very hairy guy (thanks genetics ) but have kept my body shaved complete for years. Now this had nothing to do with TG/CD and everything for UFC competition fighting (nothing hurts more than having hair ripped out of your body ). Being in the military, do I get flak . . . yeah but I don't let it bother me.

I guess my question to you is what can you live with? If you really want to shave your body and don't care what others think . . . do so. You can use any story given thus far (biking, exercising, trying on a new look, it is the in thing to do) or just tell people to take a hike. If you are concerned then do it gradually. Perhaps get everyone use to smooth legs over time, then chest, then arms, etc. If you do it gradually, people are less likely to take notice.

In the end even if you work in an environment where you might get some flak, most people will push it a few times then move on to something different once they get board "Oh look a butterfly" . If I get flak, I normally come back with "Yeah I shave my body for UFC fighting . . . want a demo?"

Hugs

Isha

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    If questioned, simply state that your SO prefers you smooth shaven when applying baby oil for an evening of passionate love making. That ought to make you the envy of the neighborhood!

Gone to live my life
    LOL . . . best reason for doing so I have heard so far.

Hugs

Isha

There was a presenter on tv recently, and he had to get into a swimming pool for a segment, and he had hairy legs, and my reaction was geez, he could have made an effort! i have lots of cyclists as clients and they make a point of being clean shaven when i need to work on their legs. Its become a thing that people don't care too much about. I was trimming down there to look better in lace when i realised how much hair was actually growing out of my little man.. i went to war and plucked ever one out with tweezers.. Thing with body hair removing is knowing where to stop. i am mastering the epilator atm and waiting for the colder weather to get back below the shorts line. The best reason is probably "Hey, do i need a reason?" ; )

Banned Read only
    Hi Susan,
    Man hair is so frustrating, both my brother-in-laws and my father in law have no leg hair and very little chest hair, my son has no chest hair and yet I had the Sean Connery look by 21. I could shave my legs 3 times a week and my chest hair grows almost as quick as my face. If I did a full body shave I'd probably be 24/7 in the bathroom!

I wonder what my "T" might be I have hairless legs.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Don't worry about it nobody cares that much if you don't have hair on your body.Not like your guy friends are going to say anything because it would be "too gay" to even mention it.
    Your wife that may be a problem if she likes you hairy.
    I worked as a truck driver for many years and at a company picnic I had to remove my shirt to change and a few of the guys were doing the same thing and no one said a word about my shaved arms and chest.
    They never said anything about my pale pink toe nails either. Its all in your head and you need to get over thinking everyone is watching you.

Banned Read only
    One of my local television stations does a segment each night concerning preferences, likes and dislikes, etc. One of the questions and answers indicated the majority of women these days prefer a man with no chest hair. I have to assume if the women want a shaved chest, they would also prefer the hair on the back be shaved also. I have never had hair on my calves too. So, if your calves are without hair, shave your chest and legs too. Blame it on a woman! Hair on the arms? I'm still trying to figure that out myself. Other than wearing long sleeves, there's too much one can do about that during the warmer months.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yea shave that ish........nobody is going to notice or care...not in this day & age...

I've shaved my leg underarms and upper chest fo a few years now olny had to comments that went no where.I'llbe doing my belly and arms soon.:hug
    Angies:

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    If some one asks why you have no hair...tell them that hair doesn't grow on steel.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I guess you could change what Lynne suggested just a bit and get a really dramatic response, i.e.,

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    If questioned, simply state that your SO prefers you smooth shaven when applying baby oil for an evening of passionate love making. That ought to make you the envy of the neighborhood!
    could become:

If questioned, simply state that, "Your SO prefers me smooth shaven when applying baby oil for an evening of passionate love making."

Punctuation and capitalization can be so much fun...

Shelby
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyDawn View Post
    Punctuation and capitalization can be so much fun...
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Let's eat Grandma!

Commas, omit them at your own peril!

Really, if someone is so impolite as to question your personal grooming the only response should be:

"Because I like it this way."

If you're feeling like toying with them you might add:

"Is there a particular reason that you notice such things?"

or:

"and so does my wife, nudge nudge, wink wink, saynomore!"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member
    I too think that now a days no one really cares or would even say anything about the lack of body hair be it for any reason; shaving, natural lack of, or chemo...I think men shaving body hair is more common now than we realize.

Yeah it is common that men shave their body hair off for many different reasons. Im a flatbed trucker and plan to shave my legs, chest and underarms, it makes me feel more comfortable and girly.
    We are, who we are no one can change that. Be strong and be who you feel you are inside.