Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pantyhose Attitudes

Pantyhose Attitudes

This was a really neat experience.

I was at a consignment store for the first time. I walked in wearing a skirt and blouse, nude hose, and flats. I was presenting male otherwise. The clerk in the store talked to me a little. She was very personable. I was feeling pretty good about my outfit, so I asked her for her opinion to make sure I wasn't missing something. She said, "I would lose the hose." I explained that I probably wouldn't crossdress if pantyhose were not involved.

I came back to the store later when I had time to shop more. I tried on a couple outfits. She found me some nice things to try on. Once again, she recommended that I reconsider the hose. Or at least not wear nude hose. She commented on how they are a bit too "Old Lady". I said that if she saw what my legs looked like without hose, she might change her mind. I decided to do something that I had never done before. I took off my pantyhose while I was in the dressing room and came out in my next outfit without the hose. She looked at my legs and her expression changed. Then she said, "I never thought I would ever say this, but I think I like the hose." She went on to say that my legs looked flawless in them. (Leggs Sheer Energy Active Support) She was amazed at how big a difference they made. She and the other clerk started saying that they should reconsider wearing pantyhose. The other clerk said, "I think I should start wearing pantyhose all the time!"

I think I have, somewhat accidentally, made the world a better place!

I have been saying something similar for years here. These non-pantyhose wearing young ladies will one day realize that pantyhose help beautify the legs, cover flaws that build up over the years. Thanks for sharing your story.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Good for you. I've never been able to understand why so many women don't take advantage of all the enhancements available to them. Why on earth would you want to present yourself as any less than the very best you can be?

Pantyhose seemed to be the antidote to all the flaws that i had never noticed until i shaved my legs for the first time. Swings and roundabouts i guess…

Platinum Member
    not a huge fan of them.... but less of a fan of cold ... own them wear them .... don't care for them....cold out yes wear them... warm out bare leggs.....

Grannyhose does seem to be the prevelant additude with the younger croud But I like the was they make me look and feel

I think pantyhose just finish up the look. A must have. Even if your legs look great bare.
    There diffidently coming back, in colors to match the out fit.

I love them everything about them - except how they make my feet slip around in my shoes. Especially heels. Arrgghh!

I have always said that if your bare legs look 100% without hose, why not go for 110% with them. I have very rarely seen any woman's legs that I didn't think would look better with hose than without. They also help the appearance of the feet also.

The number one complaints about pantyhose (that I have heard) are how they bind behind the knees or sag. I think that most of the women that hate hosiery because of this would actually like them if they had spent a little more money on a better pair rather than save a dollar or two by buying a cheap "everyday" pair or dollar store pantyhose.

My favorite part of any conversation about hosiery is when they say "if you like them so much, you wear them and you'll see what I am talking about". Little do they know
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I love Pantyhose as much as the next guy, but who am I to blow against the wind? Women have written them off, I saw a women wearing them on the red carpet recently, and she was mocked by the female announcer as looking like a little girl, after all women don't wear them anymore. Well except for old ladies with Varicose veins.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

The only time I think a woman actually looks like a little girl is when she is wearing tights. I have always felt they were made for a really young crowd, not grown women, but a lot of them that say they hate pantyhose will wear tights in a minute. I never understood this because tights have less elastic to them and would sag and bind a lot faster than a good pair of pantyhose will. I think the same can be said about thigh highs also, yet they will wear them also.

I think the announcer was probably part of the crowd that personally hates them so she zeroed in on them just to have something to talk about. I find that a lot of women really do hate them and will bash the look just so they don't make a come back as they have been in recent times, then they may have to wear them themselves

No one should wear whatever makes them feel uncomfortable though but for a lot of women, especially the newer generation, they have never worn a pair a day in their lives to actually make a judgement whether they like them or not. There are a lot of benefits to wearing hose other than smoothing the look of the legs. Grand mothers actually come from a wiser time in this life so maybe they should take note

jjjjoanne proved to the SA's that maybe they have bought into a frame of mind that shouldn't exist. Of coarse though, this is just my opinion
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Johanne,
    If you have hairy or otherwise non perfect legs, any sort of covering is going to help matters.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Pantyhose are great I love them but one thing they don't do is keep you warm when it is cold outside. imo

Platinum Member
    Well, as one ages the imperfections of life become more pronounced. My teenage granddaughter has terrific looking skin; face, legs, etc. Me? Pale, veins, etc. The same can be said of GG's my age (65+). Whether it be pantyhose or thigh high stockings (my preference) of a good quality it does wonders for one's legs, especially if you have the pale complexion of a northern European.

Next time go in wearing the knee highs that your grandma used to wear, lol. Once an SA told me my pantyhose were wrinkled… but I wasn't wearing any! OK, that was an old Rodney Dangerfield joke.

Bare legs kind of require some fake tan stuff.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Cannot beat the feeling of them either.

Young celebs like Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez, and Katy Perry are making nude pantyhose more mainstream, I think. Fashion is like a pendulum; it will swing back to hose for a decade or two and we crossdressers can hopefully revel in all sorts of advertisements and TV commercials again!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    not a huge fan of them.... but less of a fan of cold ... own them wear them .... don't care for them....cold out yes wear them... warm out bare leggs.....
    this is how i feel too...the colored ones are pretty cool too....the nudes look like something a 7 yr old girl would wear at a dance recital though

Banned Read only
    Something most seem to forget is that pantyhose are simply a TOOL. One of many. Like any tool, they have their advantages and disadvantages. I agree that "nothing beats a great pair of legs" but see no reason to cover legs that look great without them. Just like makeup... Some ladies are already stunning w/o makeup. Pantyhose ARE a form of makeup. They just happen to feel good and support pantyhose offer additional benefits even if worn under clothing.

I think very few here realize how long Mantyhose have been around and/or just what a huge market there is for them? I doubt that very few here would wear them...

Pantyhose and/or heels allow many/most CDers to VISUALLY come closer to emulating FEmale legs. The easiest FEmale bodypart by far a man to "pull off". Little wonder they are the most popular CDing item by far and likely the item most started with.
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 03-09-2014 at 03:07 PM. Reason: y/e

the nudes look like something a 7 yr old girl would wear at a dance recital though
    Actually, no. This may have been true once, but 21st cent. technology has produced nude sheers that look and feel great without looking dowdy or old-ladyish. Just like others comments about women's attitudes about hosiery is based on hosiery of the past, so is this one. Try the new Hue sheers in 'natural' and you'll understand - not your grandmothers' hose!

Best,
    SS

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I work hard to maintain my legs, so why cover them up?

To me less is more, I find panty hose a waste. I do wear black stockings with certain dresses other then that my legs are bare 95% of the time.

Candice, you have gorgeous legs and certainly don't need hose to make them look good. But if I recall, you are either already living as a woman or are transitioning to live as one. So for you, the illicit thrill is likely gone, this is just who you are. I might feel the same way if I were in your shoes (pun intended). But for us plain old crossdressers, pantyhose, thigh highs or stockings enhance the feminine experience greatly. I'm with Wildaboutheels on this one.

You do look great, though, and I still love those shoes! Too bad they don't make them anymore!

Take care

Shibumi

I know what you mean, Johanne! My legs are a mass of scars from the knee down. I also have a lot of ugly spots caused by a medication I was on for a while. But pantyhose, even very sheer ones, make my legs look perfect. I'm definitely a "pantyhose for life" girl.

For me getting the right fit determines whether or not I like a pair of hose. If they don't fit right I am constantly fighting with them rolling at the top or they are sagging down along the legs. When they do fit right you can forget you are wearing them.

Let s all go to the Hanes store. Choice of stay ups, pantyhose, and all the colors possible. I love the stay ups. The trouble is sometimes they don't stay up unless your legs are shaved. Oh, great reason shave the legs. And yes, nothing beats a great pair of legs, maybe the great feeling.