Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever take pics while dressed...

Banned Read only

Do you ever take pics while dressed...

would be a dumb Q. Very dumb. And I am in no way making an attempt to force anyone out of their closet.

To shop for heels.

BUT... there is no way around it. It's an inescapable FACT. No matter how great heels might look in the store, some WILL make your legs look worse and some WILL make your legs look better. No use trying to figure out exactly why and I am not talking about color or style. They must be tried on and viewed in a mirror or photographed to see if they "flatter" or "insult" your legs. And some are far more "tolerable" comfort wise than others.

This ^^^ would make it easy to imagine that ladies who are strictly closet dressers are likely the ones who do most of the online ordering? Seems like it would make it awfully difficult to find comfortable and/or "flattering" shoes? Or maybe you usually order in a couple of styles and sizes and return some?

Part of the reason I ask is because most of my heels are 10 & 11s with a few 12s. [I wear a 11 in mens] Sizing, just like jeans, is all over the map.

One of the biggest benefits of trying them on in a store is to at least find ONE pair with a 3 or 4 inch heel that are COMFORTABLE enough to walk around in for practice and or "train" your feet/legs/body & balance. Just because they ARE heels is no reason to be miserable when wearing them.
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 03-09-2014 at 03:03 PM. Reason: sp.

I agree. I probably try on a dozen pair before I find one that both fits and flatters. Fit is the difficult thing and from what I understand this afflicts GGs just as much as it does CDers. The only difference is that GGs have years of flexibility training that I lack.

One style that I've found to be particularly wearable is the mid-heel (2-1/2" to 3") bootie. I have a couple of pair that are comfortable enough for extended walks like mall outings. They provide a bit of ankle support and are roomy enough that my toes don't feel that they are being squished. One really great thing is that they work well across seasons. I wear them out often even though I am 6'2".

I see no reason to wear a 4" heel for "training." If you can walk well in a 3" chunky heel you can easily adapt to a 4" pointy heel for special occasions. You're just going to walk slower and with shorter steps, just as a GG would do.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I plan to take pics when I fully dress except for shoes, as I dont have any atm. I have wondered about heels and walking in them.
    We are, who we are no one can change that. Be strong and be who you feel you are inside.

I got all my shoes online. While I think it gives much more time to compare and choose (I usually take HOURS), it's kind of a lottery to know how or IF they'll fit.

I've bought about 15 pairs, and so far I had to return 2 of them to get a smaller number. If is a boot it doesn't matter that much if they are bigger, but those were pumps and they were slipping off my feet. Some of them do not fit that well and are NOT confortable, but I've never regretted getting any of them.

Right now I'm waiting for a white boot I got online, let's see how it goes.

I've taken pictures while dressed just not my shoes. It is way different from what you see in the mirror to what the picture shows, IMO

I agree. Seeing yourself totally dressed with heels is a good way of seeing what others might see. I love seeing pictures of myself fully dressed when everything is totally feminine.

GG/SO of a CD
    I prefer to take pictures of what the shoes I am trying on look like "through another lense" before buying them. Sometimes they look better in your mind than then look when you take a picture. Good deterrent to not waste money on crappy shoes.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    the real question here should be..."Who Dosent".....LOL....

I try them on in store before purchase, in either mode I might add.
    Then if they are crap after that, I return them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I used to love taking pictures but I purged them all a few years ago. I didn't want them "floating around the internet", so to say. I miss having them but am still forcing myself to remain "picture-less" for now.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    For me the shoes defiantly complete the outfit almost as much as the wig. Now for me like many here I've got that hard to find size 11 or 12. So my shoe options are limited in store. Never bought any shoes online. Like Eryn I've got a pair of the ankle booties and love them.

I enjoy taking selfies when dressed, who doesnt

Would try them on in high street store if had my shoe size
    Unfortunately only my size in Adult Stores who have seen it all.
    Think i posted some changing room selfies a while back.
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

It is hard to shop for heels really but lucky for me, the man I'm with works at his family store which is a small local shoe shop. I don't dress outside the home so if I want a pair of heels we go after hours and try them on, and I do still pay full price . The rest of the clothing, he goes and buys for his girl, me, and that is what he tells the check out if they ask though they usually don't. We tend to stick to a very certain style of clothing, mainly because that is what i'm most comfortable in and look best in so yea. As for the pictures, of course I take them, and they are put up around our place, well not all lol, but pictures are a part of life and I love being taking pics.

Non-Binary / Two-Spirit

Self Images & Shoes

I have taken pictures, but I'm usually not happy with the results. What I feel and what the picture shows are different. If only I could Photoshop my physical face and body... then... PRESTO-CHANGE-O! Perhaps someday I'll have the talents to edit a picture to reflect my own mental self image.

I do have a few pairs of heels I have bought and I wear them in my home. I do love the feeling of femininity they project in my mind, being a child of the 1950's. But in this rural area it's a rare sight as they're just not practical. It's like the difference between city and country living here. So I concentrate on feminine casual shoes that I can wear outside and mix better with my masculine side.
    Don't suppress who you are inside your heart. Let the world know how special you really are. Don't forget to smile as you share. It will come through in your beautiful words.

Your Sister/Brother,
    Debbie/Steve

Banned Read only
    I never take pictures while dressed. The cloths get in the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    the real question here should be..."Who Dosent".....LOL....
    Lately I haven't.... mater of fact I don't know where Karen's camera is!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Ummmmmm, the issue here is that some heels will make your legs look good [or better than other heels] and some will make your legs look bad. Particularly one's calves. That can't be determined catalog shopping.

Shoes are similar to jeans. Just because they look good in a pic or hanging on a rack does not mean they are going to improve one's presentation.

I wear 10.5 in men's. I'm in 12s or 13s in women's. I've only found two stores that I can try shoes on at. Trying on heels is my new favorite thing.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH, I take them for private personal use only.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I take pics of my legs, feet in heels, some upskirts while sitting on my couch or in my truck , these are all personal I seldom post them on other sites

I don't but this is more about I can't find my size at brick and mortar stores. I do look at them in a full length mirror from as many angles as possible before deciding if a trip to the UPS store for a return is in order.
    I really need to work on my signature...

Hi,

I get others to take photos of myself after iv taken every one else's if i remember or think about it, other wise cant really be bothered though sometimes ill take a few after our events, just to show i was there,

at some events ill take 600 or more then check them on the computer when its working right, then back them up so we can look back at what we'v done just you wont find many of myself,

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 04-19-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Love taking pictures of my high heels and legs. Also, wish that I had a smaller foot (size 13 or 14 US)...so online shopping for me.

I love taking pics while dressed with heels on, for me my heels complete the figure change, they give my legs so much more shape. I wasn't really into heels at first but I think I have three pairs of shoes and to pairs of boots all with a nice size heel.